Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is the thing. If the roles were reversed BJ would be getting pelters on here.

I like NS, I like the SNP, but that doesn't mean I automatically think everything they do is right

Jeez, I dinnae think that everything the SNP do is right either.

I'm currently in a wee dispute with my local SNP branch on the lack of accountability of that self-entitled sod Charlie Windsor and his gang.

Why did no one from the SNP Government criticize that guy for ignoring the advice of the UK & Scottish governments to not go to ones Highland Holiday Home?

And why was he allowed to jump the queue so that the Grampian Health Board had to go to Birkhill to test them for Covid-19.

The then Chief Medical Officer for Scotland Catherine Calderwood stood at a lectern  on TV and said there were 'clear medical reasons' why they were tested.

She did not elaborate on the reasons and as I'm 6 years aulder than that sod and I've underlying health issues I would have been very interested as to the criteria that got him and his wife tested. So I dinnae think they are always right but they are a million times better than the Scottish unionists who are quite content for Scotland to dance to Englands tune.

Cnuts the lot of them. (that's the unionists).

Edited by Wee Willie

45 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

How do we ken?

You could be deid and somebody is cashing in your pension.

And feverishly posting here in an attempt tae fool the authorities.

It's been known tae happen.

:whistle

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Failure A: The continued 'och mebbe wear a face mask except if you just can't be arsed' advisory. As vouched for by that clownshoes figure Leitch on the basis of his zero-evidence, pop-sociological belief that unlike south-east Asia the people of Scotland have a deep-rooted, cultural aversion to, err, using a really fucking straightforward protective measure in the middle of a pandemic.

Failure B: The continued absence of any sort of credible contact tracing system to even follow up on the data that increased testing can provide.

Neither of those are acceptable for a government of any stripe fully eight weeks into a lockdown and three months since they started to take note of the situation unfolding in Italy.

Similar chat to A coming out in the press atm about how impossible it would be to quarantine people landing here the way they do in SEA simply by virtue of the fact we're British and it seems quite hard to do. 

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

If your poor got diabetes and live in the north of england ....yer fucked according to the news 

If you live in the north of England death is probably a welcome relief.

12 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Isabel OAKSOFT should go f**k herself. 

How does she know that kids can't pass on the virus, when scientists can't even agree. 

Let's send more kids to school where we can spread even further and give the nhs more cases.

I don't think that Isabel has thought this one through properly. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Let's send more kids to school where we can spread even further and give the nhs more cases.

I don't think that Isabel has thought this one through properly. 

Isobel and the right wing loons will ramp up the rhetoric over the next few weeks

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Isobel and the right wing loons will ramp up the rhetoric over the next few weeks

OK so long as they put their heads back above the parapet if it all goes Pete tong. 

Got a Private Eye today for the first time in ages, as is often the case it carries stories not seen elsewhere.

Apparently Matt Hancock’s pledge to hire 18,000 people to do contact tracing in England is misleading.   This was prior to the latest ‘high tech’ approach.

The plan was to hire 3,000 “qualified public health and clinical professionals”, the other 15,000 would be “call handlers”.  The hiring of these will be outsourced to companies who are hiring through agencies and offering the minimum wage of £8.72 per hour.

Got a Private Eye today for the first time in ages, as is often the case it carries stories not seen elsewhere.
Apparently Matt Hancock’s pledge to hire 18,000 people to do contact tracing in England is misleading.   This was prior to the latest ‘high tech’ approach.
The plan was to hire 3,000 “qualified public health and clinical professionals”, the other 15,000 would be “call handlers”.  The hiring of these will be outsourced to companies who are hiring through agencies and offering the minimum wage of £8.72 per hour.

The split between clinical staff and call handlers was known at the time of the announcement, I remember it being discussed.

Let's be honest the british and scottish approach to this had been an absolute farce. Its hard to blame the snp as much but we do have quite a bit of control over the nhs, stockpiling and preparedness and also testing.
There was no excuse for letting major events happen and schools to stay open.
We are just lucky that theres less population density up here.

No question that sturgeon has done well at briefings and hasn't made many blunders but it's just icing on a shitty cake that should have been much better considering we had months to prepare.

Similar chat to A coming out in the press atm about how impossible it would be to quarantine people landing here the way they do in SEA simply by virtue of the fact we're British and it seems quite hard to do. 
Or even test people. Ghana was doing it from february. There was a guy from there on question time laughing at us.
Ghana ffs