Coronavirus (COVID-19)

A woman I used to work with has been getting pelters on FB for posting pic so of her cutting her pals hair at her house (they don’t live together, but they do work together). What’s the P&B verdict?
I think there will be a lot of this going on.

I'd you're daft enough to publicise it, then you've got to take the flack.

Just been in Tesco in Dundee for first time in few weeks and it's pretty clear people are not bothering a f**k to social distance.

Would say well over 75% of folk made no effort whatsoever. People constantly going down aisle the wrong way despite there being arrows fucking everywhere. Numerous couples out shopping, and people giving no room at all when passing. One dick with two sprogs in the beer aisle clearly seen me waiting for it to clear as there was three or four people up ahead and he walk right by me at a distance of about 20cm despite me being Into the side of the aisle and straight into the where all the other were standing. Other c***s standing in middle of aisle texting or having phone conversations.

As soon as the lockdown if you can even call it that is eased slightly things will get even worse and no doubt be a spike in numbers cause people don't give a f**k or are just dumb as f**k perhaps both

Which Tesco was this? I was in the one on Riverside Dundee today and pretty much everyone was tuned in to social distancing and giving their fellow shoppers adequate space.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A woman I used to work with has been getting pelters on FB for posting pic so of her cutting her pals hair at her house (they don’t live together, but they do work together). What’s the P&B verdict?

Both wids

32 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Has it?

That poll was taken before this latest sleight of hand. As has been posted a simple "We've missed our target but we've tested whatever it was" would have sufficed. This gerrymandering for want of a better word has been noted by the MSM and has done the government no favours, imo. I don't think it will count for tuppence at the next GE but it's pretty underhand. Par for the course, I suppose.

The folk that take part in these polls are obviously Mintermind types whose only comeback on any criticism of the Torycuntfraudsquad is “ha ha wee nippy got independence yet” whilst countless poverty stricken and old people are left to die.

ie thick, selfish c***s

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That poll was taken before this latest sleight of hand. As has been posted a simple "We've missed our target but we've tested whatever it was" would have sufficed. This gerrymandering for want of a better word has been noted by the MSM and has done the government no favours, imo. I don't think it will count for tuppence at the next GE but it's pretty underhand. Par for the course, I suppose.

I’d like to think you’re correct but even prior to the testing lies there has been a full expose of the government’s failings; it doesn’t seem to have made any difference.

Pretty depressing in truth.

On 22/01/2020 at 09:07, Hawk89 said:

It has been known about for a wee while, this is the first outbreak as such. Wouldn't be overly worried at this stage, just something for the media to harp on about to distract from whatever Boris and co are up to. 

On 22/01/2020 at 09:43, staggy1929 said:

this'll all blow over fairly quickly, Bird flu and Ebola were another two 'apocalypse' diseases that don't seem to get any media coverage now.

These have probably been reposted already, but I’m bored and they are still funny.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d like to think you’re correct but even prior to the testing lies there has been a full expose of the government’s failings; it doesn’t seem to have made any difference.

Pretty depressing in truth.

Maybe so, but this is a crisis - the ruling party usually gets a bye ball in these circumstances. When this blows over/settles down it's up to a decent opposition to exploit this. (And I use the word "exploit" deliberately, this is politics after all, and any capable opposition will be filing this all away for future use, while, of course - and only to be expected in this situation - giving the government every support possible, while perhaps gently pointing out how things could be/could have been done better. The opposition are in an awkward position here, can't be too critical for being accused of politicking, but can't be too cosy either or they will get tarred with the same brush. And, yes, I know we're talking about people dying here.)

12 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Michael Gove says he wants to try easing lockdown on Scottish islands first. Scottish islands tell him to f**k off.

https://www.ft.com/content/5b97bf6c-6e9d-42ba-9e68-4738776f2b83

The first case was confirmed on Skye at a nursing home yesterday, people there were told to expect a wave by the end of May so easing lockdown there would be a stupid idea but not in the least bit surprising coming from the Tories. 

At least we are in a fairly strong position in that we can monitor how well other countries respond to easing restrictions in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was watching the daily Coronavirus briefing and it occurred to me that they were getting quite a lot of good publicity out of this.

I mean that before now, there were Tories who’s names I knew but I wouldn’t know them if I walked past them. I can now recognise a lot more of them.

I can also see people thinking they are doing quite well, they answer the questions put to them, sound plausible and quite like they know what’s happening and what they are doing. It’s mainly journalists who come out of the briefing looking bad for their shit questions.

Then you remember they are c***s who are making a right arse of it all but not everyone will remember this.

Edited by Jambomo

Guest Bob Mahelp
41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maybe so, but this is a crisis - the ruling party usually gets a bye ball in these circumstances. When this blows over/settles down it's up to a decent opposition to exploit this. (And I use the word "exploit" deliberately, this is politics after all, and any capable opposition will be filing this all away for future use, while, of course - and only to be expected in this situation - giving the government every support possible, while perhaps gently pointing out how things could be/could have been done better. The opposition are in an awkward position here, can't be too critical for being accused of politicking, but can't be too cosy either or they will get tarred with the same brush. And, yes, I know we're talking about people dying here.)

The UK is well on track to have the world's second highest number of deaths.  That's a pretty astonishing statistic under any set of circumstances.

It's the job of the opposition parties and the (pause for laughter) media, to examine forensically why this has happened. 

At the moment the Tories have free reign to bang on about how brilliantly they're doing, the Dunkirk spirit, spitfires, Vera Lynn etc etc, and they're dominating the political narrative to such an extent that anyone questioning them is made to somehow look unpatriotic. 

I'm sure Labour recognise the danger in this. If they don't attack the Tories, before you know it we'll be on the other side of this and Johnson will have very quickly re-written history to the extent that he will be utterly untouchable for years to come. 

People say we shouldn't be arguing politics at this point in time, but ALL of this.....every announcement, every decision....has a political motivation. And the Tories know it, and know that Labour are peddling backwards.

The one bright light is that Corbyn is gone and Labour seem to have an intelligent and reasonably effective leader. 

I was watching the daily Coronavirus briefing and it occurred to me that they were getting quite a lot of good publicity out of this.
I mean that before now, there were Tories who’s names I knew but I wouldn’t know them if I walked past them. I can now recognise a lot more of them.
I can also see people thinking they are doing quite well, they answer the questions put to them, sound plausible and quite like they know what’s happening and what they are doing. It’s mainly journalists who come out of the briefing looking bad for their shit questions.
Then you remember they are c***s who are making a right arse of it all but not everyone will remember this.

Now that we are 'over the hump' and heading towards a sunny future all bets should really be off. The opposition parties and the opposition press, such as it is, must now get on the front foot and hammer Johnson and Co relentlessly on everything from their dire response to this pandemic and how their policies of the last decade markedly contributed to it, right across to the ongoing lunacy of Brexit. We are still very much in a 'rally the troops' honeymoon period but that cannot last - even doughty Colonel Tom and Vera Lynn can't disguise the truth forever.