Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

The briefings are usually Tuesday and Friday and have started back after recess, but yeah this one being in front of parliament gives me the fear.

Maybe she’s going to start vaccinating kids immediately rather than waiting for the Official advice?

There have been a few hints towards that.

4 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

The briefings are usually Tuesday and Friday and have started back after recess, but yeah this one being in front of parliament gives me the fear.

If she rolls back any restrictions after such a short period of time, she will essentially be admitting she’s fucked up.

There has been no new variant or extreme change to consider, so it cannot be interpreted any other way than she got it wrong.

Simply not going to happen, nor should it.

5 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Assuming no lockdown (as we have no furlough), what measures could they put in? Cannot see them doing much now. If they do introduce anything it'll be a token thing.  

I just checked the SG business schedule for the week and the statement tomorrow was scheduled (should have checked before my earlier post !), so hopefully just a new routine now Parliament are sitting in person again.

13 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

From memory when not in recess the Tuesday ones regularly seemed to be in parliament. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I just checked the SG business schedule for the week and the statement tomorrow was scheduled (should have checked before my earlier post !), so hopefully just a new routine now Parliament are sitting in person again.

Yep, due to coincide with FMQ's tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Still distancing in the chamber I see. jose.png

Utter gimps.

I did notice sky had binned the social distancing for pundits and Eilidh Barbour at the old firm game. Think that’s the first I’ve noticed it on tv. 

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

When are these people going to realise the workplace has changed?  It was a shift that was happening anyway that’s been accelerated.  They need to stop crying about it.

People don’t need to be pointlessly dragging themselves into an office any more.  If your company has office space for you and you want to do the daily commute then go for it but for a lot of people that won’t be the norm going forward.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

When are these people going to realise the workplace has changed?  It was a shift that was happening anyway that’s been accelerated.  They need to stop crying about it.

People don’t need to be pointlessly dragging themselves into an office any more.  If your company has office space for you and you want to do the daily commute then go for it but for a lot of people that won’t be the norm going forward.

I can only assume you didn’t read the tweets, as it makes perfect sense in the situations she presented.

Not everyone is a mid career boomer, settled with a secure income and household with existing established facilities for home working.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I can only assume you didn’t read the tweets, as it makes perfect sense in the situations she presented.

Not everyone is a mid career boomer, settled with a secure income and household with existing established facilities for home working.

Didn’t say they were.  A lot are though.  This debate keeps being framed as all or nothing and it shouldn’t be.  Some people wanting to go back to an office shouldn’t mean all going back and the reverse is also true.