The 2020 Draft thread.

peasy23

On 23/04/2020 at 20:17, lichtie23 said:

My son was born on April 13th so looks like il have company for the draft tonight. His mum bought a couple of outfits for him......which one should I pop him in tonight?IMG_2959.jpgIMG_2960.jpg
He looks disgusted in both to be fair

Is neither an option, poor thing?!

Congratulations to you both.

If Twitter is to be believed the Dolphins were trying to tempt the Bengals for the number 1 pick for a good part of last week but were emphatically turned down. The best Miami could do would be pick 3 imo, but you just never know and all it takes is a Daniel Jones type pick to throw the whole mock drafts up in the air.

The remote nature of things might turn it literally into a bit of a farce but apparently they had a mock run last week to iron out a few issues.

American sports GM would be such a cool job wouldn't it? History tells us that some teams have things much better figured out than others. The Eagles for example have a top notch analytics department and they for one should be very strong in this draft. Jefferson or a trade up for Ruggs has been mentioned for their WR need.

Personally Tee Higgins who should go late 1st, possibly 2nd round is one I'd be keeping my eye on for the future.

I'll also throw in:

Jalen Hurts (QB) and Antonio Gibson (RB)

Feel free to throw in some names of relative sleepers before the draft and we can revisit in the future to see what happened to them....☺️

Edited by BukyOHare

Been looking back over some previous drafts, when you step back a fewyears you always see a few clangers.

2014 saw Greg Robinson and Black Bortles taken when Khalil Mack, Taylor Lewan, Odell Beckham Jr and Aaron Donald were all on the board.  Ooft.

2017 is the first draft I really took an interest in and that saw Chicago make a dramatic trade up one spot to take... Mitch Trubisky.  When Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson were there.  

Never understood why would they make the first round picks on a Thursday night US time? 

You'd think it'd be more suited to a Saturday or Sunday night slot, for advertising revenue and availability for public viewing. Probably a valid reason why that I'm not aware of. 😂

Edited by BukyOHare

Never understood why would they make the first round picks on a Thursday night US time? 
You'd think it'd be more suited to a Saturday or Sunday night slot, for advertising revenue and availability for public viewing. Probably a valid reason why that I'm not aware of. [emoji23]

Iv a feeling it’s due to the NBA playoffs that would normally be on just now.