Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Was nice of Steedman to waffle for the best part of 10 mins just to tell us that she has no idea how long will it take to get people vaccinated.

Needed more insincere touches of the sternum imo.

FWIW, I find it weird watching her as she looks remarkably like my aunt did ~20 years ago.  Can I still say "wid"? (Steedman, not the aunt)  :unsure:

Edited by Hedgecutter

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was nice of Steedman to waffle for the best part of 10 mins just to tell us that she has no idea how long will it take to get people vaccinated.

Happy to have her touch my sternum, sincerely or not.

FWIW, I find it weird watching her as she looks remarkably like my aunt did ~20 years ago.  Can I still say "wid"? (Steedman, not the aunt)  :unsure:

You can say wid about Steedman and your aunt. You don’t have to choose.

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'll get back to you once I've watched it a few times on iplayer. But I'm probably going to say yes.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

My aunt's son-in-law played the "they say that if you want to see what your wife will look like later then look at her mother..." card during his wedding speech.  Let's just say that he didn't get the reaction he was probably expecting when he added"... and I'm really looking forward to it, phooaaarrr".  

This is an informative listen on the vaccine process:

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/pima-moncef-slaoui/

I'm not really seeing any credible concern behind the 'real world' v test conditions debate raised earlier. If the vaccine produces a satisfactory immune response then that's all you need: the whole point from that stage onwards is that if/when you get exposed to it again in a 'real world' situation, your body is primed to deal with it easily. That's what the results clearly show.

29 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

My daughters isolating due to someone in her class having Covid, who knew.

Anyway im having a shocker of a day trying to help out with using this Microsoft Teams thingy.

As for the Algebra, equations etc I'm ready for a nap.

Teams will be easier to use once you have been given your 2nd dose of the vaccine.

34 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

She's going to regret telling the press a month ago that 1 million people would be vaccinated by the end of January then. As might the rest of the SG. 

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Without trying to sidetrack the thread too much, and assuming that I'm correct in thinking "wid" translates into "would shag", is this Distant Doonhamer claiming on record that it's acceptable to shag one's aunt?  An interesting line in the sand there.

Edited by Hedgecutter
typo

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

She's going to regret telling the press a month ago that 1 million people would be vaccinated by the end of January then. As might the rest of the SG. 

I think she also said that everyone over 18 would be offered it by Spring. Assuming the end of May is as late as "spring"  can be, on that timeline everything would pretty much be back to normal maybe the month before. Somehow I can't see it. 

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That headline is completely misleading. They are following up on people that tested positive for Covid because they had symptoms that warranted it. Most people that have Covid do not get a test for it and in fact don’t even know they’ve had it. So to say 1 in 5 Coronavirus sufferers develop long Covid is inaccurate to say the least.

44 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

That headline is completely misleading. They are following up on people that tested positive for Covid because they had symptoms that warranted it. Most people that have Covid do not get a test for it and in fact don’t even know they’ve had it. So to say 1 in 5 Coronavirus sufferers develop long Covid is inaccurate to say the least.

FFS anytime youv had a bad cold or flu you would remember that after the first few days you start to feel ok, but it normaly takes a few weeks or maybe a couple months if its really bad where your body still feels like you were recently ill, know what I mean?

46 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

FFS anytime youv had a bad cold or flu you would remember that after the first few days you start to feel ok, but it normaly takes a few weeks or maybe a couple months if its really bad where your body still feels like you were recently ill, know what I mean?

Long-cold I think you'll find it's now known as.