Coronavirus (COVID-19)

UK / Scottish Governments: you can't go abroad in the summer, why not organise a Staycation for the October Holidays?

Also UK / Scottish Governments: LOL JK we're actually going to close everything during the October Holidays so you and your weans will be stuck in the hoose for 24 hours a day

Not sure about that. I was due to fly from Inverness to Munich via Amsterdam next week, and stopping at Schiphol for a couple of hours was enough to put me in quarantine when I got back.

There’s a difference between an airport layover where you’ll be mingling with people and driving a car through a country. It’s absolutely the case that if you drive through a quarantine-list country without stopping, you don’t have to quarantine.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sturgeon's tone has been shocking for weeks.

She's got zero willingness to address the huge elephant in the room, which is schools being open and instead just blames every other aspect of society.

Opening schools was a political decision, they said they would be safe but anyone who has family/friends who work in schools know this is a nonsense.

Wish they would just admit the huge surge in cases is due to the schools/uni's being open and for once be honest.

all this circuit breaker nonsense will do more harm than good, as you'll see it end just as furlough ends and plenty of businesses will not open back up.

She's spent all summer telling folk to book staycations and is now about to ban them just as the October holidays start. Talk about shafting tourism here.

All these hints were given today minutes after she announced ZERO deaths in the last 24hrs.

I'd love to see their plan for the next years for economic recovery as I'd stick money on them not even being able to write it on a fag packet.

And I say all this as an SNP voter for the last decade.

Spot on. 

They've got a lot wrong (I know, shock) in their stories so far about this so hopefully this is the latest one. A 2 week stay at home is nonsense.

54 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14361961

Edited by Lurkst

For all that Sturgeon has won popularity in this pandemic for being a lot more open with the public than the UK government, the Scottish response has been just as bad if not worse. How on earth is covid as prevalent in Scotland as the rest of the UK now when they had cases so low in July?

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

For all that Sturgeon has won popularity in this pandemic for being a lot more open with the public than the UK government, the Scottish response has been just as bad if not worse. How on earth is covid as prevalent in Scotland as the rest of the UK now when they had cases so low in July?

Heard a thought provoking remark today at work and have to admit, it did get me thinking. 

Basically one guy said they felt Nicola Sturgeon was doing a far better job than Boris Johnson. 

The reply was “Has she though, or is she just a far better bullshitter?”

Edited by 8MileBU

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Heard a thought provoking remark today at work and have to admit, it did get me thinking. 

Basically one guy said they felt Nicola Sturgeon was doing a far better job than Boris Johnson. 

The reply was “Has she though, or is she just a far better bullshitter?”

The whole bus cheered 

This constant brinkmanship, this threat of 'ohhhh, ohhhh, I'm gonny do it, I'm gonny do it' is fucking wearing thin. 

They reintroduced tighter restrictions less than 2 weeks ago, fully in the knowledge and public admission that it's around a 3 week period before you see the benefits of any such actions in reported numbers. So what is with all the knee jerk reactionary nonsense? 

Again, a 2 week circuit break lockdown will not even generate an outcome in terms of numbers by the time the lockdown is scheduled to end. Any drops seen at the end of that period would be as a result of the current restrictions. 

Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more apparent that our government, like their gormless Westminster counterparts who made it immediate obvious they didn't have a scooby, actually don't know what they are doing either! 

Edited by djchapsticks

It seems to me that the Scottish Government always feels it needs to be seen to be doing something when it comes to COVID-19. They are trying too hard. If I was them I’d keep going with the wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands messaging and just let people get on with it.  I’d also like to hear what the outcomes have been for the majority of these thousands of people testing positive.

If they announce another lockdown for the October holidays I won’t be happy. I get that there are more cases being reported but presumably that’s because we’re actually testing thousands of people now, where as back in the Spring you were only getting tested if you went to hospital. If deaths start rising dramatically that’s when they should be ramping up restrictions.