Coronavirus (COVID-19)

43 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

That's from ages ago isnt it? Or have they had a second run-in?

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, remember seeing it live, from last year sometime.

I'm sure I've seen it before. Tbf to the tweeter it does start with Classic and is written in past tense...

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You do know that's Private Eye, yes?

In fairness, one of the hardest careers to work in these days must be satire.

I accidentally threw out the latest copy with only a third of it read. 

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon we will see a partial lifting of restrictions on the same date.  My predictions of these things are usually pretty accurate.

I think it’s more likely to be into June to try and avoid idiots using the bank holiday at the end of May as an occasion to camp/caravan etc etc.

Was there not reports of 500 caravans being turned back from Cornwall this weekend?

17 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Strange Times when Piers is the only cunto in the MSM questioning the government on certain issues...

It's all about self promotion for him though, shouting over her isn't going to achieve anything. 

6 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I think it’s more likely to be into June to try and avoid idiots using the bank holiday at the end of May as an occasion to camp/caravan etc etc.

Was there not reports of 500 caravans being turned back from Cornwall this weekend?

Anti gypsy sentiment doesn’t stop for lockdown.

The BBC have published quotes from Jason Leitch saying the story about supplies for Scotland being diverted to England is “rubbish”. Nicola Sturgeon said Jeanne Freeman is going to raise it directly with Matt Hancock but that they don’t think it is happening.

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Regarding Sweden, if they get a huge spike of cases then it’ll seem like a catastrophic policy but if their cases then subsided it would work out better in the longer run. Perhaps when this is all looked back at in a few years their approach worked better.

The difficulty is what a huge spike actually means - an overwhelmed health service means people dying of starvation, dehydration, choking to death without medical help. If that happens to thousands of people, is if acceptable? I read an article rebutting the thread on Twitter by Toby Young about the balance between economic costs and deaths and it put it very well

Maybe Sweden can find the balance by shielding and cocooning vulnerable people.

Even if Sweden are proven to be correct in their approach, I don't think we could draw comparisons with our position, although the loudest voices would. We've had 40 years of 'look after number one' from top to bottom in the UK, far too many c***s per head of population to do similar IMO. 

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's all about self promotion for him though, shouting over her isn't going to achieve anything. 

I don’t really care if he’s self promoting he is still holding the government to account when most others in the MSM aren’t.  He is doing a good job throughout this pandemic. 

11 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I am astounded that you are questioning my mansplaining.  Very disrespectful.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

The BBC have published quotes from Jason Leitch saying the story about supplies for Scotland being diverted to England is “rubbish”. Nicola Sturgeon said Jeanne Freeman is going to raise it directly with Matt Hancock but that they don’t think it is happening.

On to the next rumour for the perma-raging Nats then?

Just now, throbber said:

I don’t really care if he’s self promoting he is still holding the government to account when most others in the MSM aren’t.  He is doing a good job throughout this pandemic. 

He's being a tit. She didn't know the numbers, she admitted it and didn't try to avoid the question.   

A decent interviewer would have asked more questions rather than just grandstanding. 

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Who to believe?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Mental health issues?

The unemployed man was also charged with possession of a sharp pointed article in a public place and using threatening, abusive or insulting words to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Just scum i think :P

3 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

On to the next rumour for the perma-raging Nats then?

The CEO of Scottish Care is a perma-raging Nat? Somebody should tell him. It's the perma-raging Scottish Government saying it's not true.