Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I got an acquaintance on facebook convinced the government are letting Coronavirus turn into an epidemic as some sort of ethnic cleansing in the UK

The government were pretty clever at releasing it in Asia  first to throw people off the scent.  BJ isn't as dumb as we think it seems.  

22 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Well the rate of mortality for the infected on record has be consistently less than 1%. With the most vulnerable being those who are vulnerable to other viruses such as the flu and the common cold anyway. The media are treating this like the apocalypse. Far more people are going to die from cancer today than from the Corona Virus. Far more people are going to die from poverty and starvation today than from the Corona Virus. The only reason it's news, is because for once, the rich are equally as vulnerable. If the Corona Virus was only a threat to the poor, it wouldn't be news at all.

Aye, but they're not doing it at once, with no way of to treat it.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The government were pretty clever at releasing it in Asia  first to throw people off the scent.  BJ isn't as dumb as we think it seems.  

You'd have thought a pandemic would have decimated the most heavily populated region on the planet, given that it's also home to some of the most poverty stricken people too.

Wait, wait, wait.

Are you P&B's Patient Zero?

Don’t know yet, but confirmed a virus. Shit load of meds and home quarantine. Back on Monday.

If you don’t hear from me again.......etc,

Should add, I reckon its a different virus. I haven’t felt the need to wear a gas mask or take to youtube or facebook to complain. So not all the same symptoms.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Don’t know yet, but confirmed a virus. Shit load of meds and home quarantine. Back on Monday.

If you don’t hear from me again.......etc, etc.

Thoughts and prayers.

I hope you have access to some sort of excellent sports broadcasting service. Good luck.

49 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

How many people have died in the UK over the years as a result of ideological tory w**k austerity? Where was the BBC, Sky News and most of the MSM outlets? Where was the panic?
This will be far less damaging by comparison. But because it impacts the rich equally, it's considered major news.

Excess deaths due to austerity are close 100 day over the past decade. 

As you say it's the equality of this virus that has people panicking and the fact that has mainly effected the type of people who are in contact with frequent international travelers so far. 

55 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Well the rate of mortality for the infected on record has be consistently less than 1%. 

There's only two places that have had mass infections - Hubei and northern Italy. In both places the health system has buckled and the death rate is way higher than elsewhere. That's mainly because there simply aren't enough ventilators to keep large numbers of critical cases alive. It might still be a low rate, as we don't know how many asymptomatic or mild cases have gone undiagnosed, but any number at the moment is pretty much speculation.

Edited by bendan

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Excess deaths due to austerity are close 100 day over the past decade. 

As you say it's the equality of this virus that has people panicking and the fact that has mainly effected the type of people who are in contact with frequent international travelers so far. 

I'm not that any of that last para.  is at all correct 

4 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

If you don’t hear from me again.......etc,

Should add, I reckon its a different virus. I haven’t felt the need to wear a gas mask or take to youtube or facebook to complain. So not all the same symptoms.

All the best mate.

I'll have a beer for you in memory at Khosan Road tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

It's too far gone now, I dont know how bad it needs to get before people realise this is about more than money. I regret saying what I said but theres an element of truth in the way society seems to live hand to mouth.
I'm not looking forward to possibly losing wages either. Its nobodies fault apart from the government who could and should have shut down travel and big events weeks ago.

How dare you not work in a job that pays full sick pay.  What a loser!