Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I find this belief curious.
There have been far more cases, hospitalisations and deaths since the vaccine rollout started than before.
And that’s before we even get to vaccine injuries and deaths
In what way can anyone believe that vaccines bailed us out 
Vaccines and lockdowns are the greatest self inflicted health disasters in history 

Oh my!

Anyone for a dose of smallpox?

I've managed to survive my first (that I know of) bout of covid. 

Woke up on Friday and was ice cold with hot sweats, pretty much sat on the sofa all day and didn't eat anything. Saturday I was completely bed bound, no breathing issues or coughing just freezing cold and I had developed a headache. Woke up today feeling a lot better, no headache and temperature back to normal, I'm sneezing a little bit but pretty much back on track. 

I'm not anti vax but I never got round to getting vaccinated for a few reasons so I wonder how much impact that actually had, my mother also had it and was pretty much the same symptoms but was ill for a day more than me and she's triple jabbed. Presumably the age difference would make a huge factor anyway. 

On a positive note, prior to this lockdown had pretty much turned me into an alcoholic but thanks to not being able to eat or drink anything other than water for 2 days I've managed to buck the trend and haven't drank alcohol daily for the first time in a year and a half for 2 days and have pretty much no desire to start again. 

32 minutes ago, strichener said:

But how could this be???  Pretty sure I read that it was a fixed price.  £600k was the number claimed at the time.

Makes those defending the costs as insignificant look pretty silly.

A reminder that we could have simply used the UK Gov's app for no additional cost.

A reminder also that the one time they could have legitimately used the app to provide any tangible benefit, they decided to re-allocate around £230m from 2022's health budget to impose restrictions instead.

A final reminder that, despite retiring the passport from law, they will continue to use public funds to keep it functional in case any private business wants to use it.

A complete failure.

Both kids got covid, one of them for the second time. Both me and wife are negative.... Again.

That Pfizer gene therapy, great bunch of lads.

My oldest has it for the second time in 6 weeks. Mrs B got it after him, then me. Hoping it doesn’t follow the same pattern again.

46 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

My oldest has it for the second time in 6 weeks. Mrs B got it after him, then me. Hoping it doesn’t follow the same pattern again.

All I know is three cases now in my house and I still haven't caught it....293625533_jxXCv9t4Eb4KFEpRlav_J0iBIak.gif.ff40aaf44dcbde870efc18361acd0094.gif

Tested positive for the ‘rona today. So far it’s just one stuffy blocked nostril, one runny nostril and the occasional tickle in the throat leading to a cough. 

I will choose to presume that the Covid spreading scum/vermin next door have been coughing and sneezing their way around the local shop.

Hong Kong (30% of over 70’s vaccinated) is pretty much experiencing the highest death toll per head of anywhere in the world since the start of the pandemic.

Vaccines >> zero covid.

China has only 50% of over 70’s vaccinated so also possible that they will have a deadly wave. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-chinese-city-of-shenzhen-goes-into-lockdown-after-surge-in-hong-kong-coronavirus-cases-12565314

That's a city with one of the world's largest ports locked down. Just what you need when the price of everything is going fucking mental. 

How exactly does China get out of this? Bearing in mind that this is a response to the cases in Hong Kong and not Shenzhen itself. Absolute madness. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Hong Kong (30% of over 70’s vaccinated) is pretty much experiencing the highest death toll per head of anywhere in the world since the start of the pandemic.

Vaccines >> zero covid.

China has only 50% of over 70’s vaccinated so also possible that they will have a deadly wave. 

Has anyone ever worked out why elderly people in Hong Kong are so reluctant to get vaccinated?

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Has anyone ever worked out why elderly people in Hong Kong are so reluctant to get vaccinated?

Much of it is to do with lack of trust/faith in the Government there.  Common sense would tell them to look beyond Hong Kong and see what the rest of the world is doing but much of what goes on in Hong Kong is viewed through the prism of China - which they distrust greatly.

Edited by hk blues

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It’s because the Chinese government has been pretty forceful in saying that elimination is the only way out of this and vaccines have very much been a side dish to the main strategy of strict lockdowns, masks and social distancing.