Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm going out and a limb here, but I think if posters are getting a bit angry and frustrated, then others calling them out isn't a very big and clever thing to do.  People's mental health is clearly being affected by what's going on in the world, looking down your noses at them isn't helping one fucking bit.

There are several times I’ve typed responses to things on this thread and then deleted them and walked away.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Who the f**k are they accountable to? In Westminster the Tories have been absolutely barbaric for a decade and keep getting voted back in with majorities. Up here there is literally no credible alternative to the SNP, and they'll get voted back in regardless (and I say that as an SNP member).

and your solution is?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk giving it "no point in getting angry" are 1 step away from launching into some sort of self help, live love laugh bullshit.

Useful idiots is a massive understatement for this brand of thinking.

The idiots are the ones who deal with it the most successfully, good one. 

15 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Then they wheeled out Devi who instantly labelled him a spoiled toddler. She then went on to declare a couple of “I told you so” moments and that her job is to tell people things they don’t like.

I preferred the Tory.

The worrying thing was the amount of people praising her for her thoughts. She’s a dangerous individual. 

15 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
Look at my graph, i googled it so I’m an expert in epidemiology. There’s no way that pubs should still be closed. My pubs guy told me so.

Jesus f**k you are an absolute child.

I did overreact but this thread is full of people acting like spoiled entitled kids who can't cope with not getting everything their own way and talk down anything that is stopping them from doing normal things. Using the board as a personal venting system is fine as long as others are suffering it seems. 

I've noticed this pseudo hardman attitude that every Scottish man between the age of about 45 and 70 has regardless of their background or what they've done in their lives. Is this a hangover of not having fought in a war like the generations before them?

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I did overreact but this thread is full of people acting like spoiled entitled kids who can't cope with not getting everything their own way and talk down anything that is stopping them from doing normal things. Using the board as a personal venting system is fine as long as others are suffering it seems. 

Posters: "I am concerned that the emergency powers used to suppress this virus are soon to be abused, by retaining damaging suppression measures way beyond their remit. My concern is that this retention of measures is way more damaging to society than the virus, given the further mitigation offered by multiple vaccines. The main reason for my concern is that they are repeatedly telling us this is what they are going to do, and I am unwilling to take as read peoples assumptions that they are simply being negative to encourage compliance, or that they somehow can't afford to offer any positivity or ideas about how normal life is to be returned"

D.A.F.C: "You's are all just spoiled entitled kids!!!!"!!"

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Posters: "I am concerned that the emergency powers used to suppress this virus are soon to be abused, by retaining damaging suppression measures way beyond their remit. My concern is that this retention of measures is way more damaging to society than the virus, given the further mitigation offered by multiple vaccines. The main reason for my concern is that they are repeatedly telling us this is what they are going to do, and I am unwilling to take as read peoples assumptions that they are simply being negative to encourage compliance, or that they somehow can't afford to offer any positivity or ideas about how normal life is to be returned"

D.A.F.C: "You's are all just spoiled entitled kids!!!!"!!"

If only posters were so eloquent.

Some of the stuff in the last few days has been bizarre even for this threads standard. These are trying times for everyone, it's good to see him row back but doubling down your criticism seems needlessly petty, imo.

G51 is making some reasonable points but Leitch effectively putting religion a par with education for prioritisation is mental.
Religion hasn't stopped during the pandemic, it's just adapted, like many other things.
Forget non-essential businesses for a second. Social interaction with friends/loved ones should come well before religion.
This.

The problem with this thread is that some are attacking religion when really they should be attacking it being potentially a priority ahead of more important things.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I wished I had your achievements of ... err ... what exactly?

'Not being a fully signed up member and candidate for the Scottish Labour Party' makes not only myself but 99.9% of the forum sitting comfortably above you in terms of achievements champ.

Better luck next time.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Not being a fully signed up member and candidate for the Scottish Labour Party' makes not only myself but 99.9% of the forum sitting comfortably above you in terms of achievements champ.

Better luck next time.

That’s what you’ve not achieved.  The question was what have you achieved.

I can understand if you want to avoid answering.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I've noticed this pseudo hardman attitude that every Scottish man between the age of about 45 and 70 has regardless of their background or what they've done in their lives. Is this a hangover of not having fought in a war like the generations before them?

Every single man in that huge age bracket displays the same attitude?

Seriously, the vaulting idiocy on here today is almost impressive.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

If only posters were so eloquent.

Some of the stuff in the last few days has been bizarre even for this threads standard. These are trying times for everyone, it's good to see him row back but doubling down your criticism seems needlessly petty, imo.

I don't get personal with D.A.F.C tbh, I've been pretty consistent in my criticism of those who relentlessly defend the government and try to tell folk that wanting restrictions eased as a matter of priority is somehow selfish or impatient.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

That’s what you’ve not achieved.  The question was what have you achieved.

I can understand if you want to avoid answering.

To compare achievements you must actually have some in the first place. 'Being a failed Labour councillor' is down there with 'being in Epstein's little black book' in the opposite category though. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think you are directing that at me, but just to chime in, I think the message of constant negativity is incredibly stupid. It's either, being done to force compliance despite the fact that they don't believe it, which IMO is dangerous and damaging.

Or, its being done because they are hand wringing roasters who have little to no concept of risk mitigation and the term "reasonably practicable" and accordingly, have lost the fucking plot.

In both of these scenarios, it is my absolute belief that I am right and they are wrong.

Bairnardo,  I think there is a term called "Risk Adverse or Risk Aware"  Risk adverse- you do everything possible to avoid any possible come back even to the point of pissing everyone off! Risk aware- you know what the risk is and balance the risk against pissing everyone off. I'm a risk aware person and I think the governments are risk adverse.

Edited by budmiester1