Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I really can’t explain the stance from mine.

First of all, told we are essential.

Then told to stay home.

Then small amount of staff go back after a week. Rest are furloughed.

After ten weeks or so I’m phoned and told that myself and a few others are being asked to come back because orders have came in for something that only myself and a few others can do. Now there was already orders for these items because we were working on them. These items are also the most expensive and profitable for the company. When I asked that no advice from the Scottish government has changed I’m told that we were essential all along. So if we were essential that why did we close down for a week to begin with?

Few minutes ago I get the generic weekly email from HR telling me that they are following current advice.

I’m being bullshitted?!

If you want to keep your job I'd consider that as sign that you're a valued employee, rather than the next one that due to the crisis they're going to have to downsize. Consider the last few weeks as an extra paid holiday. If you think the risk is too much then get in touch with Citizen's Advice or your Union.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If you want to keep your job I'd consider that as sign that you're a valued employee, rather than the next one that due to the crisis they're going to have to downsize. Consider the last few weeks as an extra paid holiday. If you think the risk is too much then get in touch with Citizen's Advice or your Union.

Yeah I’m not too concerned as for the next few weeks it will be quiet and less chaotic. I just don’t like the dishonesty. Just tell me that if we don’t shift stuff then there’s no company. They have put stuff in place to make it a bit safer. The communication is all over the place and doesn’t make sense tbh. Just need to be careful and see what happens once everyone is back. 

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yeah I’m not too concerned as for the next few weeks it will be quiet and less chaotic. I just don’t like the dishonesty. Just tell me that if we don’t shift stuff then there’s no company. They have put stuff in place to make it a bit safer. The communication is all over the place and doesn’t make sense tbh. Just need to be careful and see what happens once everyone is back. 

They're probably just having to make up stuff as they go along just like everybody else. Nobody's faced this before, and nobody knows  what this new virus will do.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

NS predictably backtracking on her commitment to consider easing restrictions following another fall in weekly death.

No plan. No change. Stay at Home.

In no doubt she has our "continued understanding"

I'm afraid not. Deliver the adult conversation promised. Starting to lose patience with the SNP tbh

The easiest thing is for her to sit and do nothing. Of course, at present, that can easily be palmed off as having the countries' interests at heart.

Going into lockdown was easy, but coming out of it is the difficult part. Every other part of the UK has now addressed it some extent. Seems to me she's shying away from the question just now. (I say this reluctantly as someone who has supported SNP at the ballot box for many years)

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

The easiest thing is for her to sit and do nothing. Of course, at present, that can easily be palmed off as having the countries' interests at heart.

Going into lockdown was easy, but coming out of it is the difficult part. Every other part of the UK has now addressed it some extent. Seems to me she's shying away from the question just now. (I say this reluctantly as someone who has supported SNP at the ballot box for many years)

Yeah you strike me as an SNP supporter.

It's worth remembering that Sturgeon was a health minister for five years. Some would argue that this gives her the necessary experience to make a good call; others that simply having a previous close working relationship with the public health authorities leads Sturgeon to lean on that side of the fence in any debate.

Given that Sturgeon is a rather cautious and calculating politician at the best of times I'd weight the explanation more towards the latter. A delay to exiting lockdown that is going to be backed up by public health officials regardless doesn't have anywhere near the same potential blowback as making an arse of the exit and going back to square one. That's not the optimum way of handling events IMO but here we are.

Edited by vikingTON

Imo they're probably worried giving a date will start people relaxing. Wouldn't be surprised if they give us next to no notice. 

What would be helpful would be an idea of what conditions we'd need to meet before lifting

[mention=38304]Turkmenbashi[/mention]
Not really sure what the focus on the R number is myself, but Johnston made it pretty clear it was really important until today when it had risen and now it's not really that important at all [emoji2369] 
Thought exactly the same thing as well watching that. They are basically now just moving the goal posts to suit their agenda now.

And you also have that absolute shit monger Matt Hancock standing there saying they have thrown a protective bubble around care homes since the start of this. How he can stand and say that without pissing himself is beyond me.

NS might be being ultra cautious but I would rather have her doing that compared with those snakes down there. At least she appears to have a shred of empathy and common decency.

50 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Thought exactly the same thing as well watching that. They are basically now just moving the goal posts to suit their agenda now.

And you also have that absolute shit monger Matt Hancock standing there saying they have thrown a protective bubble around care homes since the start of this. How he can stand and say that without pissing himself is beyond me.

NS might be being ultra cautious but I would rather have her doing that compared with those snakes down there. At least she appears to have a shred of empathy and common decency.

As much as I'm questioning her just now on the lockdown, that last sentence of yours is unquestionable