Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Is it possibly to get a filter which blocks out memes from over 40s?

I'm well over 40 and wtf is a meme?

23 minutes ago, swiftyswifty swifty said:

It’s the MO of this shower of absolute shite. 

We’ve got the Government England deserve. 

Very well put.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

If we could ramp up to 100k tests a day then why didnt we do this in January and test the shit out of anyone coming back from abroad?

They keep changing the goalposts and objectives while forgetting about what they said in the past.

I think it’s a throat/nasal test.

22 minutes ago, Paco said:

This is a seriously, seriously poor bit of political gamesmanship. If they’re going to ask for politics to be put aside for now, they can’t be pulling stunts like this. See also suddenly including daily care homes deaths when the total tallies are under 1000 - last Friday for example had 1005 deaths (more will likely be added) but we’ve never had to endure the ‘shock’ of a 1000-death-day. This data has been available for a few weeks.

Ps the testing system is now actually significantly better than it was at the start of the month and is edging up to the kind of levels we need as a bare minimum to get out of lockdown. There is some genuine credit in there, the start was ridiculously slow and the decision to give up on it in March deserves every criticism that arrives. It genuinely cost lives. But the last month has been a success... why change parameters and essentially cheat to hit an idiotic arbitrary target and make the headlines all about that?

Tories gotta Tory.

That is not a flippant response by the way.  They are fundamentally dishonest people who will use political spin during the gravest crisis to boost their own standing.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So was throbber.

26D4C618-755E-45DD-BBA2-38FB9E57FA42.jpeg

Bit cruel mate, even though her excuse for selling the worthless tiny tat was that she was downsizing. Sure her teeth look better under normal lighting.

13 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Saw this on Facebook 👀👀👀

FB_IMG_1588352387121.thumb.jpg.df358239259b634a1208689a457de7ef.jpg

from FaceBook

Well some one in their Government down there has been busy creating dozens of Twitter accounts!!! Talk about incompetents - you’d think they’d at least have tried to change the wording in each one. They are telling us not to blame them for this criminal shambles!!

troll01.jpg

troll02.jpg

Tories gotta Tory.
That is not a flippant response by the way.  They are fundamentally dishonest people who will use political spin during the gravest crisis to boost their own standing.
Exactly.

Why can't they just come out and say we didn't make the target but have made significant steps in recent weeks and will continue to try to improve this.

But even during this crisis they can't just hold their hands up they have to what politicians do proving beyond any doubt (not as if there was any) that they are c***s. I honestly don't understand how anybody can bring themselves to vote for these c***s.

Can't even listen to Hancock anymore the slimey c**t makes my blood boil.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

40 deaths in Scotland today, the lowest figure seen on a weekday since April 2nd.

T7D drop to 47 - their lowest level since April 16th

If numbers continue to be 40 or below for a week or so, I can see a big surge in people going against the lockdown. I also think for the economies sake things should start to return to “normal” sooner rather than later 

8 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

from FaceBook

Well some one in their Government down there has been busy creating dozens of Twitter accounts!!! Talk about incompetents - you’d think they’d at least have tried to change the wording in each one. They are telling us not to blame them for this criminal shambles!!

troll01.jpg

troll02.jpg

Social media manipulation.  Hands up if you’re surprised.

Anyone?

from FaceBook
troll01.thumb.jpg.25e31c14ebdd21a209c5678ec91fc010.jpg
troll02.thumb.jpg.f4725651d181b37406937835908a501b.jpg
Fucking hell.

I'm not in fb or twitter but this is mental.

This shit needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

It's all about the R-Rate now, deaths (since they started falling) are no longer the denominator.

If numbers continue to be 40 or below for a week or so, I can see a big surge in people going against the lockdown. I also think for the economies sake things should start to return to “normal” sooner rather than later 

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

This fucks me off probably more then it should. Stupid wee c***s can't put their phones away for 10 minutes. Just leave the shop, do it outside and out of my fuckin way. 

Might be Granny's wife calling him to see what size incontinence pants he needs.

Pretty much the exact same spiel is all over linkedin too. I'm in o&g so much of my contacts are skewed to the gammon. The sentiment is similar to the "experts don't know what they are talking about - we'll make Brexit a success if we shut our eyes and #believe really, really hard" lunacy.

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It's all about the R-Rate now, deaths (since they started falling) are no longer the denominator.

This is something that's been puzzling me.

How is the R0 calculated?

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is something that's been puzzling me.

How is the R0 calculated?

I presume the number of new infections has something to do with it but I have no idea

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Saw this on Facebook 👀👀👀

FB_IMG_1588352387121.thumb.jpg.df358239259b634a1208689a457de7ef.jpg

Sugar off the apprentice retweeted that post. Some brass neck to be employed by the BBC and then say journalists should reflect the mood and not hold people to account.