Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

In the comments:

Rudy Haugeneder

This virus is especially lethal for seniors. That, to me, is suspicious since we seniors are the most expensive to maintain and pose a severe economic problem worldwide, particularly in countries like China. So, since I am suspicious, does that mean it's spread is intentional even though China looks to be taking enormous efforts to contain it?

Hey @Granny Danger  It's coming for you!

Edited by NewBornBairn

Why are the UK government talking about flying people out of quarantined zones? Shouldn't they be left there in "quarantine" to stop this spreading?

And why are the BBC sending people into these areas?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-china-51255918/china-coronavirus-road-blocks-and-ghost-towns

Why are the UK government talking about flying people out of quarantined zones? Shouldn't they be left there in "quarantine" to stop this spreading?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-china-51255918/china-coronavirus-road-blocks-and-ghost-towns

Not the only country looking at this. Generally, Chinese hospitals are a very high standard, but under these circumstances due to volume, not performing as they should. Also, if you are not fluent in Mandarin, negotiating all this would be very difficult. Could also cause unnecessary conflict if foreigners were to start to turn unwell.

In all this, its not so much about the virus, but the politics behind. Has China reacted properly and been telling the truth. Seems unlikely.

Why are journalists going in. It’s there job, ego and pay day.

32 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Anyone flown out will be quarantined for the appropriate time and tested. And if I was one of the sick people there, I'd rather be taken out of what is no doubt absolute chaos in the affected area and treated in an English-speaking environment.

If I was in the area and not sick, I'd like to be removed from the area.

12 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Counting China and Hong Kong separately? Controversial.

It's usually Taiwan that gets them upset. They don't have that one in the collection yet.  Very touchy subject.

7 hours ago, philpy said:
14 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:
League table as it stands. Singapore got a late one in last night, as did Malaysia.

China just showing their commitment to this, they are like Liverpool to everyone else’s Man U. Looks like China copy Kleenex is far inferior to the real deal.

A lot of hysteria now on social media. Claims of lies and its 90000-100000 infected in China and an infection rate of 14 instead of 2.5 (which is bad enough).

Xi stating that this is a ‘grave situation’ and officials now claiming that its quite possible China can’t contain this.

Plenty of governments and officials pressing panic buttons. Philippines just rounded up over 400 people from Wuhan and sent them back.

A week ago China announced 41 cases and 2 deaths. Disease Analysts at Londons Imperial College, believed it to be 1700+.

Even at Chinas figures and similar increase in the next seven days would see the figure hit near 50,000 and deaths would top 800 putting it on a par with SARS.

Mother nature is a bitch with her Natural Terrorism, the hysteria gripping everyone more than the event.

IMG_2072.thumb.jpg.a1b215b87feee092d963b35429de0382.jpg

Play-off places look a bit tight there.

Good to see a clean sheet for Thistle for once.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Well I'd  rather you stayed there.

If there was going to be an evacuation, or airlift out, given the incubation period I'd prefer

that they be flown in to some quiet airfield,  and onward transferred to a remote island, supplies

parachuted in.....

and if they start to show symptoms,

helicopter them out to isolation hospitalisation and treatment facilities.

Those diggers seem to have been moving a lot of earth of the last few days. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere though.
Where are the drainage pipes and the foundations? My guess is it won't be open this week.

Its a field hospital they are building. It’s prefabs that are going up.

[mention=40427]Tight John McVeigh is a tit[/mention]  You got a new league table?
Thailand only got 1 more yesterday.  8th in total.

There were slow to publish today (or me to find it). China exerting their dominance in this field. Remove the jiggery pokery of Hong Kong/Macau and you have really consolidated 2nd place with your kleenex and leaflet approach.

Still calling foul with France and US trying to bring in ringers, seems UK is planning this approach as well just to get on the board. A bit shocked at Vietnam, terrible performance from them, but maybe Tet is hampering them just now.

Next couple of days will be big with many returning to work. China playing defensive by extending their long holiday to 2nd February and continuing to extend cancelation of intercity buses, but with such an assertive lead they can afford to rest their big players for the latter stages.

Still no face masks or hand santisers to be found in Singapore. Could be a catch 22 with China being a massive producer of these products so unlikely to fulfil demand.

IMG_2073.jpg

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/china-death-toll-spikes-to-80-more-than-2-700-cases-confirmed-12352546