Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep. Absolutely been saying this for ages that this was the way out of lockdown and opening up. The J&J one is the ideal candidate for the 18-30’s with the efficacy and given the clinically vulnerable will be already done its a shooty iny for an age group with little mortality risk already. 

Definitely. While I imagine it wouldn't just be given to those aged 18-29, realistically it would be the ideal candidate for all those under 40, as mortality etc is already insignificant in such age groups, and the added protection can be given without the need to piss about for 12 weeks waiting on a second dose.

I and the vast majority of people in the country couldn't give a toss about 'fans at the Euros': it's mind-boggling that God-bothering gimp considers that to be his trump card. 
The VT speaks on behalf of a nation [emoji849]

The majority of the Scottish population are not interested in international football though; never mind the particular question of whether Hamish Husband gets to watch a game at Hampden or not. 
The majority of the Scottish population are probably not that interested in football. It still remains the nations most popular spectator sport and the Euros is a big deal.

Don't think they'll be away from home. Just played at one of the usual alternatives for the national team when Hampden isn't available.
The word is Netherlands and Luxembourg away, the former possibly in Faro. The SFA are waiting on Govt clarification next week before confirming. A heck of a lot of games are already arranged and opponents are limited.

23 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The majority of the Scottish population are probably not that interested in football. It still remains the nations most popular spectator sport and the Euros is a big deal.

The Euros will take place (or not) regardless of whether a crowd is allowed in to Hampden to watch them. Every single minute will be televised on council telly across the country. 

Given that almost all of Scottish domestic and European club competition this season has already taken place behind closed doors, you, Jason Leitch and the rest of The Guys are seriously overestimating the number of people who will be furious, absolutely furious, if the gates aren't swung open for a handful of matches in June because people didn't follow 'the rules' at almost zero credible risk to their own health over the next two months. It's not going to even remotely shift the dial of public behaviour then.

Edited by vikingTON

The word is Netherlands and Luxembourg away, for former possibly in Faro. The SFA are waiting on Govt clarification next week before confirming. A heck of a lot of games are already arranged and opponents are limited.
f**k sake. Thought there would still be some non-qualified teams who'd come over here for a game. If its true at least the travel isn't too bad.

f**k sake. Thought there would still be some non-qualified teams who'd come over here for a game. If its true at least the travel isn't too bad.
I think the SFA are awaiting confirmation they can hold an overseas training camp, they may need an exemption for it. If not they have a plan b, but at the moment I've not heard anything to suggest home games are in their plans.

The Euros will take place (or not) regardless of whether a crowd is allowed in to Hampden to watch them. Every single minute will be televised on council telly across the country. 
Given that almost all of Scottish domestic and European club competition this season has already taken place behind closed doors, you, Jason Leitch and the rest of The Guys are seriously overestimating the number of people who will be furious, absolutely furious, if the gates aren't swung open for a handful of matches in June because people didn't follow 'the rules' at almost zero credible risk to their own health over the next two months. It's not going to even remotely shift the dial of public behaviour then.

You've taken what he said and made it into a massive strawman and lost your head about it. Dear me, this place in mental [emoji23]

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
25 minutes ago, charger29 said:

I think the SFA are awaiting confirmation they can hold an overseas training camp, they may need an exemption for it. If not they have a plan b, but at the moment I've not heard anything to suggest home games are in their plans.

Worked out well for Celtic.  What could possibly go wrong 😂

Given that our group games are being played in Scotland and England, is an oversea camp really necessary? It's not like there's a different climate to get used to, and there are plenty of places in Scotland/UK that they can go in terms of team building and training.

If crowds were allowed then it would be good if there were a couple games outside of Glasgow (Murrayfield and Pittodrie?), but redundant point as there probably won't be before the Euros.

I suspect the SG are concerned about crowds at the Euros as there will be a large global audience, and with it the chance to showcase how well Scotland have (apparently) handled things. Prestige is one of the main reasons countries want to host tournaments, and that's not something you're going to get by allowing crowds into Somerset, Cappielow or any other Scottish club ground before then.

That said, it would be very difficult to justify allowkng 15k (for example) nto Hampden and not a similar percentage at other grounds after that point. Given the group stage of the league cup to be restored to July, the SPFL must be confident about crowds in some form come the summer.

But either way, dangling euro crowds as a reward for good behaviour is truly patronising pish.

Given that our group games are being played in Scotland and England, is an oversea camp really necessary? It's not like there's a different climate to get used to, and there are plenty of places in Scotland/UK that they can go in terms of team building and training.

If crowds were allowed then it would be good if there were a couple games outside of Glasgow (Murrayfield and Pittodrie?), but redundant point as there probably won't be before the Euros.

I suspect the SG are concerned about crowds at the Euros as there will be a large global audience, and with it the chance to showcase how well Scotland have (apparently) handled things. Prestige is one of the main reasons countries want to host tournaments, and that's not something you're going to get by allowing crowds into Somerset, Cappielow or any other Scottish club ground before then.

That said, it would be very difficult to justify allowkng 15k (for example) nto Hampden and not a similar percentage at other grounds after that point. Given the group stage of the league cup to be restored to July, the SPFL must be confident about crowds in some form come the summer.

But either way, dangling euro crowds as a reward for good behaviour is truly patronising pish.
Probably more to do with getting players away from it all with guaranteed decent weather. Scotland went to the USA for camps before the last two Finals we qualified for, one of which was in England.

That said, northern England was talked about at one point which many be plan B if travelling is difficult.

On 03/04/2021 at 00:09, Rugster said:

How many folk have had a heart attack since having the AZ vaccine? How many people have had a brain aneurysm since having the AZ vaccine? How many folk have been hit by a bus since having the AZ vaccine?

fanny. 

Having had AZ vaccine, a week ago. I have had no heart attacks or aneurysms, I'm happy to report and I've managed to miss those pesky buses as I cross the road.

I'm happy to have had the lovely goodness that is AZ. 

Would highly recommend, five stars.

https://news.sky.com/story/dates-revealed-for-uks-first-vaccine-passport-events-and-traffic-light-system-for-holidays-12265266

Not quite sure where I stand on vaccine passports domestically, and it seems a bit silly that you wouldn't need one to get on a train to go to the football, but would to get in to the stadium. And I wonder where it leaves lower and non league football, who presumably be unable to enforce it.

But for all that, at least WM are looking at ways of getting things going again. There is just nothing of that sort up here.

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why does our media want us to hide under our beds forever?

Fear, uncertainty and division is a media companies dream they will be hoping this lasts as long as possible.

51 minutes ago, Steven W said:

https://news.sky.com/story/dates-revealed-for-uks-first-vaccine-passport-events-and-traffic-light-system-for-holidays-12265266

Not quite sure where I stand on vaccine passports domestically, and it seems a bit silly that you wouldn't need one to get on a train to go to the football, but would to get in to the stadium. And I wonder where it leaves lower and non league football, who presumably be unable to enforce it.

But for all that, at least WM are looking at ways of getting things going again. There is just nothing of that sort up here.

The good news is that Johnson has shat it under pressure here. We're one step close to getting these horrible things binned entirely. 

That list is another in a long line of illogical covid measures. By all means go and sit with 70 people inside a train carriage but a few hundred of you can't go and watch Montrose in a minimal risk outdoor setting without a QR code. It makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever when the higher risk settings don't need it. 

If they come in in England there is not a cat in hell's chance the perennially more cautious Scottish Government won't follow suit 

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

On the football, my guess is that the Scottish Cup final will be earmarked for having at least some crowd at it as a "test event". Otherwise, there will probably be a pre-tournament friendly at Hampden which could serve the same purpose.

Yeah, if they were going to allow eg a 15K crowd for the Euros, it would surely make sense to try having something at least close to that number for the Scottish Cup final. There'd be nothing learned from allowing 300 people in or not having any kind of crowd.