Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

One of your gormless idols, John Swinney, also claimed they're not fuelling vaccine uptake either. No real surprise when a staggering 92%+ of over 16s had already been fully vaccinated in Scotland anyway. So... what is the point other than to ruin businesses?

A fascinating if typically dishonest way to concede the point on transmission but that is at least consistent with your deliberate misinterpretation of the Deputy First Ministers statement: " it is “impossible to segment” data on coronavirus to determine whether it is working, but he believes it is “delivering a positive benefit to the suppression of the virus.” 

Now whether you believe that to be true or not it certainly isn't true that he "claimed they're not fuelling vaccine uptake"

But please accept this disembodied head of Phil Mickleson with bonus thumbs up as a very special reward for your very impressive trying.

Screenshot_2021-11-06_10.46.15-removebg-preview (1).png

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"Just deal with it and accept it" isn't an argument for or against anything far less vaccine passports which have never been claimed to reduce transmission. But thank you for bravely fighting for some playschool notion of freedom. You hero. 

Do you think you're actually making a point when you make posts like this? You aren't.

Why do the sportswriters believe that they have the right to know his vaccination status? From what I've read he has been following the (ridiculous) protocols to the letter.
I agree that it's not a right/left issue it's about the manufacturing of a growing desire for authoritarianism. The vaccine has no benefits for someone like Rodgers and his taking won't protect anyone else yet people are getting genuinely angry, it's absolute madness. 
Djokovic has refused to answer questions on his vaccination status and yet there is constant media coverage. 
Owen Farrell is vaccinated and is missing England Vs Tonga today. Vaccination status is irrelevant to Covid infection. 
The thing with Rodgers is that no matter your own opinion of whether the protocols that NFL players have to follow are ridiculous or not, his union signed up to them on his behalf. There are two distinct sets of protocols for players to follow depending on whether they were vaccinated or not, and Rodgers has been largely following the set for vaccinated players, when it turns out that he hasn't been, despite stating "I'm fully innoculated" when asked if he had been vaccinated.

He's being called out for being a liar, nothing more.

31 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The thing with Rodgers is that no matter your own opinion of whether the protocols that NFL players have to follow are ridiculous or not, his union signed up to them on his behalf. There are two distinct sets of protocols for players to follow depending on whether they were vaccinated or not, and Rodgers has been largely following the set for vaccinated players, when it turns out that he hasn't been, despite stating "I'm fully innoculated" when asked if he had been vaccinated.

He's being called out for being a liar, nothing more.

He was misleading when asked but he had no duty to made his medical records public. 

I don't know exactly what protocols he has been following but I read this morning he is tested daily which is only for unvaxxed players. 

30 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm currently at an indoor music festival in England and it's safe to say the percentage of people wearing masks is not 84%, its not even close to 8.4%.

*waits on the simps to tell you you are wrong*

2 hours ago, Meldrew said:

i'm well aware of things in england's green and pleasant land, they have 10 times the population of ourselves, so 10 times more twats.

Seek help, bud.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A fascinating if typically dishonest way to concede the point on transmission but that is at least consistent with your deliberate misinterpretation of the Deputy First Ministers statement: " it is “impossible to segment” data on coronavirus to determine whether it is working, but he believes it is “delivering a positive benefit to the suppression of the virus.”

Now whether you believe that to be true or not it certainly isn't true that he "claimed they're not fuelling vaccine uptake"

But please accept this disembodied head of Phil Mickleson with bonus thumbs up as a very special reward for your very impressive trying.

Ah, yes. Unable to scientifically prove they make a blind bit of difference - but that's okay because *John Swinney thinks* they do. Truly stellar stuff.

33 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm currently at an indoor music festival in England and it's safe to say the percentage of people wearing masks is not 84%, its not even close to 8.4%.

But YouGov says...

I think what Scotland and Wales need to do is err... expand the use of vaccine passports so we're more like Ireland! Forget the data, John Swinney thinks that they work after all - and that's what's important!

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Seek help, bud.

Ah, yes. Unable to scientifically prove they make a blind bit of difference - but that's okay because *John Swinney thinks* they do. Truly stellar stuff.

But YouGov says...

As opposed to using the miracle of language and google to show what you had said was incorrect or dishonest or just yet more made up shite. You choose which, while continuing to falsely claim that passports are designed to reduce transmission.

58 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

As opposed to using the miracle of language and google to show what you had said was incorrect or dishonest or just yet more made up shite. You choose which, while continuing to falsely claim that passports are designed to reduce transmission.

Just you keep bashing on with the straw man while the sensible people laugh at you.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

He was misleading when asked but he had no duty to made his medical records public. 

I don't know exactly what protocols he has been following but I read this morning he is tested daily which is only for unvaxxed players. 

It's safe to say that, regardless of Vax status, Aaron Rogers is an arsehole.  He is now shown to be a lying arsehole that has been acting like he has been vaxed (eg. taking part in pressers without a mask).  He now wants this to be a conversation not a confrontation.  Of course he does.

Same was true of the last gig I was at here. What people say and what they do is totally different.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Same was true of the last gig I was at here. What people say and what they do is totally different.

Absolutely. I was at a gig at Fat Sam’s in Dundee a couple of weeks ago, and not one mask (including myself). 

I’m really not sure why there seems to be a suggestion that England is massively different to here. Frankly, the differences now are fairly subtle. 

48 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Absolutely. I was at a gig at Fat Sam’s in Dundee a couple of weeks ago, and not one mask (including myself). 

I’m really not sure why there seems to be a suggestion that England is massively different to here. Frankly, the differences now are fairly subtle. 

lol @ this

11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Lulu's telling the SG to shove their vaccine passports. 

Only by having to rip up their traditional business model, though.