Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, trainspotter said:
I did wonder what the fuss was about as I made my way home from the Alistair McCoist Complex last Wednesday afternoon. The following morning was a different story as my creaking joints were much more creaky than normal, along with a sore arm and a feeling of lethargy which lasted about a day and a half. I've been fine since though.

WTF is the Sally McCoist complex ? Sounds like a shite Jazz quartet !!!

An oversized school gymnasium in East Kilbride is as good a description as I can think of. 

2 hours ago, David W said:

A reminder that the five mile over the boundary thing was actually only to find a safe/quiet place to exercise, which for a large majority of the population meant they shouldn't be leaving their LA. The restrictions continuing at that level for another few weeks is nothing short of a disgrace.

Is that ever been enforced? I take not no notice of the boundaries, all Glasgow to me.

4 hours ago, David W said:

A reminder that the five mile over the boundary thing was actually only to find a safe/quiet place to exercise, which for a large majority of the population meant they shouldn't be leaving their LA. The restrictions continuing at that level for another few weeks is nothing short of a disgrace.

I'll likely be ignoring these restrictions in the very near future tbh

Why would you think that, I was brought up in a street where most men didn't work as far as I can remember, this was 45 years ago when you could leave a job on the Friday into a new one on the Monday, thankfully I left at 10, it was rough and fighting your corner was an everyday occurrence. 

^^ university of life

18 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Is that ever been enforced? I take not no notice of the boundaries, all Glasgow to me.

It's been enforced when people have been caught out doing other things e.g. having to call out mountain rescue. I don't think police were ever stopping cars

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's been enforced when people have been caught out doing other things e.g. having to call out mountain rescue. I don't think police were ever stopping cars

I've heard of people getting stopped on the Fife side of the Tay bridge but in my time of travelling with the Saints media team i've been to Kelty, Peterhead, Dunfermline, Hamilton twice, Hampden twice, Ibrox , Motherwell and Dingwall and not been pulled over. Early on the roads were very quiet but its not been like that since December.

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

^^ university of life

I'm afraid that was the hand I was dealt, you'll not hear me decrying where I come from,I don't ever hide it. 

Edited by ayrmad

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

There was a picture doing the rounds a couple of months back of the police next to a car outside Home Bargains in Camelon, captioned with "police checking cars for non-essential purchases".

What was actually happening was that they were helping the owner as the car had broken down. But by the time it was corrected it had already had a good few hundred shares.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

I see Devi has now deleted her lie last week on Twitter. Arsehole. 

An apology/retraction would've been nicer. 

Thankfully screenshots have been taken so she can be reminded of this next time she has a strop. 

Edited by Michael W

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Well, well, well...

Still some fuckwits giving it the “we don’t know how long it lasts” chat in the replies.

Genuinely panicking at the idea that the vaccines work wonderfully and that the world is heading back to normality at some point soon.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

There was a picture doing the rounds a couple of months back of the police next to a car outside Home Bargains in Camelon, captioned with "police checking cars for non-essential purchases".

What was actually happening was that they were helping the owner as the car had broken down. But by the time it was corrected it had already had a good few hundred shares.

Purchases from home bargains?? A "live, laugh, love" sign probably.

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

Only utter morons thought that vaccinated people would still somehow be transmitting the virus; the fact that we're literally spending months doing nothing to placate them is risible.

3 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Still some fuckwits giving it the “we don’t know how long it lasts” chat in the replies.

Genuinely panicking at the idea that the vaccines work wonderfully and that the world is heading back to normality at some point soon.

The utterly dreadful messaging in the name of 'precaution' that the vaccines might not prevent transmission has simply given anti-vaxx cretins more ammo. It has also meant the Helen Lovejoy's are unable to accept an end to mask wearing and social distancing, just in case.

I wonder how long it will be before the variant mewling is truly put to bed due to equally pathetic communication...