Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, oaksoft said:

And how is that different from any other person in any other career?

You’re a twāt aren’t you?  Most employees work as little as they can get away with, and who could blame them?

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I was very careful to use the word "career" instead of "job".

If you can't understand the difference, that's on you.

I can understand the difference.  It’s indicative of your fantasy land that everyone with a career is dedicated to their job.

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's because i find it extremely hard to believe that the lockdown has been ineffective or unnecessary. 

There is probably a good case that early measures were insufficient and late, granted. But if there was never any danger, as you suggest, then why would the government have needed to do any more? 

For the same reason they built extra hospitals. They panicked at the 500,000 figure and couldn't risk not having the additional capacity. Nightingale didnt open until about a week after the peak, and had taken just 41 patients by the 24th.

I find it incredibly hard to believe a disease with an average time from infection to death of 24 days or there or there abouts would peak sharply just 18 days after lockdown started. Especially when, during that period supermarkets were rammed, and there was little in the way of social distancing outside or inside them like there is now. It seems too soon.

I also find it incredible that we are still counting cases from March in a death total announced on 12th May as having died "in the last 24 hours" It's what leads to people going mental at the thought of easing lockdown when "hundreds are dying each day" which, whilst true, the actual number has been around 200 per day for over a week (around 13% of expected daily deaths) and has started to fall quite sharply over the last 5 days

If the same method of counting is applied up here it would be interesting to see

20200512_183334.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

this shitstorm will have to be paid for once it's over, hopefully we'll all be in it together this time round. 

Aye we will all have to pay this back, even the people who are getting f**k all 

Just now, heedthebaa said:

Aye we will all have to pay this back, even the people who are getting f**k all 

The tax dodging multi-nationals will finally be asked to pay their share.

Just kidding.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I can only repeat. If you are not dedicated to your job then you shouldn't be near a classroom, a scalpel, the design on a jet engine, the list is endless.

There are plenty of other jobs where you can go home at 5pm on the dot. Those folk should pick one of them.

What about fantasists?  When do they you get time off?

For the avoidance of doubt, in my opinion, when teachers are asked to step up in the next couple of months, they will do so in overwhelming numbers because they'll feel it's their duty to do so.

The clock watchers will stand out like a sore thumb. It's way beyond time that we weed them out of the profession for the sake of our kids learning.

Who are the clock watchers and how many of them have you complained about "for the sake of our kids" over you adult life?

What were the outcomes of said complaints?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You couldn’t pay me enough money to be a teacher.

Mind you I’d be shit at it anyway.

Me, either.

(Your second sentence was superfluous.)

You don't know what a clock watcher is?

Have you ever had paid employment in your life? :1eye

You are inventing an endemic problem in the teaching profession that you cannot provide context for, and claiming it can be solved by the use of unpaid overtime. 

How many teachers have you encountered whom you had a problem with, and how did you resolve it? It's a simple concept. You are suggesting theres a problem that needs rooted out.

I am saying any changes to teachers terms and conditions should be negotiated and agreed on, and would say the same for literally any other profession going. And that teachers have the right to reject. 

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Anyone who has that attitude simply shouldn't be a teacher.

Agree entirely. I'd hate to think that that a teacher was marking up work come the end of their 35 hour week and there was a still a few assignments needing checked. Surely he / she would spend a bit longer to get them don for the kids' sake

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Can't wait til those scientists at Oxford university are just on the cusp of finding out if their vaccine will work.

"Nah. That's me loused for the day. My shift is finished. The vaccine will need to wait"

They will probably be going home when there shift is finished. If they do need to stay I imagine they would be asking for overtime.

And you also clearly have zero idea how scientific research works.

All round terrible post.

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Can't wait til those scientists at Oxford university are just on the cusp of finding out if their vaccine will work.

"Nah. That's me loused for the day. My shift is finished. The vaccine will need to wait"

This is embarrassing