Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No it isn't, if it includes all divisions below National  League North and South. Those divisions are a significantly higher standard than our non-league.

Higher standard or just get paid more? English diddy league football is pish too. 

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Higher standard or just get paid more? English diddy league football is pish too. 

Some clubs represent big communities and get decent crowds that allow them to pay more. A bigger population increases the talent pool. It stands to reason they will be better for the most part.

Thought for a while that lower leagues with a 500 capped crowd, (200 would do for most Highland League games) could go ahead if players just need temperature checks and some basic precautions. Bubbles are a waste of time for part timers. Leave the tight rules for the full timers with potential crowd control trouble and enough money for covid tests twice a week.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
No it isn't, if it includes all divisions below National  League North and South. Those divisions are a significantly higher standard than our non-league.

Talbot would take them all I'm sure....

Talbot are the exception of course.

Some clubs represent big communities and get decent crowds that allow them to pay more. A bigger population increases the talent pool. It stands to reason they will be better for the most part.

Average in the Isthmian Premier last season was 462 with two clubs averaging over 1000 skewing that I genuinely dont imagine the standard to be any better than what was the West Super League which is considerably better than most of the Highland League anyway.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Average in the Isthmian Premier last season was 462 with two clubs averaging over 1000. I genuinely dont imagine the standard to be any better than what was the West Super League which is considerably better than most of the Highland League anyway.

We'll need to agree to differ. I'll add in they also have better funding from commercial activity. I watch plenty of non-league on both sides of the border and step 3 and 4 are miles better than top non-league here.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

UEFA have already blocked the return of fans for their games, which rules out the European fixtures at Celtic Park and Ibrox, or the Nations League game at Hampden, so of course it's going to be rugby.

It's not as if we have any domestic football or anything...

'Social distancing where possible'... except in the area that pupils spend 90% of each day. Imagine the tsunami of tears and snotters if a pub was caught adopting the same approach to the beloved social distancing protocol but this has actual government approval because 'ahm no watchin ma weans one minute mair, get it sorted Nicola' is the order of the day here.
Like I said, not ideal, but better than a house full of pished up teenagers.

6 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Does any c**t actually go to club rugby matches anyway? 

Surprisingly, Glasgow and Edinburgh's average attendances are around 7,300

The Edinburgh v Glasgow games typically draw much higher crowds, though.

Edited by Todd_is_God

44 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's not as if we have any domestic football or anything...

Allowing certain clubs to run test events in domestic football whilst preventing others from doing so was always going to be a can of worms they didn't want to open.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Allowing certain clubs to run test events in domestic football whilst preventing others from doing so was always going to be a can of worms they didn't want to open.

Pish excuse.

All clubs could easily be invited to run test events, capped at a percentage of stadium capacity. For the likes of Hamilton that might only be 600 fans, but it's a start.

That said i'm not exactly sure what 1,000 fans in a 67,000 seater stadium is supposed to be testing.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's an excellent idea to try it out on rugby first. If it goes badly, who cares? But lessons will be learnt.

FFS what is it with you sadists, Inverclyde has already been hammered, now you want to allow us to return to Cappielow to increase the suffering.

I don't see a problem if they allow  10% -15% capacity in to grounds to start with as long as there is proper risk assesment in place. It seems to have worked OK in other leagues.

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2020/07/06/lech-poznan-attract-record-post-covid-crowd/