Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It's been choreographed for weeks. Meanwhile, Nicola S has Tier 4 ending the day after probable FDA approval, so Bojo has beaten her to the punch this time. The more important approval in a UK context to enable rapid mass vaccination of the entire adult population is OxfordZeneca and I have seen it claimed that could be by the weekend.
Hope so because Moderna now April they are saying this morning.

Conveniently approved on the day England moves to an amended tier system that MPs and the public alike are moaning like f**k about. Deflection, smokescreen....nah mere coincidence.

Are you suggesting political interference in the approval, or manipulation of the timing of the announcement?

Are you suggesting political interference in the approval, or manipulation of the timing of the announcement?

Speaking of which, I notice Cheltenham racecourse is being given a contract to act as a vaccine rollout place.

Take a guess who owns it?

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

So Aberdeen (88 per 100,000 this week) remains in level 2 and Edinburgh (72) remains in level 3.

Fucking great 

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Did they explain why?

Yes (see below).

17 hours ago, RiG said:

Further reviews of the data for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire to be undertaken in the next couple of days before a final decision is made on them. 

Speaking of which, I notice Cheltenham racecourse is being given a contract to act as a vaccine rollout place.

I don’t actually know, who?

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems mighty convenient.

Fair enough but the above two propositions are wildly different. Which one do you think it is? 

I only ask because one is mana from heaven for anti vaxxers, the other is unsavoury but totally unsurprising politicking. This makes peddling one of them dangerous IMO. Not you specifically but in general, if it becomes the public perception that politicians have pressured the approvers that would be a huge problem. 

It's owned by Jockey Club Racecourses who own lots of tracks throughout the UK. I think what you are getting at is Dildo is on the board of the Jockey Club but she doesn't own any if the racecourses it manages.

20 hours ago, GiGi said:

That's the UK in general. I want things, I don't want other people to have things. Especially not the proletariat because I'm better than them.

Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson can have their billions and not pay their tax like I do and that's fine, but absolutely f**k - under any circumstances - giving nurses and fucking hospital porters an extra third of a month's wage after the hardest year of most of their lives.

The gammonati are a despicable, spiteful generation of human beings.

my favourite that i saw not too long ago was, ''i can't see what disability he has, yet he's swanning around in a brand new ford kuga, and all for free''  

Fair enough but the above two propositions are wildly different. Which one do you think it is? 

I only ask because one is mana from heaven for anti vaxxers, the other is unsavoury but totally unsurprising politicking. This makes peddling one of them dangerous IMO. Not you specifically but in general, if it becomes the public perception that politicians have pressured the approvers that would be a huge problem. 
I agree 100% but it just seems a huge coincidence and given that mobs track record it's hard not to think it. Given they are using the same announcement to tell us Moderna is now April at the earliest just makes it even more suspicious. BTW I'd take it today to get this over and done with I am no anti Vaxxer but I take your point. Let's see when we get the "biggie" for the UK which is Oxford.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree 100% but it just seems a huge coincidence and given that mobs track record it's hard not to think it. Given they are using the same announcement to tell us Moderna is now April at the earliest just makes it even more suspicious. BTW I'd take it today to get this over and done with I am no anti Vaxxer but I take your point. Let's see when we get the "biggie" for the UK which is Oxford.

Moderna was always going to be late because the US has first dibs.

The media now making a thing about these so called vaccine passports, not just to travel abroad but to use basic services. The government are playing it down so hopefully just air time fillimg.
Personally i find the idea of mandatory vaccines by the backdoor a bit unsettling and I’m not anti vax at all.

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The media now making a thing about these so called vaccine passports, not just to travel abroad but to use basic services. The government are playing it down so hopefully just air time fillimg.
Personally i find the idea of mandatory vaccines by the backdoor a bit unsettling and I’m not anti vax at all.

I find the idea of taxpayer funded intensive healthcare for some moron who thinks that their back of a fag packet concern is sufficient grounds to not take a vaccine more than 'unsettling', so here we are.