Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Aye same. I’ve also only saw one driver wearing* one
*by wearing I mean he had it around his neck 
Drivers aren't required to wear one if their driving cab has a screen between them and Joe Public.

I suppose it could be argued it would be a better look if they did but just in case you're thinking they're flouting the law.

51 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We have and we choose not to 

The masks we have been provided are very basic and last for 20 minutes before we need to put on a knew one. I'm not prepared to do this for an 8 hour shift.

On plus side for my shop. 17 people out of 17 who have been tested have all been negative.

We have nobody right now who is off with symptoms.

I reckon for general public maybe 1 in 50 people maybe wear a mask when coming in. Older people are by far the best when wearing them.  Attempt to but not correctly . 

Some who wear masks don't wear gloves. Those who wear masks usually put them on their chin when inside the shop.

Down my way, in shops, the people wearing masks are very much in the minority.  That includes the assistants. 

The mix of those who do wear the masks seems to be quite diverse.  Not at all confined to just older people.  

Occasionally see people wearing gloves, but no mask. 

I don't use public transport at the moment, so can't comment on that.

When shopping, I use a mask and gloves.

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Gloves are far less useful than masks for spreading infection. Not even close.

And why does it only last 20 minutes?

True. You touch item and put it back and then you touch your face , next customer picks up item and puts it into trolley , person at the cashier ( pending if you do scan as you go ) then touches it and puts it back into  trolley.

4 people have now touched as the filler who put it out also.

Our masks according to guideline we wear for 20 minutes. Dispose and put a new one on 

56 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We have and we choose not to 

The masks we have been provided are very basic and last for 20 minutes before we need to put on a knew one. I'm not prepared to do this for an 8 hour shift.

On plus side for my shop. 17 people out of 17 who have been tested have all been negative.

We have nobody right now who is off with symptoms.

I reckon for general public maybe 1 in 50 people maybe wear a mask when coming in. Older people are by far the best when wearing them.  Attempt to but not correctly . 

Some who wear masks don't wear gloves. Those who wear masks usually put them on their chin when inside the shop.

Sounds about right, from what I've seen.

Does your dragon breath melt the masks?  :o

1 minute ago, beefybake said:

Down my way, in shops, the people wearing masks are very much in the minority.  That includes the assistants. 

The mix of those who do wear the masks seems to be quite diverse.  Not at all confined to just older people.  

Occasionally see people wearing gloves, but no mask. 

I don't use public transport at the moment, so can't comment on that.

When shopping, I use a mask and gloves.

Older people I find great fun. Through out this they have did what they wanted and pretty much carried on like normal regardless of what guidelines were put in place.

I use click and collect shopping. Simple and home within 5 minutes . Downside being dates on items potentially being shite.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

True. You touch item and put it back and then you touch your face , next customer picks up item and puts it into trolley , person at the cashier ( pending if you do scan as you go ) then touches it and puts it back into  trolley.

4 people have now touched as the filler who put it out also.

Our masks according to guideline we wear for 20 minutes. Dispose and put a new one on 

I fire hand sanitiser on my gloves every few minutes which basically means they fall apart under the onslaught so I have to put a new pair on, the system works.

45 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Gloves are far less useful than masks for spreading infection. Not even close.

And why does it only last 20 minutes?

The disposable ones get moist really easily from your breath and when they are wet they don't offer any protection (I think) 

36 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Drivers aren't required to wear one if their driving cab has a screen between them and Joe Public.

I suppose it could be argued it would be a better look if they did but just in case you're thinking they're flouting the law.

Yeah I figured there was no need for one if there was the Perspex screen. Just always find it bizarre when I see folk wearing them around their neck. I saw him again 15 mins later still with it around his neck 😂

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

I fire hand sanitiser on my gloves every few minutes which basically means they fall apart under the onslaught so I have to put a new pair on, the system works.

It would be much easier just to sanitise your actual hands.

Gloves are pointless.

Does sanitising your hands regularly not do the job if you don't touch yourself afterwards?
Well, not until you get home, at least.
It would be much easier just to sanitise your actual hands.
Gloves are pointless.
Some evidence that wearing gloves makes you less likely to touch your face (in a self conscious mind of way).

Other than that, no difference. But your hands get pretty fucked when washing and sanitizing so much.

23 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Any protection to who? 

Actually yeah that's a good point. I don't have a fucking clue then. Definitely did read something a while ago about the moistness, but that was back in the masks are shit days (as opposed to the masks are probably shit but wear them anyway days now) 

11 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Actually yeah that's a good point. I don't have a fucking clue then. Definitely did read something a while ago about the moistness, but that was back in the masks are shit days (as opposed to the masks are probably shit but wear them anyway days now) 

The masks I have at work havnt changed. They are still shit . ( could buy my own granted) but then it's not me who is moaning about wearing masks in my work place.

Sturgeon should have said to make it mandatory to wear one. She hasnt.

Some evidence that wearing gloves makes you less likely to touch your face (in a self conscious mind of way).

Other than that, no difference. But your hands get pretty fucked when washing and sanitizing so much.
I'd agree with this pretty much. What gets me is when you see someone pull into a garage, put gloves on to handle the pump that's had god knows how many hundred mockit folk handling it then keep their gloves on to go and pay, then get back in their car and drive off with the gloves still on. These folk will usually, but not exclusively, also have a mask on with their nose hanging out over the top of it.

I'm not sure if my skin has adapted or not, if that's even possible, but I use hand sanitiser quite a lot at work and at the start of this my skin was that dry that I ended up with the skin broken a bit on my knuckles.

I'm still using the stuff just as much and my skin is fine.
Is it possible some of the early stuff was produced in a hurry and a bit too 'crude'? [emoji2371]

7 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I'm not sure if my skin has adapted or not, if that's even possible, but I use hand sanitiser quite a lot at work and at the start of this my skin was that dry that I ended up with the skin broken a bit on my knuckles.

I'm still using the stuff just as much and my skin is fine.
Is it possible some of the early stuff was produced in a hurry and a bit too 'crude'? emoji2371.png

I've experienced the very same. My hands are fine now, but I'm still washing them as much.

They were in some nick in March.