Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Steven W said:

Nah, that's not right. NS explicitly said that unless you were involved in the fight against Covid-19 then you should close. Hence why factories are included in the lockdown exit document.

My company makes electrical equipment and we closed down for 1 week before opening again with social distancing measures in place. We aren't supplying any equipment in the fight against COVID. I don't know of any factory in this industrial estate which has closed down for the duration of lockdown either. As long as you can prove you were providing a safe place to work you could stay open.

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Nah, that's not right. NS explicitly said that unless you were involved in the fight against Covid-19 then you should close. Hence why factories are included in the lockdown exit document.

You do realise things can be manufactured outside Scotland?

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was that not advisory rather than a legal instruction? Lots of businesses have kept going without being directly involved, working at home if possible etc.

You're probably right.

But isn't it the case as being merely the First Minister of Scotland, quite often she can only *advise* on a lot of things? (2014 to thank for to that ☹️)

Any decent minded employers in construction and manufacturing have been shut.

Edited by Steven W

Just now, Steven W said:

To supply construction sites? 

Walls, roofs, kitchens, steel-work ????

A new hotel at Inverness Airport was pretty well all manufactured in Poland, so yes.

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I hope you aren't suggesting that Granny Danger is in any way decent minded.

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Most decent minded employers have done what is necessary to keep their staff with an income. For some that meant closing down/furlough, for others it meant putting measures in place so they can work safely. I really don't think we'll have much problem ramping work up at factories and construction sites again.

On BBC news, they were talking about a 'physical' track and trace system using 20,000 folk to investigate contacts. I can't get my head round it.

They used an example of 9 contacts from one positive person. They would then contact all 9 and ask who they had been in contact with and so on.   If each person meets another 9 people that results in a fkn huge number in no time.

9x9=81   9x81=729   9x729=6,561  9x6,561=59,049.......you can see where I'm going with this. There's no way this can work.

Have I missed something?  :blink:

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You denied having a “f**k the old” attitude previously, but have just confirmed it. Happy to let them die if it means the pub doesn’t have social distancing and screens when they open.

c**t.

I didn’t know the elderly or those in the “at risk” category, would be forced into pubs or to restaurants? If they want to shield to be on the safe then so be it, but EVERYONE shouldn’t be punished for it 

4 hours ago, bendan said:

Jesus. 

I promise you not all Ayr fans are an absolute zoomer like him 

9 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

On BBC news, they were talking about a 'physical' track and trace system using 20,000 folk to investigate contacts. I can't get my head round it.

They used an example of 9 contacts from one positive person. They would then contact all 9 and ask who they had been in contact with and so on.   If each person meets another 9 people that results in a fkn huge number in no time.

9x9=81   9x81=729   9x729=6,561  9x6,561=59,049.......you can see where I'm going with this. There's no way this can work.

Have I missed something?  :blink:

The idea is they catch it early in the sequence, otherwise there's no point.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The idea is they catch it early in the sequence, otherwise there's no point.

Agreed . But time is of the essence and it doesn't take long to meet 9 folk if 'stay at home' is no longer the mantra.  

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

What a bunch of pussies you all are.  Three weeks and back to the pub.  Another three and back to the gym.  Three weeks after that we'll all be watching football again.  It's an absolute certainty.

If only! Doncaster painted a bleak forecast on Scottish football on the STV news there 

56 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What a weird thing to get worked up about.

Manufacturing factories were never forced to close though, they were told if they couldn't create safe working spaces then they would need to furlough staff, but as I said earlier most factories will have been operating in some shape or form if they've been able to.

What’s weird about it? What’s weird about me disliking people telling me that life as we know it has gone, and we are facing a ‘new normal’.  My experience of life recently has been one of people shitting themselves if someone coughs or sneezes twenty feet away from them, and staring daggers at you if you aren’t exactly 2m away from them. People walking around wearing masks and gloves. Shop workers wearing perspex masks. Queuing for a pint of milk with tape on the pavement. Want me to go on?

So, what’s weird about me railing against this current way of life being described as  normal at alll? In any way, shape or form, it is far from normal.

Edited by pozbaird