Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not sure why I should put any credence in anyone pointing out my "hot take being bollocks" when the long and short of my "hot take" is that in my opinion the Scottish government are doing an inadequate job of handling the pandemic at this moment. A completely subjective opinion. 

Completely subjective opinions can be bollocks.

For instance, TiG is a climate change denier. A completely subjective opinion, but one which is quite clearly bollocks.

Facts are more important than your subjective opinion. You’ve been repeatedly provided with these facts, but still spew the same mewling “hot take”.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Thanks for confirming that you are indeed passing your presumptions off as fact

Not sure what I've posted contradicts my original post. 

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's just phase 1. Once they've experimented on all the wrinklies they'll roll it out to everyone else, presuming it goes well.

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Your sole contribution has been to point out that in your opinion not enough is being done and this should be combatted by more being done.

Well done 

Not really given that it's not the only thing I have discussed. 

12 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Completely subjective opinions can be bollocks.

For instance, TiG is a climate change denier. A completely subjective opinion, but one which is quite clearly bollocks.

Facts are more important than your subjective opinion. You’ve been repeatedly provided with these facts, but still spew the same mewling “hot take”.

No one has actually supplied any facts in contradiction to my opinion. No such facts exist to contradict an opinion that the government could be doing better. 

Feel free to try again, or just leave it at agree to disagree 

No one has actually supplied any facts in contradiction to my opinion. No such facts exist to contradict an opinion that the government could be doing better. 
Feel free to try again, or just leave it at agree to disagree 

We’ll agree to disagree then. Good luck.

Just now, Binos said:

I got lambasted on another thread for saying southern Ireland

Lazy racism apparently

Was news to me

Republic has the same number of letters and is more accurate considering the most northern point of Ireland is in the Republic

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Bowel cancer screening kit arrived in the post today, 6 months over my 2 yearly cycle but good to see things like that still functioning.

At nearly 2m cases a month never mind a race between vaccination and virus, it's more likely that a third runner will creep up on the rails in the shape of herd immunity.

But we want that

We just don't want the wrong people, over 80 year olds and such, being exposed to it

1 minute ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Any word on flu deaths this winter, and the effectiveness of this years vaccine. Don't want to see excess winter deaths of 44,000 + like in 99/00 and 14/15

The thing is, you'd imagine that the vastly reduced social contacts folk have had this year, along side masks and everything else should probably have been reducing flu transmission.

1 minute ago, renton said:

The thing is, you'd imagine that the vastly reduced social contacts folk have had this year, along side masks and everything else should probably have been reducing flu transmission.

Part of the question, if flu deaths shoot down, will it soon be a requirement to wear face coverings in the winter post covid to protect the vulnerable

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Witty wittering on tonight about a requirment for measures NEXT (and every) winter even with the vaccines.

GTF !

Thats what has me worried. Before covid a face mask was never to be seen, outside of chinese students. Now I can see this is going to be a winter requirement sooner or later