Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Two wrong does not make a right. Or in this case, many, many thousands of wrongs.

Very true. Not what I asked though. Why (and it's bot been a big story down here) was this case singled out in the media (and on here) as such a cause celebre?

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Very true. Not what I asked though. Why (and it's bot been a big story down here) was this case singled out in the media (and on here) as such a cause celebre?

Think it was picked up to let us all use someone's death as an opportunity to give each other coloured circles on The Pie And Bovril Football Forum.

Is that what you're after?

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

While there has been chronic underfunding for over a decade, I've always been sceptical that the NHS is 'the envy of the world'. How does it compare to Germany or the Nordic nations, etc? They'll also never get any sympathy from me if those in positions of power are seriously going to continue wanting civil liberties restricted to 'protect' it.

The NHS needs to be reformed but the Tories find it politically impossible to do as all the left leaning parties have made love of the NHS into something almost cult like.

Most other European countries have various types of hybrid systems, part state and part insurance funded through individual contributions. In the main they seem to work well and have better outcomes than us.

I have private health insurance as I would hate to have to rely purely on the NHS.

Just remember, the NHS is NOT free, We just need to decide how and by whom it should be funded.

Big problem which needs sorted.

16 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

😅

Just woke up and remixed Marxism hbu?

Failed miserably but working class, middle class, upper class and aristocracy doesn't really work anymore. If you fit kitchens for a living and earn 10 times as much as someone working in an office collating and editing reports for the board, who decides what class you're in? The newspaper you read? Where you go on holiday?

Edited by welshbairn

Combine

- the Scottish national myth about being a proletarian-only revival Paris Commune, with

- tons of middle-class special pleading 

and you too can arrive at an absolutely laughable understanding of modern-day class! 

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Masks until end of February 2022 and a possible lockdown in Winter. 

f**k off. 

He really is a kunt of a man. There should be absolute clarity that lockdowns wont ever happen again. The first one we were told would last 3 weeks 🙄 plus the big point that ehm there is vaccines now plus boosters/flu jags etc etc 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Combine

- the Scottish national myth about being a proletarian-only revival Paris Commune, with

- tons of middle-class special pleading 

and you too can arrive at an absolutely laughable understanding of modern-day class! 

What class are you, for instance? If you think working/middle/upper is still a valuable gauge...

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

The Tories are determined to destroy the NHS. It is so hard to access there will be a large uptick in private insurance.

I've been told that NHS Glasgow have objected to TRNSMT going ahead because it will overstretch them. Farcical. 

It wont be covid cases from TRSNMT that will overstretch them, more likely to be a load of drunk/drugged up teenagers passing out. I worked the first aid tent there a few years back and we were getting passed out youngsters in as soon as the gates opened. If they're using covid as an excuse for "overstretching" that weekend then theyre at it 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Think it was picked up to let us all use someone's death as an opportunity to give each other coloured circles on The Pie And Bovril Football Forum.
Is that what you're after?
See, I'm asking a serious question here, and yet again it's play the man rather than the ball. If you're not willing to actually engage, your sarcastic reply would appear to hold more than a hint of truth.

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye

Cheers. Was debating with someone who swore it was Sunday nights.

Future pub quiz question though, at least something good has come of this whole sorry situation.

2 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Cheers. Was debating with someone who swore it was Sunday nights.

Future pub quiz question though, at least something good has come of this whole sorry situation.

Thursdays at 8pm. 

I mind the family across the road from me with the ‘we care more than you’ mantra, out with their pots and pans then at 8.05 her sister and 4 kids would come round and all traipse into the house 😂

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Thursdays at 8pm. 

I mind the family across the road from me with the ‘we care more than you’ mantra, out with their pots and pans then at 8.05 her sister and 4 kids would come round and all traipse into the house 😂

Didn’t know this was going on at the time but in the hamlet I live in there’s a music teacher stays a few hundred yards up the road.  Used to see her and her kids traipsing past the house every Thursday evening with their instruments.  Turns out they were doing wee concerts for the NHS every Thursday for the local residents.  Someone was even laying on wine and nibbles while this happened.