Coronavirus (COVID-19)

51 minutes ago, superbigal said:

On the barbers being open theme.

I've long since lost my flowing locks (I'm in my avatar)so just pop in for the 2 minute zero shearing.

In all my visits over the years to numerous establishments I dont think I've ever been sheared with clean cutters.

Should barbers and hairdressers be cleaning and sterilising there kit between punters ?

They should be doing that anyway.

45 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This. All those years of popping in for a loaf, pint of milk and a few cans are now paying off for those “under the counter” items which you get handed to you in a brown paper bag.

Hide contents

D584D8E9-40A3-4DFB-92D3-A8E2781B6097.png.5afbecdf1c3b80d1a4e2e273923d1b4f.png

You'll be the mayor of Dundee in no time. Means you have to live in the wee building on top of the Law though.

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bought a set of clippers last week. Gave myself first haircut last night. Not too bad, will just shave it every couple of weeks now. £20 from argos, had over ten different guards.
Feel sorry for all the lads with preened haircuts, they'll be freaking out.

I've been cutting my own hair for years. It's pretty easy. If I make a dick of it then I just go for a 2 all over. My hair grows back quick enough.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I obviously agree with his sentiment, however without the Gov or employers actually proactively acknowledging these people through immediate salary increases / Bonuses or even Tax and NI breaks for key workers, then I'm afraid Direct action IS required and IS required now.

For possibly the first time in history the power is on the side of these low paid people, everyone with half a brain knows that when we come out the other side it will also be these people who will bare the brunt of a shattered economy as they always do.

As I've said, the Unions should be acting now otherwise they're worse than useless and everyone should stop their subscriptions as opportunities such as these rarely come around, if ever.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've been cutting my own hair for years. It's pretty easy. If I make a dick of it then I just go for a 2 all over. My hair grows back quick enough.

What do you do about the back of your neck? That's what made me go back to the barbers but I'll have to have another go at it now.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I obviously agree with his sentiment, however without the Gov or employers actually proactively acknowledging these people through immediate salary increases / Bonuses or even Tax and NI breaks for key workers, then I'm afraid Direct action IS required and IS required now.

For possibly the first time in history the power is on the side of these low paid people, everyone with half a brain knows that when we come out the other side it will also be these people who will bare the brunt of a shattered economy as they always do.

As I've said, the Unions should be acting now otherwise they're worse than useless and everyone should stop their subscriptions as opportunities such as these rarely come around, if ever.

I agree with you but there is zero class consciousness or political literacy in the wider UK population. 

Nothing will change. 

42 minutes ago, aaa said:

you probably think the dog meat festivals good too

The last thing this thread needs is yet another dribbling simpleton.

Pipe down please.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ok if your scared to answer your own question. How about firstly we ask them if they will stop?

Or would that make you burst out greeting as well?

The ironing is delicious from a man foaming at the mouth about coloured circles on a football forum.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What do you do about the back of your neck? That's what made me go back to the barbers but I'll have to have another go at it now.

Just shave it with none of the attachments on the shaver. Use a finger as a guide and then use a mirror in the bathroom mirror to check it.

Just when you thought that public opinion couldn't drop any lower, they manage to make it even worse.  Incredible that somebody thought that this was a good idea.
They don't call it the Shittania for nothing.
How exactly are they going to contact all the people that they have just evicted with immediate effect?

"We'll just slide a new letter under their doors...oh, wait..."

Finally caught up with the thread. But, not for long. See analogy below. For avoidance of doubt, I am Achilles, the fleet-footed hero, and the rest of you are the lowly tortoise.

The Greek philosopher Zeno wrote a book of paradoxes nearly 2,500 years ago. “Achilles and the Tortoise” is the easiest to understand, but it’s devilishly difficult to explain away. For those who haven’t already learned it, here are the basics of Zeno’s logic puzzle, as we understand it after generations of retelling:

Achilles, the fleet-footed hero of the Trojan War, is engaged in a race with a lowly tortoise, which has been granted a head start. Achilles’ task initially seems easy, but he has a problem. Before he can overtake the tortoise, he must first catch up with it. While Achilles is covering the gap between himself and the tortoise that existed at the start of the race, however, the tortoise creates a new gap. The new gap is smaller than the first, but it is still a finite distance that Achilles must cover to catch up with the animal. Achilles then races across the new gap. To Achilles’ frustration, while he was scampering across the second gap, the tortoise was establishing a third. The upshot is that Achilles can never overtake the tortoise. No matter how quickly Achilles closes each gap, the slow-but-steady tortoise will always open new, smaller ones and remain just ahead of the Greek hero.

30 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I agree with you but there is zero class consciousness or political literacy in the wider UK population. 

Nothing will change. 

Sadly, you're probably right.

Finally caught up with the thread. But, not for long. See analogy below. For avoidance of doubt, I am Achilles, the fleet-footed hero, and the rest of you are the lowly tortoise.
The Greek philosopher Zeno wrote a book of paradoxes nearly 2,500 years ago. “Achilles and the Tortoise” is the easiest to understand, but it’s devilishly difficult to explain away. For those who haven’t already learned it, here are the basics of Zeno’s logic puzzle, as we understand it after generations of retelling:
Achilles, the fleet-footed hero of the Trojan War, is engaged in a race with a lowly tortoise, which has been granted a head start. Achilles’ task initially seems easy, but he has a problem. Before he can overtake the tortoise, he must first catch up with it. While Achilles is covering the gap between himself and the tortoise that existed at the start of the race, however, the tortoise creates a new gap. The new gap is smaller than the first, but it is still a finite distance that Achilles must cover to catch up with the animal. Achilles then races across the new gap. To Achilles’ frustration, while he was scampering across the second gap, the tortoise was establishing a third. The upshot is that Achilles can never overtake the tortoise. No matter how quickly Achilles closes each gap, the slow-but-steady tortoise will always open new, smaller ones and remain just ahead of the Greek hero.
Eh?tapatalk_1583689098876.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I heard on the radio earlier that Tesco are giving staff a temporary 10% pay rise, cant find it online though.

Yeah, it was on BBC News earlier, backdated to March 9th & the pay rise will run until sometime in May.

14 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

When I were a lad we had an ashtray shaped like a tortoise.  My dad used it and to try and explain Zeno's paradox with my Action Man playing Achilles. 

Presumably we were locked down due to some pandemic at the time...

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

British Airways only offering a 12 month valid voucher for cancelling flights with them. f**k that, I want a refund, how is the best way to pressure them?

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Sneak into where they are keeping their aircraft and blow them up.

Or you could threaten to raise a simple procedure claim against them in the local Sheriff Court.

I know which option I’d choose.

Don't blow up the planes, Stella!