Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I said this last night, but what exactly is he thanking kids for?

We've been being told for four months that kids can't catch this, kids can't transmit this, kids don't develop symptoms, kids can play with their mates in any number, no social distancing, nothing.

Not sure what they're being thanked for.

A guilty conscience?

Maybe he's seen the studies from South Korea and the US:

Asymptomatic children can spread coronavirus for weeks, study finds

Children May Be Silent Carriers of COVID-19

Kids carry more virus, are contagious

Another study found children had higher levels of the virus in their airways compared to infected adults hospitalized in intensive care units. The study was published in the Journal of Pediatrics.

Researchers looked at 192 children ages 0 to 22 years of age. Of them, 49 were positive for the virus, and 18 had symptoms of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C)Trusted Source, a rare complication linked to the virus.

“I was surprised by the high levels of virus we found in children of all ages, especially in the first two days of infection,” Dr. Lael Yonker, a pediatric pulmonologist and lead author of the study, said in a statement.

“I was not expecting the viral load to be so high,” she continued. “You think of a hospital, and of all of the precautions taken to treat severely ill adults, but the viral loads of these hospitalized patients are significantly lower than a ‘healthy child’ who is walking around with a high SARS-CoV-2 viral load.”

The higher the viral load, the greater the transmissibility or risk of infection.

Leitch has sent 700,000 kids to school with little restrictions to potentially go home and unwittingly infect older family members.

He will be apologising to them in a few months imo.

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

At least he's no at the keyboard

Also Girfec?

Get It Right; Fucking Every c**t?

Ballsy move away from "Stay home, Protect NHS, Save lives"

I do like that he speaks in scheme intellect way (like yourelf), that everyone can understand (unlike youself) however, his message is not getting through (unlike the start) and the young one are turning off, reason I (personally) think he did this. 

Will he post in the next few days for Uni students, then blue collar workers, then white,  it can go on.......

I personally think he should be "telling people" to stop being arseholes, rather than  pussy footing 

Edited by SlipperyP

We've been being told for four months that kids can't catch this, kids can't transmit this, kids don't develop symptoms, kids can play with their mates in any number, no social distancing, nothing.
We haven't been told kids can't catch or transmit this unless I am missing something? We have been told they do so to a lesser extent than adults.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We haven't been told kids can't catch or transmit this unless I am missing something? We have been told they do so to a lesser extent than adults.

100% or 75% Tinpot Thailand have the kids back as from 4th July. Nobody catching or complaining (even from the western taught schools). As from that date they were told to waer mask, and each pupil was given at set time to brought to school. 5 min intervals, You dropped your kids off and left. Then had 5 min interval to pick up at 13:30. onwards.  This is from a nation that 

Guess what the Thai people who have no fucking of time  that has  (TT= Thai Time_ which mean wheneveryoufuckingwant.

Stopping the congregation of Yummy Mummies @Melanius Mullarkey 

Edited by SlipperyP

Does anyone have any opinions on why the governments (both ours and Englands) continue to take measures that lots of people see as insufficient, delay them, hang them out for days in advance resulting in a full weekend of heaving pubs etc?

It is my controversial opinion that ultimately those making the decisions having access to the countries top scientists and every bit of data gathered thus far know much, much more than us, yet you continually hear folk sounding off about how terminally stupid they are being.

What are they up to? Are they trying to ensure a high infection rate just below that required to overwhelm the hospitals?

Is everyone giving it "all they are doing is making it worse" actually missing the point?

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone have any opinions on why the governments (both ours and Englands) continue to take measures that lots of people see as insufficient, delay them, hang them out for days in advance resulting in a full weekend of heaving pubs etc? ...

Part of a wider herd immunity by stealth strategy on the insufficient from a prevention angle part, and all about seeing  how the electorate reacts and adjusting accordingly on the hanging them out there part.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

100% or 75% Tinpot Thailand have the kids back as from 4th July. Nobody catching or complaining (even from the western taught schools). As from that date they were told to waer mask, and each pupil was given at set time to brought to school. 5 min intervals, You dropped your kids off and left. Then had 5 min interval to pick up at 13:30. onwards.  This is from a nation that 

Guess what the Thai people who have no fucking of time  that has  (TT= Thai Time_ which mean wheneveryoufuckingwant.

Stopping the congregation of Yummy Mummies @Melanius Mullarkey 

I’d be writing a strong letter of complaint, SP.

Does anyone have any opinions on why the governments (both ours and Englands) continue to take measures that lots of people see as insufficient, delay them, hang them out for days in advance resulting in a full weekend of heaving pubs etc?

It is my controversial opinion that ultimately those making the decisions having access to the countries top scientists and every bit of data gathered thus far know much, much more than us, yet you continually hear folk sounding off about how terminally stupid they are being.

What are they up to? Are they trying to ensure a high infection rate just below that required to overwhelm the hospitals?

Is everyone giving it "all they are doing is making it worse" actually missing the point?

I don’t think the Scottish or U.K. governments are doing this, they are trying to reduce the infection rate but are finding it too difficult without a full lockdown.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

I do like that he speaks in scheme intellect way (like yourelf), that everyone can understand (unlike youself) however, his message is not getting through (unlike the start) and the young one are turning off, reason I (personally) think he did this. 

Will he post in the next few days for Uni students, then blue collar workers, then white,  it can go on.......

I personally think he should be "telling people" to stop being arseholes, rather than  pussy footing 

Thanks, I guess the reason everyone can't understand me is I'm not a professor. Just shows the difference between myself and Has

How's the arm?

I don’t think the Scottish or U.K. governments are doing this, they are trying to reduce the infection rate but are finding it too difficult without a full lockdown.
You dont think if they genuinely wanted to kill the infection rate that badly they would just fund another lockdown?

Good decision.
If you were to ban all tedious and repetitive posters it would just be myself and a few others left on the website!
I have a spreadsheet of  posters (currently 14 accounts) I would like banned but it's mainly names known on here for abuse and abhorrent views.
Mao will fall on his own sword in due course.
Biggie will be on your list I assume?

You dont think if they genuinely wanted to kill the infection rate that badly they would just fund another lockdown?
Enforcement of the existing restrictions would help - face masks is the classic because so many just don't wear them - from the downright refusers to the "I've got asthma" drama queens - just too many not wearing them to make it effective. 

The Stalinist in me says no exemptions at all - if you can't cope with a face mask then should you even be out?

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
33 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can’t see another option that is going to have a significant effect.  If everyone had abided by the rules I don’t think we would have seen such a high second wave but people obviously cannot be trusted to act in the public good.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Enforcement of the existing restrictions would help - face masks is the classic because so many just don't wear them - from the downright refusers to the "I've got asthma" drama queens - just too many not wearing them to make it effective. 

The Stalinist in me says no exemptions at all - if you can't cope with a face mask then should you even be out?

I see it discussed more on other threads than here tbh, but the compliance stats with the contact tracers seem abysmal yet nothing done about that either. I agree with those saying its herd immunity in all but name but just interested in if anyone sees it differently. 

How anyone can seek to blame a particular aspect of society when you have untold potential for "superspreaders" due to people who refuse to supply contacts after a test or refuse to isolate after contact with a positive is beyond me. 

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Stalinist in me says no exemptions at all - if you can't cope with a face mask then should you even be out?

Anyone who says they cant wear a mask due to Asthma is a lying b*****d and should be made to explain why doctors and surgeons can wear masks in baking hot wards and theatre suites whilst operating on people for hours upon end and they cant. Given plenty of doctors themselves do this whilst having asthma etc yet these twats cant wear one in Asda. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
45 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Not sure the Tories want to be responsible for the economics of another lockdown.

15 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-54494241

Covid in Scotland: Seven deaths at West Lothian care home

Relatives of people living in a West Lothian care home say seven residents have now died in a Covid-19 outbreak.

It comes after four deaths were linked to Redmill care home in East Whitburn on Friday.

More than 50 staff and residents at the home, which is run by HC-One, have tested positive for coronavirus since 25 September.

However, delays in results has seen the home's testing regime branded a "shambles" by an MSP.

Labour's Neil Findlay said it had taken six days for a complete home-testing regime to be organised after the first coronavirus case was detected at Redmill.

He said he had been contacted by worried relatives and that some of the 28 staff and 20 residents had waited longer than nine days for Covid test results.

Health Secretary Jeane Freeman has promised to investigate any issues with testing.

At Redmill, 55 residents and staff have tested positive, while at Milford House in Edinburgh there have been 31 positive test results.

The health board has said a "small number" of people have died but will not give precise figures because of patient confidentiality.

And we are still waiting on the report into Covid patients being moved into care homes.

Add to that stonewalling and lying to the Salmond inquiry and the fact that the Sheku Bayoh public inquiry still hasn't started  nearly 12 months after being announced. The Scottish Government does not like scrutiny.