Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i'm sure you are correct, but if you had a look at the BBC Scotland website, their imfamous ''Have Your Say'' comments page, is full of brown brogue wearing scots and fat red faced southern gammons, and they paint a totally different picture.🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55042383

All I can see is comment after comment of 'why did she even bother saying there was no change???!!!'

Of course, you know fine well that these same people would be seething if she hadn't explained why certain areas hadn't been relegated.   Then we have this sort of thing:

image.png.0af273ec0e8f706bcdb259199c66560f.png

:unsure:

Edited by Hedgecutter

Speaking of the Magna Carta, there's an absolute wackjob cropping up on the local Falkirk Facebook pages claiming that no Commonwealth country has had a legitimate government since way back when in 2001 when article 61 of the Magna Carta was invoked. The boy's an absolute Peter Dow level of fantasist. Boy's name is Billy Watson and seems to be some kind of new-age health wackjob.

Speaking of the Magna Carta, there's an absolute wackjob cropping up on the local Falkirk Facebook pages claiming that no Commonwealth country has had a legitimate government since way back when in 2001 when article 61 of the Magna Carta was invoked. The boy's an absolute Peter Dow level of fantasist. Boy's name is Billy Watson and seems to be some kind of new-age health wackjob.

These people really need to take one semester of sociology just enough to hear about this Weber guy and what he has to say about authority.

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55061543

Hes right, but maybe he could ask his paymasters why this culture exists....

I had a wee spell working in the grangemouth asda warehouse a few years back, during our induction we were told under no circumstances should we call in sick as doing so would mean you would be likely to be let go at the end of your probation period,  Any sickness at all was presumed to be laziness/ hungover/ not giving a f**k etc etc .  someone asked , but what if you're actually geniunly too sick to work ?  " come to work and tell a manager and you'll be sent home"  a few other workplaces are similar, basically theres no such thing as being sick , if you're off work then your at it

On the other side of the coin there are plenty folk who will just abuse it, especially in jobs where you get paid during sickness, we all know someone who always seems to be unwell on a Monday or a Friday

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd
add more

The big question for me (and no doubt many thousands of others) is whether existing household 'bubbles' are classed as one or two household units in this instance. 

Eta:  I'm seeing that in England, a bubble is being classed as one household.  Therefore, you can have a scenario in which people from six different houses can meet up at the same table and still be acting within the guidelines.

Edited by Hedgecutter