Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

You can't debate with hard, geological fact. 

I look out at the boundary every day: it's what produces the Clyde Riviera's magnificent, fjord-like landscapes. By virtue of being on the south side, we are in the correct side of that dividing line as well.

image.png.5326af5ad9ce06482be610786fb70f39.png

Nice try cunto, you're in the mix.

Screenshot_20201218-213715.thumb.jpg.cc65d96decdbfce6cb3b41a1fa3048b6.jpg

Same sort of thing as if you guessed 3 out of 4 grandparents. But. Greenock. You're used to that 😎

Aberdeen 151.3 cases per 100K  excelling themselves now. Cases doubled up over 100% in a matter of 10 days. What is even more stark is that it is not a particular local outbreak but  widespread all over the city.
Worse than Glasgow City now
Some turnaround

This is when we say it must be the nail bars?

5 hours ago, Manifesto said:

Debatable.

Well no it's not. Aberdeen isn't in the Highlands ffs. East Coast no righters.

Greenock is meant to be parted in some definitions.

You a Lowland Riviera or Highland Riveria kinda guy?

Reply in a spoiler to avoid clutter:

The Highland Boundary Fault (HBF) can only be postulated to run under the Greenock area due to lack of exposure, but gravitational anomaly maps show that it almost certainly runs beside or right under Gourock, hence Greenock is to the SE of the HBF.   However, geologically, the HBF doesn’t separate highlands from lowlands (these being topographic and cultural terms), but simply the ‘Midland Valley’ and ‘Grampian’ terranes (or blocks).  Geologists even went to the effort of renaming the ‘Central Highland Terrane’ (which included the previously so-called ‘NE Highlands’ of the Cabrach and adjacent areas) to the ‘Grampian Terrane’ (see image at bottom).  This removed contradictory terms with ‘highland’ in that block, partly to prevent this very conversation.  However, the old terminology does still appear on occasion.

Also, the Highland Boundary fault doesn’t need to separate highland and lowlands along its entirety.  An excellent analogy would be the extensive Ochil Fault, which was the obvious name for this particular feature as it forms the southern boundary to the Ochils in spectacular fashion around Alva, Dollar etc.  However, the Ochil Fault runs as far east as Glenrothes, and only an utter muppet would suggest that Leslie (along with the adjacent Lomond Hills) is in the Ochils and Glenrothes isn’t because they are located north and south of the Ochil Fault respectively.  Furthermore, Campbelltown, Jura, etc are all on the Grampian Terrane, none of which are anywhere near the Grampian Mountains.

In summary:   
One can’t use geological naming conventions to claim that Aberdeen is in the highlands, hence VT is keeping to form regarding all things geographical by forming an idea in his head and havering shite under the guise of “hard geological fact”.  
Also, seeing VT’s posts in your replies (he’s been on ignore for a while now to avoid pages of tedious Ainsleys), the HBF has had little to no effect on the fjord-like features of the Clyde area, which are controlled by various other lineaments.  Yet another example that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.  Makes you wonder about the rest of the thread.

0C75D99F-4290-4351-A356-CD683A369DAC.thumb.jpeg.ce2d2d49d796539f7435dfa9894ec123.jpeg

Also note that eastern and western Shetland are part of the blocks formerly referred to as the Northern and Central Highlands respectively, yet we have the term “Highlands and Islands” to reinforce that the Shetland Isles are not in the ‘highlands’.

Anyway, this virus thing...

Edited by Hedgecutter

^^^ idiot found

Spoiler

^^^

^^^idiot found

P915410.thumb.png.6157781a45d275c2fa59457527ddadde.png

Any one of Highland fault + travelling north out of the Queen Street tunnel = Highland teuchters. 

Aberdeen is 2/2 on this patented, 100% accuracy Highland Teuchter diagnosis kit.

Edited by vikingTON

10 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

So this was probably deliberately held back to provide lots of plucky Britain goes it alone headlines just before a no deal Brexit. Now Moderna is approved by the FDA with nothing coming in the UK's direction until the Americans have their own situation sorted out and Brexit could complicate Pfizer delivery once EUA approval goes through for that, the MHRA approval of OxfordAZ is absolutely pivotal in enabling the UK to keep pace with what's happening elsewhere.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

So this was probably deliberately held back to provide lots of plucky Britain goes it alone headlines just before a no deal Brexit. Now Moderna is approved by the FDA with nothing coming in the UK's direction until the Americans have their own situation sorted out and Brexit could complicate Pfizer delivery once EUA approval goes through for that, the MHRA approval of OxfordAZ is absolutely pivotal in enabling the UK to keep pace with what's happening elsewhere.
Are there any others in the pipeline?

9 in total?

I wouldn't be adverse to siding with the Russians. They've got there's organised.

15 hours ago, Empty It said:
15 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
I'm a man and I plan dreadfully for Xmas. Will be my excuse when I'm bombing about the town on Wednesday morning. Not even sorry.

Just do it all online chief, amazon even wrap it for you.

Do it online by all means but don't use Amazon.

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Reply in a spoiler to avoid clutter:

Reveal hidden contents

The Highland Boundary Fault (HBF) can only be postulated to run under the Greenock area due to lack of exposure, but gravitational anomaly maps show that it almost certainly runs beside or right under Gourock, hence Greenock is to the SE of the HBF.   However, geologically, the HBF doesn’t separate highlands from lowlands (these being topographic and cultural terms), but simply the ‘Midland Valley’ and ‘Grampian’ terranes (or blocks).  Geologists even went to the effort of renaming the ‘Central Highland Terrane’ (which included the previously so-called ‘NE Highlands’ of the Cabrach and adjacent areas) to the ‘Grampian Terrane’ (see image at bottom).  This removed contradictory terms with ‘highland’ in that block, partly to prevent this very conversation.  However, the old terminology does still appear on occasion.

Also, the Highland Boundary fault doesn’t need to separate highland and lowlands along its entirety.  An excellent analogy would be the extensive Ochil Fault, which was the obvious name for this particular feature as it forms the southern boundary to the Ochils in spectacular fashion around Alva, Dollar etc.  However, the Ochil Fault runs as far east as Glenrothes, and only an utter muppet would suggest that Leslie (along with the adjacent Lomond Hills) is in the Ochils and Glenrothes isn’t because they are located north and south of the Ochil Fault respectively.  Furthermore, Campbelltown, Jura, etc are all on the Grampian Terrane, none of which are anywhere near the Grampian Mountains.

In summary:   
One can’t use geological naming conventions to claim that Aberdeen is in the highlands, hence VT is keeping to form regarding all things geographical by forming an idea in his head and havering shite under the guise of “hard geological fact”.  
Also, seeing VT’s posts in your replies (he’s been on ignore for a while now to avoid pages of tedious Ainsleys), the HBF has had little to no effect on the fjord-like features of the Clyde area, which are controlled by various other lineaments.  Yet another example that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.  Makes you wonder about the rest of the thread.

0C75D99F-4290-4351-A356-CD683A369DAC.thumb.jpeg.ce2d2d49d796539f7435dfa9894ec123.jpeg

Also note that eastern and western Shetland are part of the blocks formerly referred to as the Northern and Central Highlands respectively, yet we have the term “Highlands and Islands” to reinforce that the Shetland Isles are not in the ‘highlands’.

Anyway, this virus thing...

It’s as if my dad joined p&b!

I get what folk are saying about politics coming into play with regards to the Oxford vaccine. I'd probably agree with you but, to be honest, I don't really care. The quicker this gets rolled out the quicker we can hopefully get this whole thing to f**k and get back to normality.

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I get what folk are saying about politics coming into play with regards to the Oxford vaccine. I'd probably agree with you but, to be honest, I don't really care. The quicker this gets rolled out the quicker we can hopefully get this whole thing to f**k and get back to normality.

Correct.

The 'holding back' of the vaccine news to act as some sort of sweetener is fanciful.