Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I was out in a pick up planting signs along the highways for my aunts re-election for 10 bucks an hour. Being an illegal this was deemed a fair wage. Was joking about trump, this was in the 90's.

^^^Only following orders type post.

38 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

A gratifying story, but I find it insulting that he and the BBC are implying that we would have withdrawn treatment after a month, had he been back in Scotland. That is not how intensive care works in this country. It would have been nice if they'd got a quote from the FICM or SICS.

Does it really state that though - he's quoted as saying almost anywhere else in the world so hardly a dig at Scotland specifically. 

Stop making excuses for an absolute failure at all levels of government. I’ve already posted the video in here where NS defends mass gatherings and schools that was three months ago. What the SNP has shown is that at their first major problem they’ve been caught out of their depth.
Italy was literally screaming down the tv at our scientific advisors to stop herd immunity yet the Scottish government never argued against it. Following scientific advice that a five year old could see was just driven by money and the economy. The scientists might as well not be there.
How can several other countries with little or no resources stop this so quickly? I get that we are in step with England but there’s so much more we could have done, if the tests are unreliable then test twice. Care homes were allowed to get decimated to keep the hospitals clear. Hospitals were built that never got used.
People have to answer as to why we got everything so badly wrong, the snp are accountable and cannot behind whatabootery and let’s see what happens at the end of it. We’ve just lost 10-0 and are watching the results come in saying well at least we aren’t losing 11-0.
I voted snp and I’m pro independence but this has cost the snp once questions get asked they have zero defence but will try hiding and scapegoating Boris.
Please explain how Holyrood could have moved to restrict liberties when Westminster didn't even have the power until 4 days after they voted it through ?

Just saw a young couple shopping in Lidl - a trolley each - going up the aisle side by side and not moving to let anyone past.

That's not a comment on social distancing - you could have had 0m and you would not have got past this pair of selfish fat b*****ds.

30 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Just saw a young couple shopping in Lidl - a trolley each - going up the aisle side by side and not moving to let anyone past.

That's not a comment on social distancing - you could have had 0m and you would not have got past this pair of selfish fat b*****ds.

Also annoying that people who park their trolley right in front of a set of shelves and have a full texting session still exist in the pandemic. 

Reports suggesting the localised spike in Leicester might be acute enough to see it being the first area to be put into a localised lockdown. Interesting to see how this develops as a strategy and how the citizens / business owners react given the easing all around them.

16 minutes ago, The OP said:

Also annoying that people who park their trolley right in front of a set of shelves and have a full texting session still exist in the pandemic. 

Or leave their trolley then wander off to browse the opposite aisle. 

50 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Good to see pozbaird getting out and about on a Sunday morning.

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Reports suggesting the localised spike in Leicester might be acute enough to see it being the first area to be put into a localised lockdown. Interesting to see how this develops as a strategy and how the citizens / business owners react given the easing all around them.

I'm thinking 'riots after not much time at all'.

Edited by vikingTON

16 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Still amazes me how many folk think that people in shops HAVE to serve them.

I can f**k you off if I don't fancy the look of your shoes, you clown. If you won't leave, I'll get the polis to take you away. Even more of a minter in the States, where there's a chance they'll consider your flapping mouth a dangerous weapon and close it permanently. I do not understand what those folk think they're going to gain from this stupidity.

I've recently decided to follow the face mask whilst in a shop advice.

Anyone else doing this?

I know it's now mandatory on public transport but sturgeon wants us wearing them in shops too.

Yesterday in asda i saw only 3 other folk wearing them, 2 of them had them down round their neck (so completely useless). I was in the shop for a good wee while.

Anyone else using them?

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've recently decided to follow the face mask whilst in a shop advice.

Anyone else doing this?

I know it's now mandatory on public transport but sturgeon wants us wearing them in shops too.

Yesterday in asda i saw only 3 other folk wearing them, 2 of them had them down round their neck (so completely useless). I was in the shop for a good wee while.

Anyone else using them?

I've worn mine on transport and like you going into the shops.