Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Depends if his fiancee is still pregnant, I think...

Fair enough, he might even acknowledge this child.

Anyway I started hating him twice as much during his hospitalisation to make up for all the tubes who had suddenly decided he wasn’t so bad after all.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Or, just as likely, your employer saw that letters were being used in France and thought they'd be proactive.

This is exactly it - HR department thinking "what could go wrong, and what can we do to try and manage it". 

There is no legislative requirement, and luckily, we are in a country that is governed by the rule of law - not Scotrail as seemed to be being suggested by Wattoo earlier.

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

This is exactly it - HR department thinking "what could go wrong, and what can we do to try and manage it". 

There is no legislative requirement, and luckily, we are in a country that is governed by the rule of law - not Scotrail as seemed to be being suggested by Wattoo earlier.

I work for a multinational blue chip and know for a fact they've been in constant talks with our Government.

So is it alright to despise the fat Tory c**t again or will that trigger the hand-wringing snowflakes on here that were all praying for his recovery?
It's you being the snowflake if you're so worried about what other folk thought of you.

And i don't think anyone has any issue with despising tories. Wishing them dead was seen as excessive.

But you're perfectly entitled to openly wish folk to be dead. Don't be surprised if folk think you're a c**t though, and call you out on it on the Internet.

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Make fun all you like, but if you believe the likes of Scotrail haven't been told what message to communicate to the public, then I'm afraid you're rather naive.

The main issue with the guidance is that Johnston went on telly and said x, y and z, but those specifics never actually made it into the legislation, so while people think something is the law because he said it, it didn't actually end up being the law (eg 1 hour exercise, shopping as few times as possible etc etc) 

Most people have the common sense to know what the advice is without it having to be legislated for, surely?

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I work for a multinational blue chip and know for a fact they've been in constant talks with our Government.

Of course they have - so have we.  At no point was a "letter" required.

I did have some sympathy with you at the start of your exchanges this afternoon, but your flailing around when the facts are pointed out to you is doing you no credit at all.  I just hope that the "multinational blue chip" that employs you doesn't require you to do anything that requires critical thought

Edited by Wee Bully
spelling

It's not about "special treatment", it's either a health and safety issue or it's not.
You either can social distance or you can't there's no grey area whatsoever.
How can anyone play football while "social distancing" ????
The law says you should follow social distancing when at work as far as reasonably possible. So if your work (which doesn't have to be "essential" for you to be doing it right now, as explained in sufficient detail by other posters) can't be done without sometimes being within 2m of someone else, you can still do that job.

So, when I'm in Glasgow each day, why are Scotrail announcing that "everyone should stay at home" and that the "Railway is only running for key workers for essential travel" ???
Why are the Police stopping people in the station and asking where they work ??
I'm sorry, but this "anyone can go to their work if they can social distance" is news to me and is certainly not the message coming from either the UK or the Scottish authorities.

There is no such law that designates what is and isn’t essential work, only what the government have actually forced to close down can’t legally remain open right now. The likes of b&q plus loads of fast food chains closed down voluntarily and thats why they are opening now.
Long story short, unless youv been specifically told to close, then if you think your work is essential then it is

So is it alright to despise the fat Tory c**t again or will that trigger the hand-wringing snowflakes on here that were all praying for his recovery?
Honestly? I have never stopped despising the mendacious, adulterous, incompetent racist - or any of the wretched scum we're supposed to call a Government. I don't see this changing anytime soon, tbh.

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Of course they have - so have we.  At no point was a "letter" required.

I did have some sympathy with you at the start of your exchanges this afternoon, but your flailing around when the facts are pointed out to you is doing you no credit at all.  I just hope that the "multinational blue chip" that employs you doesn't require you to do anything that requires critical thought

Both you and Todd have made your own assumptions about what my HR department may or may not have been told and decided that is gospel. They aren't "facts" they're what you "believe" to be correct but ultimately you have absolutely no evidence to back up those assumptions.

Thanks, but you can keep your "sympathy" and your ill informed opinions to yourself.

5 minutes ago, resk said:

The law says you should follow social distancing when at work as far as reasonably possible. So if your work (which doesn't have to be "essential" for you to be doing it right now, as explained in sufficient detail by other posters) can't be done without sometimes being within 2m of someone else, you can still do that job.

That's great, all sports should be returning imminently then and in fact it makes you wonder why they were ever stopped in the first place ??

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I have made my own assumptions about what my HR department may or may not have been told and decided that is gospel. They aren't "facts" they're what I "believe" to be correct but ultimately I have absolutely no evidence to back up those assumptions.

FTFY

Going to be some culture shock to the body when I go back to work.  Only exercised about 6 times since knockdown began, and ate and drank far too much.  I'm a builder so I reckon I'll need to sleep for a week the first night once this is over.

That not about standard for the building trade?

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There is no such law that designates what is and isn’t essential work, only what the government have actually forced to close down can’t legally remain open right now. The likes of b&q plus loads of fast food chains closed down voluntarily and thats why they are opening now.
Long story short, unless youv been specifically told to close, then if you think your work is essential then it is

I'm pretty sure the building sites were ordered to close, they were in Glasgow, certainly.

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Oh my.

582B352B-08E6-4D67-86BE-B58FB10A4170.gif

6 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

There's been a significant increase in bams on bikes on pavements as well, infuriating when the roads are practically empty.

Not enough greenies in the world for how accurate this post is.

Can we just shoot them?