Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Exactly

I do the same for Scotland games but do leave it late, but its just me and a mate 

Big groups need a lot of planning , we sold most of our 2021 rooms in 2020 and all the requests just now are for 2022 and 2023 (a few for Christmas this year)

Been lucky I only book things a few months in advance, usually go to a different place year on year too.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

There was a reference to the good news about the AZ vaccine impact on transmission too, just for the folk who believe she is always deliberately doom and gloom to control us.

There was indeed a fleeting mention.

Alongside a few mentions of "we don't know about transmission yet"

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Clap for Tom tonight at 6 according to Herr Keunsberg.

I'll be flying this as a mark of respect.

Barbados Flag GIF | All Waving Flags

#youcanbemyhero

The trident the Devil used to pierce Sir Captain Colonel Tom's soul just happens to be on the flag of Barbados. Pure poetry.

GP staff would be underutilised? 

7 days a week is fine if we are rotating staff.

With GP practices doing their normal work during the week, there is a real,danger of burn out if you expect them to work every weekend as well.

Luckily, as we move down the age bracket, they will be less needed (although will have to do the same again for the second jags)

Id heard rumours but as you know they tend to "shut up shop" Do you know if all the companies are still sticking to the 3 days in a hotel with a negative test afore you fly?I know we do 

Total policy is 48 hours in the hotel. Shell aren’t bothering a f**k, my mate gets a temperature check at CHC and that’s it.

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Total policy is 48 hours in the hotel. Shell aren’t bothering a f**k, my mate gets a temperature check at CHC and that’s it.

Mental that theres more checks/measures in west africa than there is in the developed world 

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Mind that getting better isn't the only way of leaving ICU 😉

...and that's a legitimate question for the SG to answer.   There's a higher level of deaths in Scottish hospitals than you'd expect given case numbers and hospitalisations.  

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I've only been administrating the Pfizer thus far but last I heard there was no 15 minute monitoring required for Oxford vaccine.

I've had a couple of colleagues receive the Oxford so I will ask them if they had to sit and be monitored.

More curious than anything tbh. Being able to get through more vaccines per hour would obviously be good

To give you an example of what we are dealing with here.

My wife has a job with the NHS involved with data around about vaccination. 

They made 2 posts. One works Mon-Fri. The other Wed-Sun so that there is a 7 day service.

The other woman wants AL so my wife gets asked to cover her shifts. When my wife asks who is covering her shifts this doesnt seem to have occurred to anyone and she is basically being asked to do 14 days in a row. Nobody seemed to have considered this situation might arise.

Being an #NHSAngle the wife agrees to do the 14 days until HR point out she isn't allowed to work 14 days.

Anyway I'm sure it will all be fine 

Well anecdotally, i got mine last night, and my auld faither (who's 81 and nearly died with the virus last summer after refusing to take up a ventilator space in hospital) was done a fortnight ago.

If you take out my two young kids that's a decent percentage of my family... Anecdotally.

The Kings Cross centre in Dundee was pretty busy last night, and they were rattling through folk at a good rate. Most folk didn't look like they were in their 80s either. It was good to see.
Wrong end of the stick totally. Wasn't referring to vaccines.

29 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Let's take a few hundred people from all across the UK, assume none have Covid because they passed a temperature test at check-in (walking in from the cold no doubt), stick them in a steel box out at sea for a few weeks and keep sending chopper loads of new personnel in every few days.  What could possibly go wrong?

17 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I've only been administrating the Pfizer thus far but last I heard there was no 15 minute monitoring required for Oxford vaccine.

I've had a couple of colleagues receive the Oxford so I will ask them if they had to sit and be monitored.

My Parents got the AZ jag last week and were both in and out the surgery in under 10 mins.