Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Have noticed a lot of the bot farming alt-right twitter opinion leaders - Alison Pearson, Hopkins, Paul Joseph Watson etc  are starting to turn on the NHS a bit and reject lockdown, subsequently making thousands of union jack emoji numpties/bots say the same thing. What are they after here? not sure what the endgame is.

Also probably been mentioned on this thread, but that doctor who keeps posting misleadingly positive stuff about the virus on twitter (who has links to the government) has weirdly picked up a massive amount of followers considering he's not famous and only opened his account recently. He also seems to have right wing twitter in the palm of his hand. Some shady shite going on here to influence public opinion imo. 

Got a link to the doctors account?

8 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Got a link to the doctors account?

https://twitter.com/ProfKarolSikora

Turns out he's a bit more than a doctor, but he's been posting loads of positive stats and facts about current rates (with no sources i should add)  for the past month or so, and his replies are filled with right wing types saying things like 'great, positivity at last, youre the only person i listen to now, media scaremongering!!' patter. It was most noticeable about a month ago when he'd only just made his account and had loads of followers. I should add that just about everything he said weeks ago has been proved wrong.

A few folk on twitter flagged it up when he was at it every day, very weird.

Edited by Fratelli

11 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Have noticed a lot of the bot farming alt-right twitter opinion leaders - Alison Pearson, Hopkins, Paul Joseph Watson etc  are starting to turn on the NHS a bit and reject lockdown, subsequently making thousands of union jack emoji numpties/bots say the same thing. What are they after here? not sure what the endgame is.

Also probably been mentioned on this thread, but that doctor who keeps posting misleadingly positive stuff about the virus on twitter (who has links to the government) has weirdly picked up a massive amount of followers considering he's not famous and only opened his account recently. He also seems to have right wing twitter in the palm of his hand. Some shady shite going on here to influence public opinion imo. 

Probably just mirroring us politics atm which is inexplicably divided down party lines - much more markedly than here tbh, but it's creeping that way here too. Anyone on twitter who thinks the tories are doing a good job is 100% of the time a tory - proof that millions of people will still vote tory next time round despite the clear evidence that they've fucked this royally. 

3 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Turns out he's a bit more than a doctor, but he's been posting loads of positive stats and facts about current rates (with no sources i should add)  for the past month or so, and his replies are filled with right wing types saying things like 'great, positivity at last, youre the only person i listen to now, media scaremongering!!' patter. It was most noticeable about a month ago when he'd only just made his account and had loads of followers. I should add that just about everything he said weeks ago has been proved wrong.

I'd seen him and it had kind of registered that he was more positive than most but I hadn't thought much beyond that. Thanks for pointing it out 👍 

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Have noticed a lot of the bot farming alt-right twitter opinion leaders - Alison Pearson, Hopkins, Paul Joseph Watson etc  are starting to turn on the NHS a bit and reject lockdown, subsequently making thousands of union jack emoji numpties/bots say the same thing. What are they after here? not sure what the endgame is/

Most News recently is subtly (or in fact not so subtly) pointing towards an easing of restrictions.

One of the headlines today is about "high level talks about sport recommencing", then we've got the main headline quoting the WHO that there's "no evidence to support any sort of immunity for those who've had the virus".

Take those along with the international round up which has various countries "easing their lockdowns" and then we've got "Wizz air to recommence flights from start of May" and it all adds up to people believing normality is close to returning.

Another main BBC headline today is "Have Sweden got their Coronavirus strategy right" and of course there's been various stories about the "negative effects of the lockdown".

Yes, it all looks to me that they're setting the scene for some sort of easing and VE day just happens to be the coincidental time of the next evaluation.......

6 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

He works for a private health firm and Britain's only private University, and it appears he hates the whole idea of the NHS. Prone to exaggerate his CV.

Sikora is very critical of cancer care available on the National Health Service.[16] During President Obama's push to enact healthcare reform, in early May 2009 he appeared in a Republican Party attack ad in the United States criticising NICE and the NHS.[19] Sikora told The Guardian that he did not know he would be used in the ad campaign, and that he agreed with Obama about the American health care system.[20]

In the attack ad, Sikora was referred to as professor of oncology at Imperial College. This led Imperial to seek legal advice to stop Sikora from claiming to be a professor of cancer medicine at Imperial; a claim that he was understood to have made repeatedly over the previous five years.[21] On 29 January 2009, Sikora had introduced himself to a Commons health select committee as "...professor of oncology at Imperial College for 22 years"[21]

On Newsnight in 2017, he described the NHS as "the last bastion of communism".[22]

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

They have no business wrapping police tape around kids playgrounds either.

How else would you suggest that they close a playground?

Schedule 1 Part 2 Paragraph 20 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 specifically states thar playgrounds, sports courts & outdoor gyms must close.

Don't know about other city councils, but Dundee CC are facing care staff shortages (due to illness and isolation) and are now trying to draft in private sector/care company staff to cover the gaps. Obviously not at the council rate of pay ofc, and staff are being told by the care companies they work for that they will be going, regardless if they want to or not. Some farce. 

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not if you don't have an Aldi or Lidl anywhere near you.

Personally I still prefer buying my meat from an independent Butcher as opposed to ANY supermarket.

I'd like to but they always shut while I'm still at work. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He works for a private health firm and Britain's only private University, and it appears he hates the whole idea of the NHS. Prone to exaggerate his CV.

Aye he has a few shady links.  This tweet and the first few replies go into his backstory a bit 

17 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

On Newsnight in 2017, he described the NHS as "the last bastion of communism

Also hired by Libya to say Al-Megrahi only had 3 months to live quickening his release he lived for 2y9m.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:
23 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
Really like aldi some great deals on booze and fresh stuff is good.

Anyone that chooses Tesco/Asda over Aldi/Lidl for meat and veg or off their heads imo.

That’s bollocks.  I bought sirloins, burgers and sausages from Lidl for a barbecue about three weeks ago, the sirloins were poor and the sausages and burgers not too great.  We are having the same again tomorrow and everything has been bought from Tesco where we usually get stuff.

I have no problem with Aldi or Lidl but don’t assume all butcher meat is of the same quality.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

B&M is decent for cleaning products and juice.

The alcohol they sell looks shite.

Are their detergents drinkable quality in the fight against COVID-19?

Edited to add question mark.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s bollocks.  I bought sirloins, burgers and sausages from Lidl for a barbecue about three weeks ago, the sirloins were poor and the sausages and burgers not too great.  We are having the same again tomorrow and everything has been bought from Tesco where we usually get stuff.

I have no problem with Aldi or Lidl but don’t assume all butcher meat is of the same quality.

Aldi's meat is very good, their ultimate scotch beef 1/4 pounders/minted lamb kebabs are top notch, I'm not a big fan of Lidl's meat products though.