Coronavirus (COVID-19)

LFTs sound unreliable to the extent of being totally pointless. False positives and negatives all over the shop. 

Haven't done one so far although have had a couple of PCR tests. Dunno why you'd bother doing anything else. 

I really hope it plays out the way the SA data is suggesting, and from the onet i've thought it will. That being the case though, Nicola Sturgeons credibility in terms of covid response will be in tatters, by far the biggest issue Scotland will then face is coping with insane levels of self isolation brought about by her knee jerk decision.  The worst of it all though is the businesses that she so thouroughly torched in the last week wont get a hint of an apology. All we will get is more "cant be too careful" and "just goes to show...." drivel. 

This isn't Spring 2020 with no medicines or vaccines and little known about the disease. Quite why Scotgov continue to tihnk they should get a free pass to f**k this up I do not know.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I had a chest infection last week, had all the Covid symptoms and I’ve never been more surprised at getting a negative LFT. I thought for sure I’d caught it.

It was definitely the worst I’ve had in a long time and I do put it down to lack of having one last year.

My other half is the same. Negative lat flow and PCR but she's totally gubbed with it. 

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

LFTs sound unreliable to the extent of being totally pointless. False positives and negatives all over the shop. 

Haven't done one so far although have had a couple of PCR tests. Dunno why you'd bother doing anything else. 

I mean, the CDC stated long ago that they belong 'in the trash'.

Just now, mizfit said:

4436 new cases? I did hear that right didn’t I?

I thought she said 4336. But aye, about that. 10.1 percent.

Apparently a data issue because of the number of tests being processed.

Hospital numbers down by 10 and seven deaths.

All the numbers looking absolutely fine. That seems like a low death total too, but I can't say I pay much attention to the daily figures.

I was still getting negative lateral flows after I'd been for the PCR that came back positive. Same with my son. Waste of time.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I really hope it plays out the way the SA data is suggesting, and from the onet i've thought it will. That being the case though, Nicola Sturgeons credibility in terms of covid response will be in tatters, by far the biggest issue Scotland will then face is coping with insane levels of self isolation brought about by her knee jerk decision.  The worst of it all though is the businesses that she so thouroughly torched in the last week wont get a hint of an apology. All we will get is more "cant be too careful" and "just goes to show...." drivel. 

This isn't Spring 2020 with no medicines or vaccines and little known about the disease. Quite why Scotgov continue to tihnk they should get a free pass to f**k this up I do not know.

Will it? When the opposition parties were calling for the same, when the public health bodies were arguably even more pessimistic, when the UK Government and UK opposition tone was the same?

Not to mention they will point to increased booster rates as a positive intervention that kept hospitalisations low.

Not condoning or condemning here, but it's difficult to see much lasting damage to a government for being overly cautious in the face of this disease, particularly when there is no opposition to their plans, and the past context of government interventions in March 2020 that were too late.

I thought she said 4336. But aye, about that. 10.1 percent.
Apparently a data issue because of the number of tests being processed.
Hospital numbers down by 10 and seven deaths.
All the numbers looking absolutely fine. That seems like a low death total too, but I can't say I pay much attention to the daily figures.

It’s definitely good news, but let’s wait and see what happens over Christmas, right now I’d say Wales have jumped the gun though.