Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It took 45 days for 10% of the UKs population to get vaccinated.

It's taken 13 days to get to 20%.

It was always clear that those first 10% were probably the most problematic cohort to get vaccinated and would have required micromanaging in a much more time-consuming manner than those that will follow - there would have been a world of difference between getting the very old (and possibly confused) and the very vulnerable vaccinated, and the impending vaccine conga line of the essentially healthy that they'll be able to achieve in the next few months.

Edited by Hillonearth

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Christ almighty.

You can debate the general importance of foreign travel compared to other aspects of life, both in how it affects you personally and how important it is for society as a whole. There's a wider conversation to be had about when restrictions should begin to be lifted, what speed it should happen at and when it does what trade off, if any, we have between different areas and priorities.

You can question how much people are motivated by their own self-interest in what views they have on those points. However you won't find anything as selfish in those discussions as dismissing the unprecedented societal restrictions we've now been living through in various degrees of severity for over 10 months as giving up a few things up for a few months.

That's possibly the worst example of an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude this thread has seen. It's been fine for me, so why can't the rest of you cope with just giving a few things up - inconsequential wee things such as seeing your family indoors or just generally getting out of your house - for an indefinite number of months and shut up about it?

I've had to give up those things as well, I get up in the morning and deal with it, I've not saw my eldest granddaughter for a wee while now, no point coming on moaning about restrictions impinging on my life every day, I'd rather work on dealing with shit better than just sitting about moaning about it. 

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I've had to give up those things as well, I get up in the morning and deal with it, I've not saw my eldest granddaughter for a wee while now, no point coming on moaning about restrictions impinging on my life every day, I'd rather work on dealing with shit better than just sitting about moaning about it. 

Invest in web-cams.

44 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Exponential growth...

10% - 45 days

20% - 13 days

30% - 7.5 days

40% - 3.75 days

50% - 1.875 days

60% - 0.9375 days

70% - 0.46875 days

80% - 0.23475 days

90% - 0.117375 days

100% - 0.0586875 days

Looking positive!

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No point trying to tug at the heart strings now since you have already dismissed the restrictions as "giving up a few things for a few months".

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No point trying to tug at the heart strings now since you have already dismissed the restrictions as "giving up a few things for a few months".

I've no interest in tugging at heartstrings, I'll leave that Facebook pish to everyone else. 

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I got an e-mail from the hairdresser basically saying they expect to be re-opening early March. Was this said in one of the briefings or are they being optimistic?

I think that's when punters hair will be long enough to cut as they stand outside the shop.