Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 21/09/2020 at 12:13, Jacksgranda said:

Anyway, if there is a further shortage of toilet roll, you know who to blame - youngest stepdaughter has just had 45 rolls deliverd here. I don't know if we'll get any or if their all for her house.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Any evidence of shoppers panic buying again?

Toilet rolls, pasta, hand wash.

#panicbuying I see is trending again, I guess this is more to do with anticipating this behaviour.

Maybe isolated examples?

9 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's a good service for the money but the quality of the fresh fruit/veg that gets picked is mixed to say the least.

It's great if you have housebound older relatives and you don't want to visit them but would still like them to get fed.

Bung them one of those Wiltshire Farm Foods subscriptions for when they're getting locked in the house until March. The actress playing the gammon role seems happy enough with her lot on the adverts.

16 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This is meant well, but actually feels like a kiss of death tbh.

Unlucky @Szamo's_Ammo you had a good run pal.

I'll be avoiding Monifieth for a while, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Bung them one of those Wiltshire Farm Foods subscriptions for when they're getting locked in the house until March. The actress playing the gammon role seems happy enough with her lot on the adverts.

That Poundland Dame Judi actress from said advert has been quiet for a while, come to think of it...

45 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Its not as great as you think. 

You have the picker, you have the driver, maintenance of the van. And for a shop that could easy be say 50 pound . For a drop off in Arbroath. Granted the driver will have more deliveries to do but it isn't always fully booked. We have had to put caps on it as we didn't fill all the slot times 

I think I heard that it costs supermarkets 20-30 quid to deliver each order. People don't pay that obviously. But it's a case of 'adapt or die' - unless supermarkets are involved in online delivery now, they won't have a future when people stop going to physical shops and prefer to shop exclusively online for groceries. Otherwise they'll become the supermarket equivalent of Blockbuster.

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

My granddaughter's test came back negative.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Mother-in-law out of icu, less than 24 hours after going in. Bit Boris Johnson-y but I'll take that 🤞 

Good news x 2. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Asda delivery works out around £1 a week for me and thats worth not bumping into all the aisle blocking zoomers each week.
Also dont buy anything on top of what I need can look around the house to check things rather than just buy loads each time.

That's the bit I find a bit of a nuisance, having to gauge whether we're going to run out of something before the next delivery, whereas before lockdown I'd have been out everyday and if we needed anything it was bought.

What I don't miss is my wife's texts with add ons having asked does she need anything else before I left the house with ze list.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Any evidence of shoppers panic buying again?

Toilet rolls, pasta, hand wash.

#panicbuying I see is trending again, I guess this is more to do with anticipating this behaviour.

Maybe isolated examples?

I saw someone leave Asda with a trolley full of toilet roll this morning. She might have had a severe dose of the shits but I highly doubt it. Stupid cow.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Making the transition to getting ASDA deliveries has been a highlight of the Covid era for me. Wouldn't go back.

Same here. Absolute game changer for me when it comes to the 'big' shop.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's the bit I find a bit of a nuisance, having to gauge whether we're going to run out of something before the next delivery, whereas before lockdown I'd have been out everyday and if we needed anything it was bought.

What I don't miss is my wife's texts with add ons having asked does she need anything else before I left the house with ze list.

You can edit the shop up until the night before. 

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

You can edit the shop up until the night before. 

We're dealing with independent supermarkets, I usually fire off another e-mail asking for whatever it is we're in desperate need of.

It's never anything life threatening and we've survived 6 + months so far, usually we just get it the following week.

45 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Regarding home deliveries from supermarkets, it is a costly operation on the whole but it's a way of keeping custom within that supermarket. Click and Collect is the same.

I've got accounts with all the delivering supermarkets in Inverness, the decision is usually on who's got the most convenient and cheapest slot.

_47495840_usedcarsalesman.jpg

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I've got accounts with all the delivering supermarkets in Inverness, the decision is usually on who's got the most convenient and cheapest slot.

_47495840_usedcarsalesman.jpg

Supermarket delivery is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.    Phone them up, tell her what you want, get them to come around to your house and then slip your hand into the old bag.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

We're dealing with independent supermarkets, I usually fire off another e-mail asking for whatever it is we're in desperate need of.

It's never anything life threatening and we've survived 6 + months so far, usually we just get it the following week.

Asda is really easy I have a basics order that I use as a placeholder then just add stuff on top during the week and combine it with the other one.

Food could be better at times, steaks fresh meat and some fruit is rubbish so use independents sometimes or nip up the town.

If there’s a rapid spike in Renfrewshire, the parents of children in Linwood are to be pointed at and blamed.

Got stopped by traffic lights outside a school there this afternoon. A rough estimate would be approximately 50 adults, zero distancing, bunched in their wee groups having a natter, 3 cooing over a pram at the same time, not a face-mask to be seen. 

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Asda is really easy I have a basics order that I use as a placeholder then just add stuff on top during the week and combine it with the other one.

Food could be better at times, steaks fresh meat and some fruit is rubbish so use independents sometimes or nip up the town.

I just C&P my e-mailed order from the previous week, adding/deleting as necessary.

We found (at the start of lockdown) it was impossible to get a slot with Tesco/Asda/Iceland so just went with the local independents.