Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I don't, but you can screenshot most of the article before it times out usually. After June 28, certainly for 'green' countries, there will be no need to test. And no need to quarantine from 'amber' countries either - though possibly a test required. In the end, though, as most places vaxx up and transmission slows, it will make everything pretty moot anyway fairly quickly.

No need to screenshot, just cancel the refresh as quickly as you can and the full article will stay on screen. The telegraph paywall is absolutely pointless.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

No need to screenshot, just cancel the refresh as quickly as you can and the full article will stay on screen. The telegraph paywall is absolutely pointless.

Yeah; view on your phone and switch off the internet when the page is loading.

37 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I don't, but you can screenshot most of the article before it times out usually. After June 28, certainly for 'green' countries, there will be no need to test. And no need to quarantine from 'amber' countries either - though possibly a test required. In the end, though, as most places vaxx up and transmission slows, it will make everything pretty moot anyway fairly quickly.

Quite a long article so couldnt ss it all, need to find out more about testing etc. My 3 year old obviously isnt vaccinated so dunno if i want to put him through a pcr test for a few days. Need to see more detail, hate these fucking paywalls. 

27 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

24 minutes ago, David W said:

Yeah; view on your phone and switch off the internet when the page is loading.

Many thanks worked for me!

Some family friends moved back to Britain from Hong Kong last week.

Both have been vaccinated but they still had to quarantine at home. They got fed up being locked indoors so went out for a walk and some gimp from the government came to their door to check on them. They got fined.

What a place. Hitler would be proud.

Both have been vaccinated but they still had to quarantine at home. They got fed up being locked indoors so went out for a walk and some gimp from the government came to their door to check on them. They got fined.
So they knowingly broke the law and didn't expect a fine?

Cool.

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Can I just check, are you comparing people staying inside for 10 days with the extermination of 6 million Jews and hundreds of thousands of political prisoners, homosexuals and ethnic minorities?

9 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

What is Zerocovid all about?

It's either the belief that these shores can be rid of Covid completely, which is basically impossible without closing all borders indefinitely.  Or the belief that is doesn't actually exist.  I think in the main it's the first one but I saw the hashtag #zerocovid being used on Twitter by those anti-vaxx gimps during that protest the other day.

34 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

So they knowingly broke the law and didn't expect a fine?

It's all made up. 

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can I just check, are you comparing people staying inside for 10 days with the extermination of 6 million Jews and hundreds of thousands of political prisoners, homosexuals and ethnic minorities?

He's some boi, int he? 

6 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Is there an updated timeline for the remainder of the vaccine roll out? 

My Sis and her man got their 2nd jag a while back after 10 weeks my Maw got her 2nd yesterday, exactly 12 weeks and Leich was on OTB saying it is alright to get 2nd dose after the 12 weeks timeframe as someone contacted them waiting on 2nd jag. So think the rollout of 2nd dose may be taking time to catch up on the quick 1st jag rollout.

41 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

My Sis and her man got their 2nd jag a while back after 10 weeks my Maw got her 2nd yesterday, exactly 12 weeks and Leich was on OTB saying it is alright to get 2nd dose after the 12 weeks timeframe as someone contacted them waiting on 2nd jag. So think the rollout of 2nd dose may be taking time to catch up on the quick 1st jag rollout.

I’m 28 so still waiting on my first. I’m just hoping to get my first before a planned trip away in late August which should be fine.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Has anyone heard of any proposals for Parkrun returning?

As ever England are ahead of us. There's been 50 odd Junior Park Runs back up and running down there, although I've not heard about any adult events.

Up here, as you'd expect, absolultely nothing.

Would love to get back to Parkrun (or 10Ks - marathons beyond my clapped out achilles these days)