Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Proposition Joe said:

A shortage of pigs in blankets at Christmas would be a catastrophic blow to British national pride.

Would be a catastrophic blow to my dinner.  Mrs. B is confident she can wrap them herself though so we’re probably good.

Wait until October when all the fuckwits start panic buying sausages and bacon to stick in the freezer just in case.

Canada, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and the Azores have all been added to the green list.

Thailand and Montenegro are being downgraded from amber to the red list - Jamaica and St Lucia stay amber despite rumours of being moved to red.

No additions to amber list - Turkey remains on the red list.

Canada, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and the Azores have all been added to the green list.

Thailand and Montenegro are being downgraded from amber to the red list - Jamaica and St Lucia stay amber despite rumours of being moved to red.

No additions to amber list - Turkey remains on the red list.

Has schnapps not put Scotland and Northern Ireland on the red list ?

Turkey is an absolute joke.

Cases in Switzerland increased over 200% since last review. Yet it goes green.

1 minute ago, Proposition Joe said:

Gutted a YesDa hasn't been along to insist that they be called kilted pigs or kilted sodjers.

If they came with haggis between the sausage and bacon then I'd let said YesDa off the hook tbh

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

Shortages now hitting London based Greggs with their chicken bakes and Costa with their coffee.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/uk-world-news/greggs-costa-london-report-running-21405726

There is also a concern over the possibility of no pigs-in-blankets with Christmas dinners.

Brexit thread for this pish

Humza Yousaf stating talks of a circuit breaker are unfounded. Good. 
Obviously state run media isnt great and in theory, journalism should obviously be free.... But.... What we get these days is a million miles from journalism and I am sick as f**k of something that is inpacting our lives in such an u precedented way being covered in the brutal, clickbaity shite way this has been. Genuinely wish the governments would take the media to task over it. I know its fanciful, I know its wishful thinking.

I also know certain folk will go "Just wait until you hear from Nicola!!!" But hey, I can admit my resolve has been weakened over the last 18 months and I will openly admit I inclined to kick off over this shitey media stuff. Honestly in the circumstances I dont think its too much to ask for the papers to be asked not to use such wild speculation.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

''Logistics UK sees shortages as “placing increasingly unsustainable pressure on retailers and their supply chains.”

The statement continues: “While there was a shortage of HGV drivers prior to the Covid-19 pandemic and Brexit, these two events have exacerbated the situation.

“The pandemic halted driving training and testing for over 12 months, while an estimated 25,000 EU drivers returned home during the pandemic and following the end of the transition period.”

The pigs in blankets conversation was a welcome change of direction in here, I don't see why should have been in the Brexit thread instead.

The tests will be caught up by Burns night and will be a welcome return to normality but there is still an ongoing price war for agency drivers. Due to the lack of migration not staff absences, otherwise you would expect to see things get better and worse with fluctuations in Covid cases.

Pig in Blankets is purely a shortage of staff, perhaps compounded by staff absence but most places at down to a skeleton work force pigs in blankets is labour intensive so will be chucked, to keep things moving.

I am really confused about the whole self-isolating situation.

I posted yesterday about our mates whose wee one was sent home. Later on the same thing happened to us (our kids go to the same nursery).

I took the day off today to watch her as we needed to get her tested. But I spoke to my work's covid person who said the procedure in such a case was that the wee one gets tested and everyone else in the house carries on as normal. Then if a positive test comes back for the wee one then we all need to get tested and anyone who tests positive has to self-isolate but anyone who tests negative can carry on providing it's been more than two weeks since they're double-jabbed. Does that sound like I understand it correctly?

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

I am really confused about the whole self-isolating situation.

I posted yesterday about our mates whose wee one was sent home. Later on the same thing happened to us (our kids go to the same nursery).

I took the day off today to watch her as we needed to get her tested. But I spoke to my work's covid person who said the procedure in such a case was that the wee one gets tested and everyone else in the house carries on as normal. Then if a positive test comes back for the wee one then we all need to get tested and anyone who tests positive has to self-isolate but anyone who tests negative can carry on providing it's been more than two weeks since they're double-jabbed. Does that sound like I understand it correctly?

My understanding is you isolate until her test comes back. If positive you get tested and continue isolating unless you test negative and are double jagged.