Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 07/07/2021 at 23:51, Les Cabbage said:

If England win the Euros I demand we go back into lockdown and cut off all TV, electric and internet signal.

For the next 10 years.

On 07/07/2021 at 23:54, Day of the Lords said:

That won't be nearly long enough tbh

On 07/07/2021 at 23:58, Les Cabbage said:

I might be over it by then

1966 - 55 years - nope...

On 08/07/2021 at 09:42, 101 said:

GP receptionists trained the SS and the folks at Guantanamo Bay.

Always been at least 4 weeks to get a doctor's appointment and hence I never bother.

Used to be able to get one in two/three days. No idea what it's like now as I haven't seen a doctor in 17 months!

10 hours ago, paddymcp said:

F22DEEB3-31DE-4F2F-9064-3DD54A421107.thumb.jpeg.6c9efad4532e7c960654bdbd219e685f.jpeg

I’ve seen a few folk I know sharing this kind of stuff on Facebook. I asked if they knew anything of the history of the name. They didn’t. And I’m not sure the founders of the group have much of a grasp of the history of it either.

25 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The LoNg CoViD fantasists not happy with their alarmist nonsense being exposed in controlled studies.

How the f**k are we ever meant to get anywhere as a society if it's just a case of tories say black, left say white just to spite them and vice versa, what a bunch of fuckin fannies they are

Scottish Government decisions are harming Scotland's economic recovery, and consequently the case for Scottish independence alongside it, with no public health benefit in doing so.

Posted at 9:33

Scotland's shop footfall lags behind rest of UK

Copyright: Getty Images
Shopper numbers were down by nearly 5% from May, according to the Scottish Retail ConsortiumImage caption: shopper numbers were down by nearly 5% from May, according to the Scottish Retail Consortium

Scotland saw the steepest decline in shop footfall out of the four UK nations last month, according to retail industry figures.

The Scottish Retail Consortium found shopper numbers were down by nearly 5% from May, and by 29.9% on the same period two years ago.

The UK average decline over the two years was 27.6%.

SRC said the disparity may have been driven by the lag in relaxing Covid restrictions north of the border.

Scottish shopping centres in particular continued to struggle to attract shoppers, with footfall more than a third (34.1%) below the 2019 figure.

Glasgow fared worse than any other Scottish city, with numbers down by more than 30% on June 2019.

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Scottish Government decisions are harming Scotland's economic recovery, and consequently the case for Scottish independence alongside it

This will be what changes policy quicker than any other factor. As soon as they think seats are threatened they’ll 180 in a matter of days.

It happened with the results crisis and that absolute catastrophe of a briefing back in about March and will happen again.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We are far to dependent on them, we need to be weaned as a society of this mind set.

dependent on who the lovejoys or rabid torys?  

we need to stop seeing covid as a left and right wing thing, in fact theres probably a few other things we could apply that to as i doubt many people solidly support a particular view point on every  subject, 

it's not any governments job to "care" it's their job to manage and achieve the most utilitarian outcome from the situation 

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

dependent on who the lovejoys or rabid torys?  

we need to stop seeing covid as a left and right wing thing, in fact theres probably a few other things we could apply that to as i doubt many people solidly support a particular view point on every  subject, 

it's not any governments job to "care" it's their job to manage and achieve the most utilitarian outcome from the situation 

The ones who make the most noise tend to be those with very binary views with their own agendas.

Plenty people who purport themselves to be  left who consider their politics to be the main aspect of their personality are absolutely obsessed with caution around COVID. I'd go as far to say they aren't actually left wing, given that they're happy for ongoing and needless restrictions as long as it's some other poor c**t's livelihood at stake rather than their own.

Going by the data, the vaccines continue to smoke the virus - it doesn't need to go any deeper than that really. If anyone has a problem or issue with that simple fact, then they should ask themselves why, because it hints at some really weird personality defect.

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Where do the media get off on headlines like this? What are they suggesting, restrictions forever despite vaccines? Stories like this are both dangerous and misleading

Screenshot_20210709-113127_Chrome.jpg

Of course they don’t get the same protection. No vaccine against anything will ever give the same protection to everyone. 

For the vast majority of vulnerable people, the vaccine gives them enough protection to stop them becoming seriously ill and requiring hospitalisation. Just like every single flu vaccine they’ve been given in the past. 

1 hour ago, KingswellsRed said:

I thought Nicola said yesterday England were the outlier. 

7C7E4E69-73A4-43EF-B38D-10D50CB05AB4.jpeg

Justifying ongoing restrictions with nothing other than "reckless toarrries" patter was always likely to bite her on the arse.

Didn't expect it to be the next day, though.