Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

For the ifs to have any chance of being plausible, the true mortality rate of Covid-19 would have to be much lower than thought.

The few early tests on trying to identify the true mortality rate have found it to be considerably less than 1%.

Were that true the first wave would have passed largely unnoticed, particularly at that time of year.

Have you actually seen the mortality stats? If the "first wave" didn't cause a noticeable rise, then why are the latest stats twice the normal mortality rate?

Sturgeon warns of repeated self-isolation once lockdown eases Scottish policy paper emphasises coronavirus ‘test, trace, isolate, support’ strategy

Anyone who had been closer than two metres from an infected person for 15 minutes or more would be required to self-isolate for 14 days, the document said.

21 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Have you actually seen the mortality stats? If the "first wave" didn't cause a noticeable rise, then why are the latest stats twice the normal mortality rate?

Are you asking why the second wave of a pandemic virus would be worse than the first?

Why would that be particularly unusual?

Edited by Todd_is_God

21 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Sturgeon warns of repeated self-isolation once lockdown eases Scottish policy paper emphasises coronavirus ‘test, trace, isolate, support’ strategy

Anyone who had been closer than two metres from an infected person for 15 minutes or more would be required to self-isolate for 14 days, the document said.

Would it not be better to get tested yourself?

People are going to get fed up of isolating for 2 weeks, not to mention employers.

That isn't good enough.

Trace - Test - Quarantine or Release based on the test result.

Edited by Todd_is_God

19 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Earlier I posted that I had worries that Test, Trace, Isolate would mean the football would be up the spout, but I only skimmed over the details of the document.

On reflection football should be ok then, as players are never within 2 metres of one another for anything more than a few seconds. (Changing rooms and transport to away games will need to be looked at right enough)

Earlier I posted that I had worries that Test, Trace, Isolate would mean the football would be up the spout, but I only skimmed over the details of the document.
On reflection football should be ok then, as players are never within 2 metres of one another for anything more than a few seconds. (Changing rooms and transport to away games will need to be looked at right enough)

Certain teams’ players aren’t even within 2 metres of the ball all day.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Well I was at the local ASDA this afternoon and its the typical story of a bickering 40 something couple who don't respect social distancing and have no interest in following the arrows on the floor. Couldn't get away from them either even at the checkout queue.

The only positive thing is that such people are probably in the minority.  Most folk I’ve encountered over the last few weeks, whether it’s been out walking or shopping, are acting sensibly and respectfully.

Sadly that’s never going to be a 100% thing.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So currently only 5% of people tested are positive.
That means there must be some amount of time wasters.
Clearly some negatives will have genuine symptoms but 95 % ?

They have to test everyone with breathing difficulties and/or a fever. 

Which is a high percentage of people who present at hospital or to paramedics. Especially older people.

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So currently only 5% of people tested are positive.
That means there must be some amount of time wasters.
Clearly some negatives will have genuine symptoms but 95 % ?

I'm choosing to take this as positive news.

Flying off to rural Norway for work on Thursday via an overnight in Amsterdam and 8 hours in Olso. 

Going to be quite an experience going through quiet airports. 

Looked at trying to source some facemasks for the journey but there's no chance I'd get them on time. Hopefully I can purchase them at the airport. 

Just now, gc_smfc said:

Flying off to rural Norway for work on Thursday via an overnight in Amsterdam and 8 hours in Olso. 

Going to be quite an experience going through quiet airports. 

Looked at trying to source some facemasks for the journey but there's no chance I'd get them on time. Hopefully I can purchase them at the airport. 

Is your work essential?