Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

29 people on ventilators according to the article. 

Interesting that the existing level of covid there has prompted Australia to send out the army to enforce lockdown. Never did I think that would happen in a western country. 

They are only doing in the poor majority non white suburbs so it's actually exactly what you would expect from Australia.

20 minutes ago, Michael W said:

2) Don't get on it 

This is it exactly, there is no social distancing on public transport but if you don't feel safe don't get on. Obviously Charles' journey is more important than everyone else's

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is it exactly, there is no social distancing on public transport but if you don't feel safe don't get on. Obviously Charles' journey is more important than everyone else's

The story of the pandemic for the condescending middle classes has been one of 'stay home, save lives'... except for those making my takeaways and delivering my Amazon parcels, of course!

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

He's from Dunlop so chances are he used to swan up and down the M77 to work in his car every day, but uses the train when he wants a swally in 'the toon' on Saturdays. 

The fact that 95% of the commuter sadacts who now choose to live in a place like fucking Dunlop* had the same idea is clearly beyond his comprehension. 

* see also Bishopton

When the Subway put its various measures in place, one of the things on the poster reads "don't board a train if you don't feel you can do so safely" or similar. If a train has more than three people on it and one of these panic merchants feels it's not safe, why don't they simply not travel?

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

The fact that 95% of the commuter sadacts who now choose to live in a place like fucking Dunlop* had the same idea is clearly beyond his comprehension. 

It's a sense of moral superiority you just don't get with any other lifestyle

Screenshot_20210814-182926.jpg

If Charles was aware of social distancing having been ditched on trains, as per his reply to the Scotrail bloke, how come he was bemoaning the lack of a conductor limiting numbers in his original Tweet?

Knob.

I have genuine sympathy for those who are a bit scared about normality returning. If they are elderly, vulnerable, have ANY reason for genuinely being worried / concerned. However, if you are an Ordinary Joe, complaining about the trains, or folk standing a bit close to you in a queue, or want one-way arrows back in your local Aldi, then please, just shut the front door of your house, and avoid trains, planes, supermarkets, theatres, pubs, restaurants, concert halls, sports stadiums, cafes, sports centres, swimming pools, insert name of establishment here. Basically, just fcuk off.

56 minutes ago, The Master said:

Pleased to report the vast majority of people around me at Dens ditched their masks as soon as they sat down. 

Good to hear. 

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

Social distancing has been finally - finally - binned after 17 fucking months and yet fucking psychos like 'Charles' still can't handle a situation that was routine to 95%+ of his lived experience on this planet.

It's best for them to just go into shielding and disconnect their Internet connection while they're at it. I'm already sick and tired of these losers trying to impose their nonsense on the rest of society on a daily basis.

These losers will be laughed at for many years to come. 

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Was at the Airdrie game today and all the stewards were totally mask free.

Even told me not to bother showing my digital exemption to them.

Wonderful to see.

Well done, Airdrie.

What, you offered to show a steward who wasn't wearing a mask your fake exemption certificate? Why would you do that?

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What, you offered to show a steward who wasn't wearing a mask your fake exemption certificate? Why would you do that?

Maybe, if you approach a maskless steward, you assume they are exempt from wearing one, and offer up your own reason for not wearing one, even though we all should - because it makes us better and more sensible than those idiotic Danes.

I have to say everyone one I have met who is called Charles has been a knob.

Charlie's are fine but Charles naw.

People like him need to f**k off.

Australia has got itself in a bit of a pickle, that's what happens when you f**k up vaccinations.

I worked in Australia for a while, the healthcare wasn't great tbh. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Charles is raging. 

This gets on my tits in Scotland. 

Why is every overcrowded rail carriage, every ferry that is postponed by bad weather, every doctor's appointment that is postponed, every pothole in the road, every lazy arsed schoolkid that fails exams etc etc etc....the absolute, PERSONAL responsibility of Nicola Sturgeon ???

Life is imperfect. Always has been, always will be. But we, in Scotland, live in such a tiny-minded society, it seems that a certain amount of people feel that they have the right to blame every single unfortunate moment in their lives on the First Minister. 

Boris Johnson is a khunt, but is he personally and absolutely responsible for an ambulance that turn up 5 minutes late in Devon, or trains that are crowded in Lancashire, or money wasted on a local building project in Norwich ???

Of course he isn't, so why don't these blinkered fuckers in Scotland start looking upon OUR government in the same way ?

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Firstly, it’s not fake and, secondly, there are certain places I just don’t want hassle, football being one.

TBH, I hadn’t fully appreciated they were mask free.

Anyway, have a nice evening.