Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

11 cases is hardly cause for panic surely?

Seems like a storm in a tea cup

On the 21st of February Italy had 20 cases. Yesterday they had over 3800 cases in total with 41 deaths reported for that day alone.

Chances of that happening in Scotland should be reduced as we have had very loud warnings so people are paying attention. But it shows how quickly these things can turn around.  

I see Trump has also just announced $8.3 billion to fight this and "find a cure".

Now, would it be totally outrageous if the USA (against all the odds) suddenly found a cure in the next few weeks which could then unbelievably hit the market in a matter of months against all the odds ??

They'd come out of it all as the Hero's once again who'd saved the planet and at the same time destroyed the Chinese Economy and taken out half of the Iranian ruling party.

Not that I'm into conspiracies or anything............

Edited by WATTOO

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I see Trump has also just announced $8.3 billion to fight this and "find a cure".

Now, would it be totally outrageous if the USA (against all the odds) suddenly found a cure in the next few weeks which could then unbelievably hit the market in a matter of months against all the odds ??

There are already multiple candidate vaccinations, however they will take a while to undergo trials.

Disease like this do not tend to have cures, but palliative care. Given the costs of care in the US, I have been saying things will be grim for them if the disease takes hold. 

It costs money to visit a doctor and many people do not have the money to do that so even though the test is going to be free, many people may not be able to get tested. They are currently horribly short of testing kits and have no real plan to deal with it. 

Also given the disease hospitalizes about 20% of cases, given the huge costs of care in the US and the lack of flexibility in the system, many sufferers may not get the care they get in places like the UK, China, South Korea etc so their death rate may be higher. Unless the money is going to pay the outrageous hospital costs.

8 hours ago, dorlomin said:

There has been a lot of talk about "two strains" of the virus. The source was some research that seemed solid but its now getting a bit of air time from the more "excitable" corners of the internet. A team at Glasgow say the original research was flawed. 

http://virological.org/t/response-to-on-the-origin-and-continuing-evolution-of-sars-cov-2/418?fbclid=IwAR23BbxucdiIhy4yNvR5LCE32amzYKk2T0HDqeNQtg5qpowRvwLWXEc_YaA

If you do come across people talking about "L strain coronavirus being more deadly" or something take it with a huge pinch of salt until this is resolved. 

Also 23 Iranian MPs are down with the virus. It may be signs that they are on the brink of a very large outbreak. They have cancelled prayers and are not following Islamic law in burying those with the virus (burying them in lime) so it seems like they are very worried about it.

That's them done for then. Galatians 6:7

9 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

There are already multiple candidate vaccinations, however they will take a while to undergo trials.

Disease like this do not tend to have cures, but palliative care. Given the costs of care in the US, I have been saying things will be grim for them if the disease takes hold. 

It costs money to visit a doctor and many people do not have the money to do that so even though the test is going to be free, many people may not be able to get tested. They are currently horribly short of testing kits and have no real plan to deal with it. 

Also given the disease hospitalizes about 20% of cases, given the huge costs of care in the US and the lack of flexibility in the system, many sufferers may not get the care they get in places like the UK, China, South Korea etc so their death rate may be higher. Unless the money is going to pay the outrageous hospital costs.

Yes, the ordinary punter over there could be in trouble and of course unless testing is free or being covered by the basic Insurance then the majority won't be able to afford it.

They've also got a huge problem with the homeless and as someone previously mentioned illegal immigrants, so that's two groups right away who're off the radar.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Better have a chug to be on the safe side.

It may be your last one.

Don't worry though a sore throat and shooting pains through your head aren't symptoms, they are for Ebola though...

Enjoy the sausage rolls at the funeral and take good care of Mrs Par for me. 

I wonder what the political impact will be in the US if the virus takes hold.  If things are as bad as they could be, as dorlmoin posts, could it push voters behind towards the Democratic candidate.

It's also very likely that all candidates in the upcoming election will be in the at risk groups - Trump is 73, Biden is 77 and Bernie is 78.  Maybe Trump's alleged germophobia will serve him well.

51 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not that I'm one for conspiracy theories, however this was just taken from the BBC,

Politicians killed by Covid-19 in Iran

Several politicians or government officials are among those who have been killed by the disease in Iran.

They include Hossein Sheikholeslam, an adviser to Iran's foreign minister. He died late on Thursday, state news agency IRNA reported.

A former ambassador to Syria, he also served as deputy foreign minister from 1981 to 1997.

Mr Sheikholeslam was also one of those involved in the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when students stormed the US embassy in Tehran and took 52 Americans hostage.

Five others known to have died from coronavirus are politicians or government officials, including Mohammad Ali Ramezani, an MP from Gilan.

47 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They'd come out of it all as the Hero's once again who'd saved the planet and at the same time destroyed the Chinese Economy and taken out half of the Iranian ruling party.

Not that I'm into conspiracies or anything............

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, the ordinary punter over there could be in trouble and of course unless testing is free or being covered by the basic Insurance then the majority won't be able to afford it.

They've also got a huge problem with the homeless and as someone previously mentioned illegal immigrants, so that's two groups right away who're off the radar.

Aye, you can tell you're not into conspiracy theories. 

43 minutes ago, Raithie said:

2 confirmed in Fife.

On 31/01/2020 at 19:40, virginton said:

Anyway I see that the Wirral is currently being used as a quarantine area for the repatriated passengers; is it too late to nominate Fife as the final dumping ground for all cases found in Scotland? Roadblocks on the main bridges and a handful of country roads and the tinpot ‘kingdom’ would be sealed off.

Wouldn’t be missed IMO.

Image result for big beautiful  wall gif

Said this on Monday and got Red Dotted, probably from the Illuminati..

On 02/03/2020 at 13:00, johnnydun said:

Tin foil hat time...

Could this just be a man made thing to off the Iranian government?

Start it in China, oh look it's moved to Iran and killed off the entire leadership. Pity the last government official died just hours before we found this cure!

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Not that I'm one for conspiracy theories, however this was just taken from the BBC,

Politicians killed by Covid-19 in Iran

Several politicians or government officials are among those who have been killed by the disease in Iran.

They include Hossein Sheikholeslam, an adviser to Iran's foreign minister. He died late on Thursday, state news agency IRNA reported.

A former ambassador to Syria, he also served as deputy foreign minister from 1981 to 1997.

Mr Sheikholeslam was also one of those involved in the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when students stormed the US embassy in Tehran and took 52 Americans hostage.

Five others known to have died from coronavirus are politicians or government officials, including Mohammad Ali Ramezani, an MP from Gilan.

BE A WARE!