Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

Get the vaccine and the booster because it is medically proven to kick the shite out of this virus to the point it'll be little more than a cold so long as you are not 

does it really ? Pfizer & Moderna beat the shite out of it, but the majority of the country had double jabs of AZ, which now seems to be in the bin and only slightly better than a vial of cat piss, 

2 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

does it really ? Pfizer & Moderna beat the shite out of it, but the majority of the country had double jabs of AZ, which now seems to be in the bin and only slightly better than a vial of cat piss, 

Anti vax nonsense this. Whilst AZ has never been great at preventing spread, it does an excellent job of reducing severe illness and death 

1 minute ago, davidkennedyshand said:

I see South Ayrshire have started the bed wetting by closing their libraries at 4 o clock today "due to government advice to limit the number of households meeting indoors"

Folk from South Ayrshire realising that they have libraries.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:
Sturgeon doing a briefing at 12.15. 

Jesus suffering f**k. There'll be an omnibus on Sunday at this rate.

Box set DVDs of her greatest Covid speeches would be a great seller

43 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Someone phoned up LBC claiming to be the man’s nephew, saying he was an anti-vaxxer in his late 70s.

Whether that’s the case or not I have no idea, but would certainly explain why the government haven’t been rushing to share more information.

I’ve read this as well on another forum but there is no confirmation if this is correct, I highly suspect that it is as so far no other deaths have been reported from Omicron as yet. You would think that there would be others by now allowing for infected numbers and time lag.

7 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

I see South Ayrshire have started the bed wetting by closing their libraries at 4 o clock today "due to government advice to limit the number of households meeting indoors"

As in they are changing opening hours or closing for the foreseeable?

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If these are the new roolz then it's all consider this and consider that. I thought she said it was going to be law for hospitality and guidance for everyone else. 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tourism-and-hospitality-sector-guidance/pages/overview/

Furlough funding rejected, then

image.png.341e5714a99aff4888678a1e2ae1c63c.png

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

As in they are changing opening hours or closing for the foreseeable?

Closing for the foreseeable.

Offering a click and collect service only. Basically you name some authors you like and they'll select books they think you like and hand you a bag at the back door. Which is what they did before. 

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Because they can't be seen to be closing schools by default, I suspect they know fine well that absence rates will be high next week but have opted not to close them.

In the media this week we've seen the consequences of kids hidden away from schools and agencies due to lockdown.

I'm neither saying it's right or wrong, just providing a possible reasoning.

I work in hospitality and think the advice is clear as mud. I only got my Christmas week rota on Monday and new year one isn't sorted yet as we don't know if event going ahead.

Of course they can. Them choosing which sectors to dissuade people from using is entirely political.

1 minute ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Closing for the foreseeable.

Offering a click and collect service only. Basically you name some authors you like and they'll select books they think you like and hand you a bag at the back door. Which is what they did before. 

That’ll help the struggling new mothers and folk that need a bit of time around folk in a calm quiet environment. Way to go SA Council. 

Screenshot_20211217-111746_Chrome.thumb.jpg.101c782e1d1bce6d81c16a195c7c93a6.jpg

So, it's basically been reduced to a common cold and we're ending society for it?

And before the halfwits go 'cold like signs doesn't specify on severity', well yes, by design yes it fucking does.

There is a reason the cold doesn't kill anyone, because it does not fill your lungs with mucus and essentially drown you like early covid strains were doing to the vulnerable. If the symptoms of omicron are akin to the cold then it's not getting deep into your lungs, it is not providing cause for ventilation and it is not going to kill you or make you seriously ill. If it was doing this, we wouldn't be reporting cold-like symptoms.

15 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Isn't this just because they've realised no-one from South Ayrshire can read?

3 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

The tragedy is that some SNP weirdos would actually buy this.

The extras on the DVD would be worth it though. A behind the scenes look, titled ‘We will be governed by data, not dates, unless the dates are the election, the Euros at Hampden, and the Cop 26 Conference’. Maybe a fly-on-the-wall feature with the world’s longest title… ‘you cnuts stay in your houses, wash your fcuking hands…. Unless you want to wreck George Square celebrating your young club’s first title win, or equally, demand your club sack the board, sack the manager, and sack the tea lady. Then, knock yourselves out lads’.

7 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

I’ve read this as well on another forum but there is no confirmation if this is correct, I highly suspect that it is as so far no other deaths have been reported from Omicron as yet. You would think that there would be others by now allowing for infected numbers and time lag.

If the published case numbers are anything like true then yes, we should be seeing more fatalities from Omicron unless it is a milder variant.

16 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Libraries are a well known meeting place for pals to meet up of course.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Screenshot_20211217-111746_Chrome.thumb.jpg.101c782e1d1bce6d81c16a195c7c93a6.jpg

So, it's basically been reduced to a common cold and we're ending society for it?

And before the halfwits go 'cold like signs doesn't specify on severity', well yes, by design yes it fucking does.

There is a reason the cold doesn't kill anyone, because it does not fill your lungs with mucus and essentially drown you like early covid strains were doing to the vulnerable. If the symptoms of omicron are akin to the cold then it's not getting deep into your lungs, it is not providing cause for ventilation and it is not going to kill you or make you seriously ill. If it was doing this, we wouldn't be reporting cold-like symptoms.

BUT WE JUST DON'T KNOW*

Spoiler

Well, we do know. But we're choosing to ignore the data from South Africa, and even our own initial data.

I'm almost looking at this like I look at a game Sons should be winning. It's like when the team you support go 3-0 up and you're sitting telling your pals "this isn't over yet, next goal is crucial". Then the opposition go down to 10 men and you're like "always hard playing against a team with 10 men. That might fire them up."

Eventually the final whistle goes and you're like "well that was more comfortable than I expected."

^^^Harnessed my inner JVT for that shite football related analogy.

Edited by Jan Vojáček