Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The test before return represents the biggest risk: you're fucked if you or anyone in your party tests positive. It makes city breaks impractical and kills the mood of any holiday by having to concern yourself with it.
The PCR test on day two is burdensome due to cost, particularly for families, and is another substantial barrier.
Replacing the latter with a lateral flow is simple lip service to the health freaks and Lovejoy's that 'AR BORDERS ARE STILL PROTECTED', but I doubt anyone will bother their arse if it's actually carried out or not.
I won't be at all surprised if next summer there's no travel restrictions anyway, even for the non-vaccinated. Certainly in Europe at least. When the WHO eventually declare the pandemic over, they'll probably start to fall away worldwide when governments realise it's actually pointless and just causes economic harm.
Correct about the return to UK test - it is definitely the biggest reason why people are not booking.

I'm delighted if it is true because it means I can completely relax on my holiday in Kos in October without worrying about a positive test abroad.

Off the top of my head parts of Spain (Canaries still in alert levels 3 and 4) and Portugal still have a fair bit of restrictions including curfews and earlier than normal closing. Still restrictions on entertainment too.
In the regional units of Kavala, Imathia, Pieria and Pella, all in northern Greece, authorities have imposed a curfew from 1 to 6 a.m., and a 24-hour ban on music at all entertainment venues, including bars and cafes.

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1167938/four-regions-heading-for-mini-lockdown-as-covid-surges/

43 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Ps these vax passports are all fine and well for a youngster like me. Absolutely fucked if you’re a typical 70 year old + man who wants to go to a Scotland game with his mates tho. 

One of his mates will be able to sort it out for him, just like his bus pass, ticket for the game and just about everything else you're expected to do online these days. Otherwise he can do it by phone.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Off the top of my head parts of Spain (Canaries still in alert levels 3 and 4) and Portugal still have a fair bit of restrictions including curfews and earlier than normal closing. Still restrictions on entertainment too.

Was in Lanzarote a few weeks ago and little or no restrictions.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Vaccine passports doing bits before they're even introduced!

Despite the recent old firm game, Scotland game and TRNSMT, 0-14 year olds now make up more cases over the last 7 days than any other age group. This despite the magical masks (and distancing?) being mandated.

Now for anyone who has been paying attention over the last 18 months this isn't anything to really be concerned by, but it's genuinely hair pulling frustration level annoying to see how many people still seem to think nightclubs, festivals and football grounds are an issue (and therefore we must bring passports in), but making kids wear masks in school is a disgrace.

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  360.0 to 347.9 down 3.36%, England  308.3 to 297.2 down 3.41%, Wales 508.5 to 502.2 down 1.24%, Northern Ireland   578.1 to 567.7 down 1.80%

158 deaths today.  Scotland 26, Wales 4, Northern Ireland 5, England 123

3 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

He must be well scottish, considering how much he rolls his r's.

That video is cringy as f**k to watch, what a pelmet.

Aye. An absolute disgrace right enough that people are choosing not to do something that, legally, they don't have to.

Plenty of people at work in offices etc all over the UK will not wear masks day to day at work either, simply because they don't want to and don't have to. Someone not doing something they don't have to, particularly when that is considered the norm, should not be an issue.

If they were not mandatory up here he wouldn't give a hoot either. Politicising the wearing of face masks to get cheap brownie points from supporters is boring.

"Tory mush" is embarassingly twee patter as well.

For as much as the views of the Conservatives do not, in the main, represent the views of Scottish people, this type of petty pish surely doesn't represent us either.

Aye. An absolute disgrace right enough that people are choosing not to do something that, legally, they don't have to.
Plenty of people at work in offices etc all over the UK will not wear masks day to day at work either, simply because they don't want to and don't have to. Someone not doing something they don't have to, particularly when that is considered the norm, should not be an issue.
If they were not mandatory up here he wouldn't give a hoot either. Politicising the wearing of face masks to get cheap brownie points from supporters is boring.
"Tory mush" is embarassingly twee patter as well.
For as much as the views of the Conservatives do not, in the main, represent the views of Scottish people, this type of petty pish surely doesn't represent us either.
I mentioned on another thread I happened upon a wee bit of PMQs the other day. I consider myself to be reasonably engaged in the politics of the day, and what struck me was that its fucking ludicrous to think that embrassing theatre of braying morons with their crushingly cringeworthy patter represents anyone from the general.voting public.

Honestly, this pandemic has shown more clearly than ever how detached these c***s are from the reality of the many, but letting them carry on running the country in that way is a thermonuclear level minter for all of us. Its like watching an Etonian stag do. All thats really missing is pints of piss and booting a dwarf around in a suitcase to top off their carry on.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Jeezo let it go.

You made a mistake about the telephone system working.

No Problemo showed me how to rig the system to bullshit my way into getting one earlier than I need it and I'll do that at some point this week.

Let's move on shall we?

Happy to, you keep raising it again in replies to me.