Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
59 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
I like how workplaces are now magically safer than March because they’ve got a few signs on the wall.

Our offices despite being closed to the vast majority of the staff have been altered beyond recognition since March. Screens, new hands free entry systems, internal doors removed, thermal imaging temperature camera sytems and hands free sanitizer systems everywhere. Don't think too many will be much different (at least I would hope that was the case)

Thermal imaging

You just can't make up where this has gone!!

One of my stepdaughters starts back at work in a care home on Friday. She hasn't had her jab yet, and my wife thinks she might not get one as she's agency and not NHS. That couldn't be right, surely?

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
58 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
I like how workplaces are now magically safer than March because they’ve got a few signs on the wall.

Our offices despite being closed to the vast majority of the staff have been altered beyond recognition since March. Screens, new hands free entry systems, internal doors removed, thermal imaging temperature camera sytems and hands free sanitizer systems everywhere. Don't think too many will be much different (at least I would hope that was the case)

None of that stops asymptomatic spread of air particles which is the main carrier. 
I was being a bit facetious, my workplace has done the requirements as well but won’t spend the big bucks on changing the airflow system or windows. It’s been a case of taking the furlough money due to low orders rather than safety. I just laugh when the SG says covid secure as if it means anything.

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

Thermal imaging

You just can't make up where this has gone!!

We have one and several folk ignored it going red one day. 
“aye it was red for everyone so we can’t all be infected”

ok then, seems legit. This is the reality of covid secure.

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No doubt he’s just referring to his own UTTERLY SHITE INCOMPETENTLY MANAGED WORKPLACE as usual. 

What would you call a place that told you to switch off the covid app? Exceptional, trustworthy, well managed?

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

One of my stepdaughters starts back at work in a care home on Friday. She hasn't had her jab yet, and my wife thinks she might not get one as she's agency and not NHS. That couldn't be right, surely?

It would be insanely dumb if she's not. Keep us informed.

What are the bets that this mad-rush panic, which has packed every supermarket in the country with non-socially-distanced morons, will result in a wider spread of the virus than if Tier 4 level rules had just carried on?