Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Nightclubs to close in Wales after Boxing Day. Shitshow. Wonder how they’ll fund that and no doubt Nicola will follow. 

What is the fucking point in that? If you want to try and slow the infection rate, the time to do it is now - not in two weeks when it will have likely already peaked.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just so you don't start up your Liverpool-esque sense of injustice, this self-pitying drivel is precisely why you're getting a red dot. 

Self pity?? f**k right off 😂😂. A quoted reply to a decent poster regarding a matter already discussed is hardly that. You are clearly a snivelling simpleton who has zero understanding of mental health issues. I, like many other others never saw my parents at Xmas last year, and i would like to see them this year. I'd like to think your parents had blinds on your pram and kept you hidden at every fucking opportunity. 

21 minutes ago, philpy said:

Decision made not to go, after a good think about things.  A couple of the family members we are seeing on Sunday are vulnerable, and have underlying health issues. I'm not putting them at risk for the sake of over priced drinks with people I put up with every day at work. Not fussed about losing £40, the company gave us £50 last week and £70 this week through incentive schemes, so I've used that to buy asda vouchers, so got some drink in. No doubt the usual idiots will think I'm daft, but it's my choice.

Exactly, it’s your choice.

Thats what most of us are asking for but being constantly denied by stupid rules.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

I, like many other others never saw my parents at Xmas last year, and i would like to see them this year.

Anyone who lets a fucking politician dictate to them whether or not they can see their family at Christmas for a second time needs to give their head a wobble tbh.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Self pity?? f**k right off 😂😂. A quoted reply to a decent poster regarding a matter already discussed is hardly that. You are clearly a snivelling simpleton who has zero understanding of mental health issues. I, like many other others never saw my parents at Xmas last year, and i would like to see them this year. I'd like to think your parents had blinds on your pram and kept you hidden at every fucking opportunity. 

Nobody actually cares whether you go on a night out or not. You decided to have a pre-emptive tantrum about it anyway, for no reason whatsoever. 

That is why you are a dreadful poster and received a red dot. 

23 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Nightclubs to close in Wales after Boxing Day. Shitshow. Wonder how they’ll fund that and no doubt Nicola will follow. 

Expecting a announcement from NS tomorrow to shut down all Hospitality now. 

RE: Nightclubs in Wales. Hopefully the end of vaccine passports as a viable proposition.

"Get boosted to beat Omicron!" But vaccine passports aren't being used to keep things open as normal.

If you can't trust using them now, in the middle of a booster drive, to avoid shovelling public funds onto a bonfire then you are telling everyone you know they don't work.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

They were quick enough to bring up South Africa when cases were steaming ahead down there but the second it all petered out with few deaths they started saying how you couldn't compare them.

Shameless.

Least we won't have long to wait on them peaking here. Then the "wait two weeks" shite can start when the NHS pressure fails to materialise.

Get the vaccine and the booster because it is medically proven to kick the shite out of this virus to the point it'll be little more than a cold so long as you are not 

1. Old as f**k with existing health conditions. 

2. Fat as f**k with health problems. 

But hang on a minute folks  we'll just shut down sector's of business as and when we feel like it because the Helen Lovejoys "just don't know". 

But we'll only shut down hospitality which is predominantly used by young, healthy and vaccinated people. 

Next it will be the football is too dangerous, because standing outside watching Cowdenbeath against Stenhousemuir will bring about the end of times. 

28 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Get the vaccine and the booster because it is medically proven to kick the shite out of this virus to the point it'll be little more than a cold so long as you are not 

2. Fat as f**k with health problems. 

I am by no means a small man (no underlying health issues though) but I am double vaccinated and have been positive since the start of the week and can confirm it was pretty much a head cold, sore throat and a bit of a tight chest for about 48 hours.

Sitting completely fine now apart from no sense of smell which in Paisley may not always be a bad thing.

It's a doddle with two jags. A fucking doddle. This sort of shit needs to be expressed in the strongest possible terms. If you get two jags, you're going to sail through it. My next door neighbour is on the live donation list for a kidney and caught it in the summer - again, double jagged. Was feeling really shite for 5 days and that was it. Someone so immunocompromised that they need a whole new fucking organ caught it and it was no more than a severe chest infection, thanks to having both jags. And that was the more severe variant!