Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 hours ago, coprolite said:

Why pay tax on revenue? That's just nuts. It would put all low margin businesses at disadvantage. 

I wanted to avoid using tax on profit as there are too many ways to muddy those waters.  Top line revenue is too simplistic,  I agree.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is fine in theory but I have had a mate and a family member send Janey Godley videos via WhatsApp in recent days. Yer never safe. 

This is the problem with Facebook as you usually add people you know and have met as friends which determines what comes on your time hop and you can’t always say what you want as you know people can see it and it can come back to you IRL.

its handy for keeping in touch with people you haven’t seen in a while and for community groups though, I have been on 2 groups for the developments I have lived in and it would be no surprise to see individuals naming and shaming households where people weren’t at their front door clapping despite lights clearly being on inside the house. Some people are truly awful. 

This is the problem with Facebook as you usually add people you know and have met as friends which determines what comes on your time hop and you can’t always say what you want as you know people can see it and it can come back to you IRL.
its handy for keeping in touch with people you haven’t seen in a while and for community groups though, I have been on 2 groups for the developments I have lived in and it would be no surprise to see individuals naming and shaming households where people weren’t at their front door clapping despite lights clearly being on inside the house. Some people are truly awful. 
I am currently supporting the NHS by sending Mrs B out to do extra shifts for the cause, and making her the odd salad here and there. I dont see why I should have to do more than that.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Wallopers panic-bought perishable food and making banana loaf is pretty much the only thing worth doing with past-it bananas.

Going by the initial shortages that first week or so, there'll also be a lot of people eating nothing but spag bol for the foreseeable.

Saw something yesterday when I nipped down for some things at the local freezer shop which I hadn't really considered before, and must be a problem for some places. There was an old boy in front of me  - maybe late seventies - who got into a conversation at the till as his stuff was getting rung up, and then stood there attempting to carry it on by himself for at least a minute after he was ostensibly good to go, with the lassie behind the till assiduously not making eye contact and giving nothing back before he eventually wandered off.

When I moved forward, she told me that kind of awkward moment was happening to her twenty times a day just now...the staff have been told not to get into long conversations at the till to minimise contact, but the old yins who sadly maybe don't speak to anybody else all day just haven't got the memo that things have changed and will still try to stand and shoot the shit not understanding they're putting themselves - and indeed her - at risk.

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

Nah i did watch it though. 

Stopped crying that Boris isn’t dead? 

#torycunts

😂

The actual state of you.

Ironically you were probably hoping harder than anyone else on P&B that BoJo would croak, just so you could get into a state at those nasty Nats

And also because you're a creepy wee bigot. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I am currently supporting the NHS by sending Mrs B out to do extra shifts for the cause, and making her the odd salad here and there. I dont see why I should have to do more than that.

Facebook is basically a bigger version of the Juniors forum. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Exactly, as the weeks go on it will become more and more of a dickwaving exercise and non participating households will be at great risk of public humiliation and in some cases, a very violent death.

There was a dispute about parking spaces at our development a few weeks ago (just before the apocalypse kicked in) and one woman posted how people should be more considerate to her as she was 7 months pregnant and had a 2 year old so needed to be as close to her door as possible then another woman argued back by going into great anatomical detail about her traumatic experience giving birth to her son a few months previous and that she was still struggling to walk. Sadly the conversation got deleted before I could secure the evidence but there hasn’t been a day that has passed that i haven’t thought about it.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

There was a dispute about parking spaces at our development a few weeks ago (just before the apocalypse kicked in) and one woman posted how people should be more considerate to her as she was 7 months pregnant and had a 2 year old so needed to be as close to her door as possible then another woman argued back by going into great anatomical detail about her traumatic experience giving birth to her son a few months previous and that she was still struggling to walk. Sadly the conversation got deleted before I could secure the evidence but there hasn’t been a day that has passed that i haven’t thought about it.

Did you send them pics of big cocks and headless foxes?

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you send them pics of big cocks and headless foxes?

I probably should have, would have been a bit more appropriate than talking about the woman’s buckled cervix anyway.

Some really grim pictures from New York City, numerous coffins being buried in mass graves following death from the virus.

Hart Island is an uninhabited island off the Bronx which has been used for burials of those with no next of kin or unclaimed bodies for many years.  

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2020/apr/10/aerial-video-shows-mass-grave-on-new-york-citys-hart-island-amid-coronavirus-surge-video

Apparently Hart Island is a designated place for burial of excess bodies in a pandemic.  Are there similar named places in the UK?

Anyone think that £30 fines will deter the stupid and the selfish this weekend? 

Personally I think the recipients will wear it as a badge of honour, posting it on their FB page at the first opportunity.

Hopefully there’s something in the legislation that was passed that gives ministers the right to increase it significantly and that they will use those powers if the regulations are flouted this weekend to the extent that’s being forecast.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Some really grim pictures from New York City, numerous coffins being buried in mass graves following death from the virus.

Hart Island is an uninhabited island off the Bronx which has been used for burials of those with no next of kin or unclaimed bodies for many years.  

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2020/apr/10/aerial-video-shows-mass-grave-on-new-york-citys-hart-island-amid-coronavirus-surge-video

Apparently Hart Island is a designated place for burial of excess bodies in a pandemic.  Are there similar named places in the UK?

Ibrox.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Gravesend?

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

They don't bury their dead in Accrington. 

They stand them up in bus shelters.