Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Saw a comment today about Johnson’s approval rating going up.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yea, he's now at over 51% approval rating, an increase of 17 points from before he got the virus.

Imagine how popular he'd be if he'd died.

4 hours ago, Duszek said:

What’s bizarre about neds drinking in public? what are you expecting? 

“Troops, in light of the public health situation, I vote we tone down the alky tanning a bit.”

”aye, sound.”

the day rockets drinking in public disappear from the Scottish landscape will be a sad one. A minority view perhaps.

It was the fact they were all drinking out the SAME bottle.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

With you there m8, who knows? If you're worried about the note from NHS Tayside I'd ask for a phone appointment with your GP to explain it to you, it was  unnecessarily rude as well as obscure imo.

fri.JPG.486b506c11e644218c961df6c27a48bb.JPG

Welshbairn you've got it wrong. There is nothing wrong with the letter. Apparently everyone who has diabetes in Tayside get that letter. It's just detailing what pills I can or cannot take if I get the virus. The word SADMAN is an acrostic, then over the page is a wee bit more info.

nhs04.jpg

11 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

If this strain had a 100% death rate would the world have been organised enough to build an underground shelter and select some people to be put in there? How would they decide who to send and how many would need to to ensure a wide enough gene pool?

I suggest you read Spillover by David Quammen.  It suggests that most virologists work on the principle that 10% of the population are immune to whatever.

For example 10% of the population can be exposed to HIV and never get it.  You will never know if you are in that10% but nonetheless none of these things will ever kill everyone.

.. and on that happy note 🙂

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I heard about some old guy that has made about £15M doing something similar. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I fear the nation's reaction when his "race is run".

PS For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not wishing the old boy dead, he seems like decent type and has done well to highlight we essentially put centenarians on a hamster wheel to raise money for the NHS. Maybe we should connect him to the National Grid and he can generate electricity while he's at it.

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I suggest you read Spillover by David Quammen.  It suggests that most virologists work on the principle that 10% of the population are immune to whatever.

For example 10% of the population can be exposed to HIV and never get it.  You will never know if you are in that10% but nonetheless none of these things will ever kill everyone.

.. and on that happy note 🙂

That’s what Sammie the Stegosaurus thought.

3 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Romanian workers are being flown across to harvest fruit and veg in England. 

Post Brexit. 

What conditions are these workers going to be required to live in?

Fucking despise this country sometimes...

Why are Romanian workers being flown over?

Edited by Spring Onion

3 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Why are Romanian workers being flown over?

Because the Brexit-voting farmers are finding out that Good Old Honest Brits don't want to do shite work for shite pay.