Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For a purely footballing perspective, I want to see a relaxation of restrictions that allows me to attend Euro2020 matches at Hampden (and Wembley if possible) - 4 months away, then domestic matches from July onwards 5/6 months away, and then Scotland WC qualifiers home and away from September onwards - 7 months away.
Give me a plan that is going to see that happen.
First week in April now for the UEFA decision.

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

No one is arguing against this. It’s people like Elixir who think him going on holiday is as important as kids getting back to school that’s the problem.

I'm not sure he's saying that either, everyone knows we're not getting abroad anytime soon and that by the time we do, kids will be back to school anyway.

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

No one is arguing against this. It’s people like Elixir who think him going on holiday is as important as kids getting back to school that’s the problem.

Tbf if you don’t have kids of school age why should you care about kids going back to school?

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
For a purely footballing perspective, I want to see a relaxation of restrictions that allows me to attend Euro2020 matches at Hampden (and Wembley if possible) - 4 months away, then domestic matches from July onwards 5/6 months away, and then Scotland WC qualifiers home and away from September onwards - 7 months away.
Give me a plan that is going to see that happen.

First week in April now for the UEFA decision.

Aye, delayed a month which is sensible.  Again, by June everyone will have had their first jag and they'll be a fair way though the second.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

And yet right across the political divide people in Scotland believe the SG has done a good job on the Covid issue.

I’ve seen you harp back to this dozens of times.

Just because a majority of people think something doesn’t mean it’s right. A majority of people in the UK - let’s not forget you included - thought Brexit was a great idea.

Your response above is just like the typical, Brexity response of “the people voted for it so suck it up!”

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

^^^ Thinks last summer was close to normal

Nah, I've genuinely done as I pleased all my life and I'm not bitching and whining about this shit on a daily basis, If this is the worst thing that happens in my life over the next few years then it'll be much better than the previous 5 or 6.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’ve seen you harp back to this dozens of times.

Just because a majority of people think something doesn’t mean it’s right. A majority of people in the UK - let’s not forget you included - thought Brexit was a great idea.

Your response above is just like the typical, Brexity response of “the people voted for it so suck it up!”

You’re right, the majority aren’t always correct.  In this instance people will be able to make an objective judgement on the SG’s performance on a range of issues and vote accordingly.  When they do I reckon it will not suit the torn faced moaners on this thread.

13 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I don’t give a f**k about when kids go back to school, I do want to go on holiday though. 

I mean, I'm desperate for things to be open on a domestic front first and foremost. I miss the football, I miss my mates, I miss the gym, I miss daft things like going out for a meal or going to the pub (even through everything last year I was in a pub zero times as the watered down version of going for a pint and being allocated a fucking seat simply did not and does not appeal). These are the things I hope come back first. I've spent the last 11 months in more or less a single room drowning in work with no joy derived from any time I've booked off becuase there's no opportunity to seriously separate. 

So yes, like most folk, I want all of that back first. International travel is not high on my own agenda. At this time. 

However, that doesn't mean that it is not important to me. I think to many folk, travelling abroad is a big part of the recreational side of their lives that can't really be filled any other way. I enjoy travel within the UK but don't get the same level of enjoyment as I do from going abroad. 

Should we be getting into the guts of 2021, into 2022 and beyond and there are still severe restrictions, travel corridors, quarantined and general uncertainty in place when not only ourselves, but many of these other popular tourist destinations are going to be fully vaccinated then it will rightly become a point of massive contention. 

42 minutes ago, virginton said:

These. Are. Not. Mutually. Exclusive. Things. 

With a stack of perfectly fine vaccines in place, all of these restrictions can and should be progressively chucked in the bin between now and June. 

All of these restrictions?  No way will other countries, which have not vaccinated a decent proportion of their population, allow tourists. Foreign holidays can wait...ok some countries will open up quicker than others...but stop moaning at every single opportunity.

Oh and why use six sentences when one would have been sufficient.  Or were you looking for attention?