Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Belgian government have confirmed I can get a badly needed hair cut on Monday. Only by appointment, with a face mask and with social distancing observed where possible.
Though I don't have a face mask, which are supposed to be available from railway station snack vending machines, but aren't.
I did hear unfortunately to help with social distancing that no birdz with tits bigger than 34c were allowed back to work.

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

When I was selling my house last October, the agent had arranged a viewing for a mother and daughter. She actually told me before hand, that they’re complete time wasters and having been viewing at least one property a week for the past 2 years. If it was up to her, she’d tell them to f**k off but can’t, as they could complain to her superiors.

These idiots literally spend their free time wandering about other people’s houses.

Is it not that there is too many home makeover shows, so there is a load of folk who now think they are interior decorators and are looking for inspiration in other folks houses. Or they are just nosy weirdos

10 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Me too, Hotel  levante club, very nice 

We went to Hotel Cristal Park. They also had other hotels where you could get your lunch/evening meal (probably breakfast, too, I suppose!) on production of your pass, if you were out and about the resort.

There was one with a horrendous amount of steps where we went a couple of times. Couldn't do it now between my COPD and my wife's arthritis! :lol:

Who’s all going to the U.K. Freedom Movement mass gatherings then? I see there’s one planned for Inverness, I wonder which idiots will be there.
Look there is one for a park in newport on tay. Said park when you google it has only displayed for house sales.
I assume someone joined the cult for a laugh. Extended the local park for said laugh. Fully expect a absolutely 0 people turn up. The fuckers are getting publicity which is their aim.

Look there is one for a park in newport on tay. Said park when you google it has only displayed for house sales.
I assume someone joined the cult for a laugh. Extended the local park for said laugh. Fully expect a absolutely 0 people turn up. The fuckers are getting publicity which is their aim.
Been mentioned in the local media about this happening in Newport on Tay. Kinbrae Park is a small housing estate with a park and large field at rear of it. Seems a completely random place to have this right enough

I think that a proactive move by the government would be to let those desperate for herd immunity take the lead and be given the virus.
It would be voluntary. They could then go into isolation. It could be filmed like Big Brother. 

Are you not beginning to wonder what the alternative to herd immunity is?

It was a honking idea at the outset of this, but with appropriate shielding of vulnerable people, it's starting to look like more and more like the only option we have.

WHO and the like are shifting expectations. Its not that long ago the spiel was potential vaccine by September and 18 months peddled as a doomsday case. Now theres more talk of there never being a vaccine than either of those. In fact, vaccine progress has gone very quiet.

I dont want anyone to die, but the more thats learned about this virus, and with an antibody test hopefully painting a better picture of spread and lethality, we are going to have to think about giving the virus some slack on the leash.

If there are better options with less loss of life, then let's hear them but I dont consider indefinite lockdown to be an option.

This isnt what I want, and I am happy to stay locked down a few more weeks to drive the R down in Scotland, but I think folk need to start thinking about how this could end up going without an absolute idealist head on.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

When I was selling my house last October, the agent had arranged a viewing for a mother and daughter. She actually told me before hand, that they’re complete time wasters and having been viewing at least one property a week for the past 2 years. If it was up to her, she’d tell them to f**k off but can’t, as they could complain to her superiors.

These idiots literally spend their free time wandering about other people’s houses.

Currently in the process of selling my Dad's old house (on hold, naturally). I had a number of discussions with the estate agent about viewings and feedback, one bit of information I got was that when the weather is nice, they get a number of people who arrive without an appointment and ask to view properties. Some folk apparently enjoy a trip to the seaside with no other purpose than to wander round viewing houses that they have no intention of buying.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am happy to stay locked down a few more weeks to drive the R down in Scotland, but I think folk need to start thinking about how this could end up going without an absolute idealist head on.

I fully admit i don't reall understand how R is calculated, but the 7 day average infection numbers have been nosediving now for nearly 4 weeks. This is a steeper decline than in rUK and must surely be an indicator that R is A, much less than 1 and B, lower than the rUK rather than higher?

To further support this yesterday saw more tests than any other day, with just 7% testing positive.

I don't know how low we can expect these numbers to have to go before we are allowed to have this adult conversation, let alone do anything.

20200514_152000.jpg

Screenshot_20200514-151945_Opera.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you not beginning to wonder what the alternative to herd immunity is?

It was a honking idea at the outset of this, but with appropriate shielding of vulnerable people, it's starting to look like more and more like the only option we have.

WHO and the like are shifting expectations. Its not that long ago the spiel was potential vaccine by September and 18 months peddled as a doomsday case. Now theres more talk of there never being a vaccine than either of those. In fact, vaccine progress has gone very quiet.

I dont want anyone to die, but the more thats learned about this virus, and with an antibody test hopefully painting a better picture of spread and lethality, we are going to have to think about giving the virus some slack on the leash.

If there are better options with less loss of life, then let's hear them but I dont consider indefinite lockdown to be an option.

This isnt what I want, and I am happy to stay locked down a few more weeks to drive the R down in Scotland, but I think folk need to start thinking about how this could end up going without an absolute idealist head on.

I think we are screwed for a good while, maybe 10 years, who knows but, yes, we have to get going again at some point.

I was watching that tv series about John Adams (US president). In one of the shows his family were given the small pox so they could become immune to the disease and that kind of links to what is going on now.

Herd idea might have to be taken up and people should be allowed to volunteer to take the virus and get this done.

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I think we are screwed for a good while, maybe 10 years, who knows but, yes, we have to get going again at some point.

I was watching that tv series about John Adams (US president). In one of the shows his family were given the small pox so they could become immune to the disease and that kind of links to what is going on now.

Herd idea might have to be taken up and people should be allowed to volunteer to take the virus and get this done.

Ah. I thought you were being sarcastic with that idea. 

I'm not sure how this would translate into earlier weeks in the build up to the peak, but as the UK currently has 233,000 total infections on record I imagine the numbers would be many times higher