Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Jesus, I'm not having that! I want a Doctor at at worst a Nurse to administer mine, not some doddery old volunteer or juvenile blimp out of the Godfrey or Pike mould.

Three different roles being offered, effectively admin, patient welfare & vaccination itself. There is a long list of requirements but would think those sorts will be kept well away from the actual needles after the selection process.

Regarding presenteeism and working while sick

https://amp.ft.com/content/8a5bccb5-ba86-4a0c-9777-d1283945106d?__twitter_impression=true

When I worked in a previous job we had redundancies in our department and one of my colleagues openly admitted he was certain to go due to his sickness record as he had long term health problems and frequent absences.

It’s not just big business though. My wife has had a few health concerns after our son was born and she ended up breaking the days/spells formula and had a horrible interview with a council official who essentially accused her of pulling sickies, challenged her about the after effects etc. When I was a student working in the NHS I had a manager do a return to work interview with me say that she knew I was faking it and not to do it again.

The folk crowing about the boozers being shut need to realise it ain't the end of the fucking world. Mental is affecting people left right and centre, surely far more important than pubs. For the first time in my life, I'm having to post my parent's Xmas presents out rather than take them in person. Yeah we could see them,  but my mum has had cancer and my dad has asthma, and the elderly relatives we would normally go and see also have health issues. I'm more upset about that than I am about going for a fucking pint. 

Just now, philpy said:

The folk crowing about the boozers being shut need to realise it ain't the end of the fucking world. Mental is affecting people left right and centre, surely far more important than pubs. For the first time in my life, I'm having to post my parent's Xmas presents out rather than take them in person. Yeah we could see them,  but my mum has had cancer and my dad has asthma, and the elderly relatives we would normally go and see also have health issues. I'm more upset about that than I am about going for a fucking pint. 

Yet another idiotic post assuming anyone talking about hospitality is just desperate for a pint.

It’s easy to have the selfish attitude displayed above when it doesn’t impact you. Not so easy when you are one of the huge number of people unemployed/furloughed/business owner with business in tatters. I’d guess mental health might be impacted a touch in those circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yet another idiotic post assuming anyone talking about hospitality is just desperate for a pint.

It’s easy to have the selfish attitude displayed above when it doesn’t impact you. Not so easy when you are one of the huge number of people unemployed/furloughed/business owner with business in tatters. I’d guess mental health might be impacted a touch in those circumstances.

Really?? I've seen folk greeting on FB about not getting for a pint.  I have a couple of friends who run pubs,  so I don't know how you think I'm being selfish with my attitude. We've supported local pubs where we can, buying takeaway pints rather than giving supermarkets my money. I'm sorry for feeling a wee bit shite about venting my feelings about not getting to see my family over Xmas, yes I know I'm not in the minority, but I was feeling a bit angry about the whole thing. 

44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Regarding presenteeism and working while sick

https://amp.ft.com/content/8a5bccb5-ba86-4a0c-9777-d1283945106d?__twitter_impression=true

When I worked in a previous job we had redundancies in our department and one of my colleagues openly admitted he was certain to go due to his sickness record as he had long term health problems and frequent absences.

It’s not just big business though. My wife has had a few health concerns after our son was born and she ended up breaking the days/spells formula and had a horrible interview with a council official who essentially accused her of pulling sickies, challenged her about the after effects etc. When I was a student working in the NHS I had a manager do a return to work interview with me say that she knew I was faking it and not to do it again.

@MixuFruit my paywall thingy isn't working

It's alright my man. Loads if I search for the article. Is Chris outing himself as a subscriber to the FT?

Edited by NotThePars

It really is kicking of on the 7 day figures cases per 100k in some of the long standing tier 3 areas and their new partner.

Dundee up to 144.7  was under 100 2 weeks ago

Fife 137.1  was under 100 2 weeks ago

Aberdeen 137.3   quick work lads

Midlothian 168.3  denied promotion and gone on the rampage

These figures are now mainly higher or similar to all of the original Tier 4 councils.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It really is kicking of on the 7 day figures cases per 100k in some of the long standing tier 3 areas and their new partner.

These figures are now mainly higher or similar to all of the original Tier 4 councils.

The tier system, in my opinion, isn't working

You got Perth and Kinross’s stats?

37 minutes ago, philpy said:

Really?? I've seen folk greeting on FB about not getting for a pint.  I have a couple of friends who run pubs,  so I don't know how you think I'm being selfish with my attitude. We've supported local pubs where we can, buying takeaway pints rather than giving supermarkets my money. I'm sorry for feeling a wee bit shite about venting my feelings about not getting to see my family over Xmas, yes I know I'm not in the minority, but I was feeling a bit angry about the whole thing. 

My post was absolutely nothing to do with you not seeing your family, that’s a shite situation that many are in so can entirely empathise with that.

However your post made the same mistake that lots of people on here have made in the past, in assuming that those showing empathy for hospitality venues are ‘desperate for a pint’ which isn’t the case a lot of the time, and is a bit of a lazy and selfish point of view to hold.

17 minutes ago, Steven W said:

The tier system, in my opinion, isn't working

The tier system was fucked when the SG immediately ignored their own creation and just fired areas in whatever tier they wanted too.  

This while mewling some pish about the science while ignoring the science about school transmission etc.