Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Guy I know is waiting on results from a Covid test but is almost certain he's got it. He's a fit guy in his late 30s and says it is brutal. Constant pain -sometimes agonising - in his chest and lungs and struggling to breathe. 

It doesn't sound particularly pleasant. 

Someone I know who is much same profile has just had it and said same.

Friend of my wife's family that went in the same time as my MiL (who got discharged last week but is completely cunted by it still) has just been put on a ventilator in Hairmyres. Early 70s, not sure of underlying conditions. 🤞 

The French Government have just declared a State of Emergency due to rapidly increasing rates of infection.

France reopened schools fully with no distancing or mandatory mask wearing at the beginning of September. I am unsure if they opened nail bars, bowling alleys or spin classes.

The French Government have just declared a State of Emergency due to rapidly increasing rates of infection.
France reopened schools fully with no distancing or mandatory mask wearing at the beginning of September. I am unsure if they opened nail bars, bowling alleys or spin classes.
What about bibliotechs?
Even thought it was the schools it was defiantly the libraries.

54 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Definitely feel that more people I know seem to know people who have it this time round. Must be a coincidence but it's a strange one 

Same. First time around barely knew, or heard, of anyone getting it.

This time there's been a couple of people (friends/relatives of people I know), either got it or in hospital. 

Anyone who has a job right now and is renting or living with parents and not using this as a golden opportunity to get a 10% deposit for a house together is a moron.

I know a lot of people who instead have been using it to buy clothes, phones, mac books etc.

Edited by red23

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/oct/14/dance-music-platform-resident-advisor-defends-750000-government-grant

Three quarters of a million quid that is supposed to support the arts goes to a ticketing website. 

Ticketus? They're due a good turn to be fair.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

14th September 51 Covid patients in hospital in Scotland including 6 in ICU. One month later 750 in hospital including 49 in ICU. Thank goodness this public health crisis is firmly behind us.

Whilst still a massive increase, it’s 570, not 750

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Sure, it was a study by the United Hospital Fund and Boston Consulting Group: https://uhfnyc.org/publications/publication/covid-19-ripple-effect-impact-covid-19-children-new-york-state/ 

I made a mistake though, I thought it was NYC but it's New York State. So the population is nearly 20 million, rather than the 8-ish I said.

I wonder how many were in the care of a grandparent, as it is those who have lost a 'parent or caregiver'. Obviously no less traumatic to lose a grandparent who is a caregiver - I was just struck by the implied age range of those who had died.

Edited by bendan

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Encouraged everyone back into their offices as well. One thing we got right, albeit Johnson tried his best to get everyone back. Most companies just ignored him. 

Edited by Michael W

Encouraged everyone back into their offices as well. One thing we got right, albeit Johnson tried his best to get everyone back. Most companies just ignored him. 
Including most government agencies tbh. My sis in law works for HMRC and was told long before Johnson was trying to get folk back into work that she wouldn't see her office this year.